Auto lock?

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Someone got into my car last night...does the car not have auto lock after it's been sitting for awhile?
Sponsored

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
I hate to hear that, hopefully the car wasn't damaged and the stolen items were a minimum. From what I have seen with my car, it does not auto lock, but it could be a setting that can be changed.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Nope.

For as many tech features as MANY new cars have, for some stupid reason, these auto manufacturers do not have an auto-lock feature in place.

Always lock via the door handle or from your fob.

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
Nope.

For as many tech features as MANY new cars have, for some stupid reason, these auto manufacturers do not have an auto-lock feature in place.

....yippie lol

OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
I hate to hear that, hopefully the car wasn't damaged and the stolen items were a minimum. From what I have seen with my car, it does not auto lock, but it could be a setting that can be changed.
I dont really have anything in the car and thankfully the trunk wasnt touched just the glove box and center console, doesnt seem like anything was taken either.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
My Mustang doesn't auto lock, haven't seen a setting for it to do so. My Mazda does (when enabled of course). It is a nice feature.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Nope.

And its not just that. We have a few 2018 i think, completely and totally base model suburbans at work, as well as a couple completely base model, not sure of the year but def pre 2020 durangos...both have wireless android auto/car play (or whatever the apple version is called). But with ford, unless it has sync 4 you have to go wired and I find that so dumb. whether its a focus, a gt500, or a half million GT. if its got sync 3 or lower its wired only.

In their defense, they do offer stuff like adaptive cruise control on most models standard where as higher end, euro cars make it an addon package.

ARAMP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Always hated auto-lock.

The wife and I had twins in 2010 and we needed a bigger vehicle to haul them and their crap around so we bought a brand new Yukon XL. The first trip we took, the boys were 5 weeks old and we probably had less than 100 miles on the Yukon, not even knowing all of it's quirks and features. On the drive, we stopped to get gas and I had left the keys in the ignition. The wife got out to use the restroom, and as I was pumping gas the auto lock kicked on. Of course the boys were just cooing away in their car seats.

We panicked a little but ended up calling onstar which wasn't even set up. There were a couple hoops we had to jump through but after that, we've always disengaged any auto lock feature we've had on vehicles.

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
I don’t think my Pathfinder will auto lock if there are keys in the vehicle, I think my Accord was the same way. Just shows we all have different preferences, I would really love to have auto lock. For those that did not want it the feature could always be turned off on the other cars.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
auto lock? The door can be locked from the button inside, the handle, the fob and even your phone with the Fordpass app..how many more ways do you need to lock your car?

Sponsored

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
I hate auto lock feature. But, my wife's '21 Enclave has it and without it my wife leaves her car unlocked all of the time. She cannot seem to ever remember to lock it, so, it's been really handy like that.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Cars with the "enhanced security package" do lock the center console storage compartment after a short period away. I know this is standard on all convertible models and is available for coupes as an option, but this will not automatically lock your doors after some time away. You will need to remember to lock your doors.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Step dad had a car that when the fob got close to the car it unlocked. when you walked away it locked.

i think thats a solid way to go with this tech.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
sorry to hear OP. Based on this I have a question. If you lock your car with Fordpass what is the range? Also would your car need to be connected to the nearest WIFI to work for long range? Not sure if I trust the app, wish it let you know if car is locked or not.

I found this
1683142716330.png

what signal are they speaking of? Does the car connect to a cell tower or does it have to connect directly to wifi?

so maybe not for Mach 1s? I looked at my sticker and it shows "4G LTE WI-FI Hotspot removal" LOL WTH

1683143138064.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wantedx9

Wantedx9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Grabber Blue
auto lock? The door can be locked from the button inside, the handle, the fob and even your phone with the Fordpass app..how many more ways do you need to lock your car?
How about one where maybe get distracted and forget? Congrats on being the perfect human being
Sponsored