Mustang gt

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
HELP!
Have decided on an axle back system for my GT auto.
I've narrowed it down to either the JBA's sold through Mustang Motorsport or Magnaflow Competition series.
Am I correct in saying the Magnaflows will be louder and with more drone? Although more expensive, I am swaying towards the Magnaflows but the drone may be a deal breaker.
Would those of you that have either system please care to provide feedback?
Just go ahead and pull the trigger on the MF Comp AB. I promise you won't regret it.
Drone IS a possibility on an auto, no denying that. The manual suffers form it too at first, give it time to coke up, you'll be stoked.

Other benefits:
Comes with a LOT more pipework than most other AB's (easier to custom build a cutback from it later on if you decide to go that way).
Is 3" straight out of the box with a smaller section on the end where it adapts to your factory system.
Deepest sounding that I could find, most similar to the sound were familiar with.
EVERYBODY loves it, except those who like rasp.

I've customised mine into a 3" catback now, fitted an H pipe and a couple of glasspacks along with LT headers.
Video shows idle post mods. Check the picture below, listen to it in your mustang at that volume level, that's about where it's at. It'll be slightly quieter as an AB only, but the depth is still there. The iPhone speaker can't cope with it :headbang:

IMG_1473.jpg

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
HELP!
I've narrowed it down to either the JBA's sold through Mustang Motorsport or Magnaflow Competition series.
Am I correct in saying the Magnaflows will be louder and with more drone? Although more expensive, I am swaying towards the Magnaflows but the drone may be a deal breaker.
Would those of you that have either system please care to provide feedback?
Hi Alzy

Seeing you are in Melb not sure if we have met. Happy if you would like to call in and hear the Borla S Type on our car. I have the full Borla range in stock both Cat Back systems and Axle Backs. Guaranteed NO Drone. Borla are the Performance Exhaust of choice for Ford Performance, GM, Chrysler etc. Located in Moorabbin. Give me a call on 03 9553 6915. Cheers Fred
suspensionpartsonline.com.au
2015-ford-mustang-landing.jpg

Last edited:

Egghead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Just go ahead and pull the trigger on the MF Comp AB. I promise you won't regret it.
Drone IS a possibility on an auto, no denying that. The manual suffers form it too at first, give it time to coke up, you'll be stoked.

Other benefits:
Comes with a LOT more pipework than most other AB's (easier to custom build a cutback from it later on if you decide to go that way).
Is 3" straight out of the box with a smaller section on the end where it adapts to your factory system.
Deepest sounding that I could find, most similar to the sound were familiar with.
EVERYBODY loves it, except those who like rasp.

I've customised mine into a 3" catback now, fitted an H pipe and a couple of glasspacks along with LT headers.
Video shows idle post mods. Check the picture below, listen to it in your mustang at that volume level, that's about where it's at. It'll be slightly quieter as an AB only, but the depth is still there. The iPhone speaker can't cope with it :headbang:

About a girl nirvana ! That comes up all the time ! Anyway sounds great !?

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
About a girl nirvana ! That comes up all the time ! Anyway sounds great !?
Yeah, I'm totally over the first 5 seconds of that song. I'm sure everyone has that first song on playlist they're over? New thread?
Cheers mate. When I first picked it up after having the custom section built I was kinda "OMFG, THIS IS TOO MUCH!" but, after a little time to coke it all up, its lost all the bits I hated and kept all the bits I love. :thumbsup:
Beware of any exhaust vid that's been made 3 seconds after fitment.:ninja:

Sponsored

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
HELP!
In my opinion the drone issue on the MF Comp is BS. What I would say is that if its your daily driver, then it may be too deep and too loud. Mine isn't a daily and I wouldn't swap it for anything, its the best sounding exhaust IMO, but everyone thinks they have the best exhaust on their Mustang so take from that what you will. ABs might not be as extreme as the CB but I dont know. Also Auto might make a difference, I actually think the exhaust note from Autos in general is a bit droney.

The street series might suit better if its a daily.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
In my opinion the drone issue on the MF Comp is BS. What I would say is that if its your daily driver, then it may be too deep and too loud. Mine isn't a daily and I wouldn't swap it for anything, its the best sounding exhaust IMO, but everyone thinks they have the best exhaust on their Mustang so take from that what you will. ABs might not be as extreme as the CB but I dont know.

The street series might suit better if its a daily.
AB certainly shouldn't be in the same league as CB in terms of drone or volume. For sure. Guaranteed. :cheers:

Nickosek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 - Race red - GT5.0 - Auto (AUS)
Anyone here in Sydney with their GT fitted with the Borla S-type catback system ... really interested in it, but would really like to hear it before buying.
Cheers

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Anyone here in Sydney with their GT fitted with the Borla S-type catback system ... really interested in it, but would really like to hear it before buying.
Cheers
Hi Nick not sure if you received my message yesterday. Cheers Fred 03 9553 6915

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Cheers
Got S-Type AB with an Xpipe which shouldn't be too far off the catback sound...
Then again, Phil reckons mine was the loudest stock exhaust he'd heard, so there could be something funky going on with mine too :)

That aside, I'm in Sydney.
It does sound a lot like this...

Last edited:

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
same

Cheers
Hi nickosek,

same here with and without x-pipe/ resonator

Daffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 5.0L manual GT fastback.
Installed a Mishimoto H-Pipe and Mishimoto axle-back today. Beautiful quality with proper brackets and welding. Posatge $30 - this shits over the cost of postage from the USA. Simple to install if you put it on the hoist and get someone to help hold things.
The sound is incredible. Has a bit of drone up to about 70km/hr then on the open road and low revs it is magnificent. It is deep and throbby if that's what you want. VALUE FOR MONEY INDEED.

Mustwait GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT 6M TY
Cheers
Hey Nick, yep I've got the s-type cat back and think it's absolutely perfect. Happy to meet and let you hear it in person if you'd like. Just let me know.
Sponsored