Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
Borla S Type Catback

I have had the Borla S Type on for about a week now and it really is an amazing upgrade to the stock system. Sound is really deep and loud, especially when you give it a bit of gas :headbang:

I really liked the tone of the stock system and at first I thought I would stick with it, but thankfully I came to my senses and the sound now is amazing.

I was a little concerned when I bought the S type that it would be too raspy for me, but to date the only sound I get is a really deep and aggressive tone :thumbsup:

Big thanks to Fred for his help and advice.

I have a couple of short sound clip vids, but cant seem to post at the moment - seems files are too big, might have to ask my boys for a little assistance :headbonk:
Borla pic1_1403.jpg
Borla pic3.IMG_1405.jpg
Sponsored

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Upload them on youtube and share the link :)

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
EU or US version?
Mine gets noisy straight away - like 1600 revs :)

Sponsored

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
EU or US version?
I think its the US version, packaging below if that helps. Noisy is 'subjective' :D, I prefer to call it a deep note. It does go quite when it stops shifting, no drone.
Borla2 (2).JPG

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
EU or US version?
Firstly all of the Borla exhaust systems are made in the USA.

The EU version of the Touring system is slightly quieter than the US Touring system.

Just to clear up the confusion out there the S Type and the ATAK are NOT produced as an EU system.

So it goes in noise level starting with EU Touring, Touring, 'S' Type and ATAK.

Any questions please call me on 03 9553 6915 Fred or email [email protected]

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Firstly all of the Borla exhaust systems are made in the USA.

The EU version of the Touring system is slightly quieter than the US Touring system.

Just to clear up the confusion out there the S Type and the ATAK are NOT produced as an EU system.

So it goes in noise level starting with EU Touring, Touring, 'S' Type and ATAK.

Any questions please call me on 03 9553 6915 Fred or email [email protected]
Thanks Fred, appreciate the clarification!

I think its the US version, packaging below if that helps. Noisy is 'subjective' :D, I prefer to call it a deep note. It does go quite when it stops shifting, no drone.
I reckon its louder as soon as it "switches on" (even down at 1600 revs) as just about any revs on the stock exhaust ;)

But yes, as soon as you're off the gas it quietens down, even if sometimes on the auto I need to shift up a gear to switch off a bit of burble.

Still, [MENTION=19543]msweet[/MENTION] reminded me of just how loud the Xtreme is - hurts ears at the top end... the S-Type never gets like that.

Myke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Does anyone have a recommendation of a shop in the Illawarra that installed their muffler on their GT?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
Does anyone have a recommendation of a shop in the Illawarra that installed their muffler on their GT?
Hi Myke,

If you don't mind a bit of a drive I can highly recommend Autotech in the ACT. They did all my work, they are the recommended shop in your area for Motorsport Mustang. I believe they do a weld as well as the U Bolts the kits come with. They really know there stuff and you get a nice drive home afterwards to fully enjoy the new pipes!

Liber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT - 1971 XY GT
Still waiting on my tips to arrive from the US before I can throw my magnaflow's on. Tips left Brisbane almost a week ago and still not here...

Tracking ETA states absolute latest delivery was to be by Friday 9 December. They must be on the AusPost camel up the centre. Have changed my booking to Friday now for install, fingers crossed they get here.
Sponsored