OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
Anyone else having dramas with the 7G site today?
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Went in first thing this morning to discuss pricing and have my S550 valued.

Price for a V8 Fastback with the 10-speed, Race Red, MagneRide and Shadow Black Package came out to $97,080 on the road.

First valuation on my 10,000km 2017 S550 was $42,000. :frown: Apparently they are waiting for two others before giving me a firm price. My argument is that the car is basically brand new, with no outlay on their end to simply park it in the showroom and put a for sale sign on it.

I need either price to go up or down for the change over to sit right for me. I wasn't expecting a fortune for my old car, but $42,000 is pretty disappointing......................... I've probably spent that much on detailing products maintaining the thing. :facepalm:

I really, really don't want to sell this car privately, I just don't have the time, patience or tolerance to do so. If anyone wants to buy this car from me mid next year, you know where to find me, otherwise I'll just have to suck it up and trade it in.

Had the retail prices for S650 landed in the $80,000 to $85,000 range, then I would take the $42,000 and be done with it. Sadly, Ford went for the jugular and suddenly a humble Mustang GT is a near $100K proposition.

I have to say, having not bought a car since 2017, the value equation is way different to what it used to be. I paid $59,000 for my S550, the same amount on my supercharged FGX XR8 in 2014. So, in effect, I'm paying nearly $38,000 more for a similar car in 2023. Naturally, this is not especially unique to Mustang's, rather the whole industry in Australia.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe

Price for a V8 Fastback with the 10-speed, Race Red, MagneRide and Shadow Black Package came out to $97,080 on the road.

First valuation on my 10,000km 2017 S550 was $42,000. :frown: Apparently they are waiting for two others before giving me a firm price. My argument is that the car is basically brand new, with no outlay on their end to simply park it in the showroom and put a for sale sign on it.

I need either price to go up or down for the change over to sit right for me. I wasn't expecting a fortune for my old car, but $42,000 is pretty disappointing......................... I've probably spent that much on detailing products maintaining the thing. :facepalm:

I really, really don't want to sell this car privately, I just don't have the time, patience or tolerance to do so. If anyone wants to buy this car from me mid next year, you know where to find me, otherwise I'll just have to suck it up and trade it in.

Had the retail prices for S650 landed in the $80,000 to $85,000 range, then I would take the $42,000 and be done with it. Sadly, Ford went for the jugular and suddenly a humble Mustang GT is a near $100K proposition.

I have to say, having not bought a car since 2017, the value equation is way different to what it used to be. I paid $59,000 for my S550, the same amount on my supercharged FGX XR8 in 2014. So, in effect, I'm paying nearly $38,000 more for a similar car in 2023. Naturally, this is not especially unique to Mustang's, rather the whole industry in Australia.
Hang on to it D. Don't let that dealer steal it from you for 42 then make 10k profit on it. I'm sure that someone on here would love to take it off your hands when you are ready to sell.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana

How many Km on your car , i might know someone interested and given your OCD we know your car will be prime choice . I cant see any issues getting market value + for your car . The cheapest manual '17 on carsales is $40k with 120k km

Edit
Ah sorry i didn't notice you stated k's , 10,000 with your standard of maintainence you should be $50k plus easy

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q...e(..20000)._.Year.range(2017..).)&sort=~Price

Last edited:

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto

I got $44,000 for my 2016 with 90,000km a year ago. That was on the Carsales instant offer.

I know prices have dropped but with your low kms you should do better than that.

Mind you I'm hoping that prices will be dragged back up a bit now that the prices of the 2024 model are out. Well at least in time for when I'm selling my 2022 when my new one arrives around Feb/March.

Sponsored

OP
OP
50ALM

50ALM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
... Well at least in time for when I'm selling my 2022 when my new one arrives around Feb/March.
With AU RHD production now scheduled for January, I think you mean April/May delivery.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
How many Km on your car , i might know someone interested and given your OCD we know your car will be prime choice . I cant see any issues getting market value + for your car . The cheapest manual '17 on carsales is $40k with 120k km

Edit
Ah sorry i didn't notice you stated k's , 10,000 with your standard of maintainence you should be $50k plus easy

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.Service.carsales._.(C.Make.Ford._.(C.Model.Mustang._.(And.Badge.GT._.Series.FM.)))_.GenericGearType.Manual._.Odometer.range(..20000)._.Year.range(2017..).)&sort=~Price
As you discovered, just over 10,000 km, serviced yearly regardless of km's. It's a 2016 build, 2017 compliance plate, manual box.

It won't be sold with the HP Performance wheels, the standard gloss black PP1 wheels will go back on prior to sale, they were polished before being put into storage. I'll also be keeping the blue coil cover trims. If the buyer wants the crappy OEM cat-back exhaust, they can have that too.

I plan on doing a pre-sale polish/detail regardless of where it ends up going, just my way of saying goodby to a car that has been such a positive influence on my life. I dearly want to hold onto the car, I think it's the best-looking Mustang since the originals, but I just can't afford to do that.

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe

Edit

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/?q=(And.Service.carsales._.(C.Make.Ford._.(C.Model.Mustang._.(And.Badge.GT._.Series.FM.)))_.GenericGearType.Manual._.Odometer.range(..20000)._.Year.range(2017..).)&sort=~Price
I agree. Gotta be a 50k+ car given it's been treated better than probably any Mustang in Australia!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I agree. Gotta be a 50k+ car given it's been treated better than probably any Mustang in Australia!
Thank you for the kind words.

I never approach car care from a resale value proposition, it's just how I do things.

If I buy something, I look after it. That applies to nearly everything I buy, shoes, phones, tools, gardening equipment.............................the end result is you have nice things looking nice for a long time. I've also worked bloody hard to pay for those nice things, so buying a new car is not a flippant purchase, I know what I've had to go through to get to that point.

GT450

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT mustang manual
Now there is a classic Irony - can you read ?

This is exactly what stupid and ignorant people do - they attack the credibility of the person (ad-hominem) , because they are intellectually incapable of addressing the issue or rational argument.

There is no accounting for lack of IQ and (proper) education
Awaiting your response, as we haven't heard from you for a long time. So much for a hardened finance guy that us ignorant peasants got it right. If you are true to your word you will have cancelled some time ago.
Sponsored