Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Hi everyone....
Found this forum the other day which has been a great read and made me contact my ford dealer to find out more...
I ordered my GT on the 11th of March and was told then I should have it just before Christmas, A month later I went back to find out more and later that day she rang me back and said after complaining to ford Australia about leaving the customer's in the dark they said they will change a order to mine (don't know how true this is but went with it) and it will have a delivery date of 20th of October. So I haven't done anything since then until I found this forum. Which I went to the dealer yesterday and ask for a printout of the order.
I received it last night and I have a Segmentation Date : 19-Aug-2022 and a ETA : 12-Nov-2022 and a Vin number which I'm still very happy about.....

I've Ordered a GT Manual, Mischievous Purple, Blacked out Badging
Congrats on your new Mustang purchase and Joining the Forum! You may not realise it, but your Mischievous Purple is going to be super RARE - as it was only introduced as a Late / Delayed Release MY22, and has already been Discontinued on the MY23. So it will only be in production for a couple of months.

H3Y0U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Placed my order back in May 21 on a auto yellow GT. Original ETA was Feb 22. Few months later dealer told me mine one will be getting build in March 22 so the ETA changed to June 22. Also, no more yellow and it is more expensive. Finally I pick up my car in late July in the Eruption Green.

trumpeteer_au

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rapid Red GT Auto
Found the old photo of the Parsifal coming through the Panama Canal in 2016.

162242.jpg

Wow we were desperate for any information in those days.

Not quite so obsessive this time, with a Mustang to drive while I wait.
Does anyone know from recent shipments if Ford are still using the same shipping company?

Getting so little information on tracking I am interested to see what ships they have leaving around now.

OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Does anyone know from recent shipments if Ford are still using the same shipping company?

Getting so little information on tracking I am interested to see what ships they have leaving around now.
Mine is currently sitting off Brisbane on Thermopylae. Nearly here :)

Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Placed my order back in May 21 on a auto yellow GT. Original ETA was Feb 22. Few months later dealer told me mine one will be getting build in March 22 so the ETA changed to June 22. Also, no more yellow and it is more expensive. Finally I pick up my car in late July in the Eruption Green.
A real bummer, however at least you will have an incredibly rare colour, as it was new for MY22 and delayed, and now already discontinued for the MY23 from Nov22.

Mailman80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet..... waiting for it
Hey guys just wondering how long it took to received info from ford that it’s being built… my segmentation date is the 19/8/22 and just wondering when people received info and what did they receive… did they get told it’s on the production line or that it’s getting shipped… sorry if I’m repeating something that’s already been asked but I’m just getting excited and just want to know what’s going on with it…

Sponsored
OP
OP
StigyAus

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The first and only contact I received from Ford was an email saying my car was on a ship. This came two months after the segmentation date.

Mailman80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks… I guess I will just sit back and wait then…

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Ok thanks… I guess I will just sit back and wait then…
My segmentation date is 7/09/22. Shortly before segmentation, the car will be issued the VIN. Once you have your VIN (you can get this from your dealer once its issued) , there are means (websites like https://www.whereismymme.com/#) to track where the car is in the process. Later once on the ship, you can also track the ship its on etc. I'm relying on that type of tracking, not Ford's emails. From what I've heard the emails are almost always late and delayed.

Last edited:

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bfets
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
Hey guys just wondering how long it took to received info from ford that it’s being built… my segmentation date is the 19/8/22 and just wondering when people received info and what did they receive… did they get told it’s on the production line or that it’s getting shipped… sorry if I’m repeating something that’s already been asked but I’m just getting excited and just want to know what’s going on with it…

Your segmentation date is only about three weeks prior to mine. Who knows, our cars might end up on the same boat to Australia. What spec car did you order?

Mine is a Atlas Blue GT, 10 speed auto and Magneride.

Mailman80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Your segmentation date is only about three weeks prior to mine. Who knows, our cars might end up on the same boat to Australia. What spec car did you order?

Mine is a Atlas Blue GT, 10 speed auto and Magneride.
Yer they could... hopefully mine is still on course.... i checked it on the link above and it says this hopefully its nothing
car.jpg

I've Ordered a GT Manual, Mischievous Purple, Blacked out Badging, Spoiler - Fastback - Performance Rear Wing and of course little extras like car cover, Luggage Compartment Mat,
Mats - All Weather Floor, Mats - Carpet - Ford Performance
Sponsored