Sponsored

FS Autocross Classing

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I traded a base 15 GTPP for an 18 GTPP 10A 301A with MagneRide primarily for the luxury aspects of the 301A package combined with both the PP and an automatic. Any performance improvement will be a bonus and might help improve my odds of not being DFL. ;)

I'm hopeful that the 10A gearing and paddle shifting will solve any dig issues without being too short for tire traction.

I haven't seen any weight info for base 2018 GT PP manual cars. All have been fully loaded premiums with unknown amounts of gas. Weights are in the mid 3800's for the manual test cars. As I recall road test weights of 15's also were of loaded premiums with unknown amounts of gas but they tended to be in the low to mid 3800's.

On my scales with full tanks and oem wheels/tires my 15 base with normal seats GT PP weighed 3752 and the 18 base plus 301A GT PP 10A with magneride and navigation weighs 3875.

Edit to add a correction: LMR weighed a GTPP 300A with 10A with full tank on a certified truck scale: 3860 (without driver).
Sponsored

Last edited:

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
[MENTION=16275]SteveW[/MENTION] Steve, had to bail before you guys ran Sunday but worked course for your heat Saturday -- great job keeping up with Chris!

Mark and I ran both cars Sunday first heat; I think he raw-timed FS in the Camaro (59.8?) and matched them in the Mustang (60.1). I was ... not terrible but way slower in both cars; again a few tenths quicker in the Camaro.

Amazing how different the two cars feel on course, back to back. The Camaro shrinks; the Mustang grows. We shifted up and down twice in the Camaro, left the Mustang in third the whole time. The Mustang got to the first sweeper the better part of a second ahead of the Camaro and gave it back, bit by bit, the rest of the way.

The added power is great; real issue is nose lift on corner exit that creates push. The DAs on my 2015 were way better at keeping it in check. Our last runs Saturday were in the dark -- not exaggerating! Mark said the bobbing of the Mustang's headlights looked like a boat riding waves. Curious how Magneride affects this, [MENTION=12865]DickR[/MENTION].

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
[MENTION=16275]SteveW[/MENTION] Steve, had to bail before you guys ran Sunday but worked course for your heat Saturday -- great job keeping up with Chris!

Mark and I ran both cars Sunday first heat; I think he raw-timed FS in the Camaro (59.8?) and matched them in the Mustang (60.1). I was ... not terrible but way slower in both cars; again a few tenths quicker in the Camaro.

Amazing how different the two cars feel on course, back to back. The Camaro shrinks; the Mustang grows. We shifted up and down twice in the Camaro, left the Mustang in third the whole time. The Mustang got to the first sweeper the better part of a second ahead of the Camaro and gave it back, bit by bit, the rest of the way.

The added power is great; real issue is nose lift on corner exit that creates push. The DAs on my 2015 were way better at keeping it in check. Our last runs Saturday were in the dark -- not exaggerating! Mark said the bobbing of the Mustang's headlights looked like a boat riding waves. Curious how Magneride affects this, [MENTION=12865]DickR[/MENTION].
Great to see you guys and run at Crows! Saturday was better for me with Chris but he was flying on Sunday. However, if you're saying Jeff and Mark were 60ish then that's a win for me, haha. I did a 61.3 so, I only got smoked by 1-1.5 seconds then ;-)

I've always felt the Street Mustangs would benefit from much more low speed compression valving. That would help the bobbing you saw with the lights on.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I will try to pay attention to the dip/bob with MagneRide and will put that on my list for testing on the "suburban/rural" roads near me ASAP along with 10A manual shifting. Nose lift when going between heavy throttle and heavy brake in 2nd gear on the street will be very easy to observe. SA Konis on stiffer settings obviously slowed nose lift. When I had the DA inserts I kept compression relatively soft per Sam Strano's recommendation due to concerns with understeer.
Sponsored