Aussie Exhausts

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Should have uploaded these last month. A bit of work for the shop to get the Mishimoto downpipe (no RHD Cobb option) to met up with the Cobb exhaust but I'm really happy with the meaner tone and the overall livability of the total system.
20181205_Andrew Alchin 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 09.jpg
20181205_Andrew Alchin 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 014.jpg
20181205_Andrew Alchin 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 015.jpg
20181205_Andrew Alchin 2017 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 016.jpg
Sponsored

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
My new Borla X pipe arrived today. Install booked for next Wednesday. Still no youtubes or reviews around so it is a bit of an experiment. Hope I didn't waste my money.
Borla X Pipe 2.jpg
Borla X Pipe 1.jpg
I'm keen to see what it does for you.

Reactions: PKs

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback

Mustang madness2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
MY19, MUSTANG GT. AUTO, RUBY RED.
Hi Peter do you think it's louder than stock or fairly similar even though it sounds deepr?.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
A bit louder Troy. Each mode on the active equals approximately the next one up on the OEM setup.

Sponsored

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Porsche 987 Spyder
Hi Peter just had a listen to the nice videos you posted re the New Borla X Crossover Pipe. Glad you are enjoying it. Just a little footnote for you. I had dinner with David Borla in Vegas last year just when they released the new style X-Pipe and he made mention that on the dyno their car after installing the pipe saw gains of around 20hp over the standard factory resonator. Here in Melb we have had a similar result after having had a car on the dyno before and after. Enjoy the new found sound. For any Mustang6G.com members in Australia who are after the same X Pipe we have another container of Borla products arriving in a few weeks and we can give you a super good price if you mention this post. Call us on 03 9553 6915 or visit www.americanspeed.com.au

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Someone should rename this conversation “yank exhausts” rofl
Maybe.....but with the demise of DPE where else do we go? For what its worth my American Exhaust - AWE is a remarkable piece of engineering, delivers great sound/volume and no drone. I think even Harrop have now moved to a third party exhaust supplier. It's the real dilemma for Mustang owners who want to enhance their car with Australian only products. It is very challenging to do.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Maybe.....but with the demise of DPE where else do we go? For what its worth my American Exhaust - AWE is a remarkable piece of engineering, delivers great sound/volume and no drone. I think even Harrop have now moved to a third party exhaust supplier. It's the real dilemma for Mustang owners who want to enhance their car with Australian only products. It is very challenging to do.
Bagration I have been in the performance industry here in Australia for over four decades and have seen the rise and fall of our Australian manufacturing industry. The aftermarket industry here in many ways has itself to blame as company's like HM Headers etc grew and then decided its cheaper to go offshore to places like China. You then have the advent of X Force who claim to be Australian. They are in fact Chinese owned and manufacture in China. I have looked at manufacturing here, however in using a top grade US 304SS (not the cheap so called Chinese 304SS) it is near impossible to find pipe benders capable of producing mandrel bends in the sizes required. Years ago I used a spring manufacturer in Sydney that used to make Performance Valve Springs for me, they also made them and exported them to the USA for Comp Cams, Crane etc in those days, they are now gone because of the car industry shutting down. My choice for top quality components such as Headers being ARH and KOOKS and Borla Exhausts is the USA and only from established company's who are still family owned as they stand behind their product and their reputation. Yes Harrop do not make their own exhausts. They were using HM for many years as Ron Harrop was part of the original HM (Head Mod) group. I grew up in the 60s about 200 meters from the original HM workshop in Doncaster here in Melb.

Sponsored

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
Very sad news that DPE have closed. Tried to buy some of their headers to go with my catback but missed the cut-off date by a couple of days.

Vogtland Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanspeed.com.au
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Very sad news that DPE have closed. Tried to buy some of their headers to go with my catback but missed the cut-off date by a couple of days.
B
For which car?

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hi Peter just had a listen to the nice videos you posted re the New Borla X Crossover Pipe. Glad you are enjoying it. Just a little footnote for you. I had dinner with David Borla in Vegas last year just when they released the new style X-Pipe and he made mention that on the dyno their car after installing the pipe saw gains of around 20hp over the standard factory resonator. Here in Melb we have had a similar result after having had a car on the dyno before and after. Enjoy the new found sound. For any Mustang6G.com members in Australia who are after the same X Pipe we have another container of Borla products arriving in a few weeks and we can give you a super good price if you mention this post. Call us on 03 9553 6915 or visit www.americanspeed.com.au
Thanks Fred. That HP increase sounds like a good added bonus to the new sound, not that I have noticed it. I plan on making a couple of drive by sound clips this weekend if I can find a deserted area nearby as well as a quite mode start up for an interested US forum member.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
Bagration I have been in the performance industry here in Australia for over four decades and have seen the rise and fall of our Australian manufacturing industry. The aftermarket industry here in many ways has itself to blame as company's like HM Headers etc grew and then decided its cheaper to go offshore to places like China. You then have the advent of X Force who claim to be Australian. They are in fact Chinese owned and manufacture in China. I have looked at manufacturing here, however in using a top grade US 304SS (not the cheap so called Chinese 304SS) it is near impossible to find pipe benders capable of producing mandrel bends in the sizes required. Years ago I used a spring manufacturer in Sydney that used to make Performance Valve Springs for me, they also made them and exported them to the USA for Comp Cams, Crane etc in those days, they are now gone because of the car industry shutting down. My choice for top quality components such as Headers being ARH and KOOKS and Borla Exhausts is the USA and only from established company's who are still family owned as they stand behind their product and their reputation. Yes Harrop do not make their own exhausts. They were using HM for many years as Ron Harrop was part of the original HM (Head Mod) group. I grew up in the 60s about 200 meters from the original HM workshop in Doncaster here in Melb.
All of the above is why I come to you for the components that are bolted to my mustang (Coilover kit, cold air inlet and bars). That and the awesome service. And I tend to think that we are actually in agreement.