Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Looking at doing some local AutoX. I have added the FP CAI / 91 Tune / Throttlebody to my car. I did that before I got interested in AutoX or the occasional track day.

Am I reading the classing rules right that throttle body basically puts me in Street Prepared class since its larger diameter than stock?

Other than https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9603-M8B, its a Stock A10 PP1 GT.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Thanks for the tip, the session I'm looking at is with a Porsche club and they only do Street Classing for non Porsches (no CAM classes). I'll go into the RWD category they have and hope no one is too serious about the classing. Also will be my first time, so I am very okay not running for points.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Am I reading the classing rules right that throttle body basically puts me in Street Prepared class since its larger diameter than stock?
I've never done this serious autox, but how exactly will they know it's not stock? Also what do they mean by stock? Stock on your exact model or stock on a Mustang? I mean this setup came stock on a different trim level, so technically it's stock and how would they know it didn't come on your model?

I get rules and stuff, but unless you're competing nationally in the highest of classes, I can't imagine they got a bunch of techs out there running around with rulers measuring everyone's throttle body sizes and then doing a search on their phones to see what it came with from the factory.

OP
OP

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
You're probably right this is all overthinking and they won't know trim level parts(especially being a Porsche club), just trying to make sure I don't make enemies while being a guest at their event.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
just trying to make sure I don't make enemies while being a guest at their event.
Definitely not and don't try to fight it if they do try to put you in a higher classification. IMO I would just play dumb and say that's how you got it and you thought it was stock.
Sponsored