Sponsored

Aussie Exhausts

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
It might allow a little extra air in but the effect will be negligible. Really you just can't leave the hole open to suck unfiltered air into the engine. Obvious choice is to blank it off but adding a little filter like this will also achieve the same result ie stop it from ingesting dirt.
Actually, apart from sucking unfiltered air, there is a more serious issue....Unmetered air. An air leak after the MAF can potentiallty lean out the engine. Luckily there's less chance on these due to wide band EGO's however Load calculations are also effected.

rayan1910

Mustangs Of Melbourne
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Actually, apart from sucking unfiltered air, there is a more serious issue....Unmetered air. An air leak after the MAF can potentiallty lean out the engine. Luckily there's less chance on these due to wide band EGO's however Load calculations are also effected.
Yes, didn't realise the MAF was before where the sound tube connects. Don't have my car yet. Solid cap is the better option IMO.

Reactions: PKs

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, didn't realise the MAF was before where the sound tube connects. Don't have my car yet. Solid cap is the better option IMO.
Yes the MAF is right after the airbox. They won't put other tubes before it because it will create turbulence that can stuff up the readings.

Sponsored

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone had any problems with EAP and loud exhausts? It seems like even mild systems raise the volume to be close to or over the limit so I was wondering if this is a theoretical problem or a real one.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Has anyone had any problems with EAP and loud exhausts? It seems like even mild systems raise the volume to be close to or over the limit so I was wondering if this is a theoretical problem or a real one.
Nope, been daily driving the Corsa Xtreme for 5 months. If you don't drive like a dick all the time it's fine, you can keep it reasonable at low revs. Having said that, I built myself a couple of DIY mufflers to drop the volume on cold start, so I don't piss off my new neighbours.

mwizz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mustang 390 Fastback
hows the sound? I've been planning on this system as the others are too raspy for me
Sounds great. It has a nice growl when you give it a few revs but not over the top. Sounds good when you start it and it gives a nice note at idle just a little louder than stock.

PG68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Fastback 6speed
After much procrastination thinking about S type Borla axle backs and then putting the order on hold, today I ordered and paid Fred from Vogtland for a Borla full touring cat back system.

Got a great deal and great advice, recommend him for anyone considering a Borla system.

Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
After much procrastination thinking about S type Borla axle backs and then putting the order on hold, today I ordered and paid Fred from Vogtland for a Borla full touring cat back system.

Got a great deal and great advice, recommend him for anyone considering a Borla system.
What sort of price landed in oz?

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT

I can second that. I spoke to Fred a few weeks ago about the Borla Atak cat back and then thought about it for a bit, rang him back and had another chat about it, thought some more about it before getting lucky enough to sit passenger in an S550 with the Atak fitted and that confirmed it for me. I ordered it from him straight away, the next day I had a pic of the box on its way to me. He was so helpful with all my questions and always happy to help, I couldn't recommend him.highly enough.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Rear Suspension Camber Adjustment

I know it is not Exhaust related but thought it may help some of you who have lowered or are lowering your Mustangs.

Having had a number of questions relating to rear camber adjustment after lowering here is a pic of where the camber adjust is.

It is somewhat hidden and sooo many suspension shops are not even aware it exists.

Please call me if you have any questions 03 9553 6915 suspensionpartsonline.com.au home to Vogtland Springs Australia and Borla Exhaust. Cheers Fred
rear-camber.jpg

PPL374

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Due April 2017)
Another +1 to vouch for Fred. He has been awesome to deal with, very helpful and the service was amazing, from ordering to getting a phonecall from him to update me on the tracking shows he cares about his customers.
Had a few really good conversations with him also.
Can't wait for my car to arrive now so i can finally fit the ATAK.