OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that's Nvrsatisfied, at first he was dismissive and with each month he's become increasingly hateful and vitriolic, all the while claiming he doesn't care how much the mustang sells.

Camaro5/6 likes to go on about thePill, but they have had genuinely abusive and hateful people that are orders of magnitude worse. I thought LOWDOWN was bad, Nvrsatisfied is way worse.
At least LOWDOWN was knowledgeable. That guy is just a buffoon!
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
OK, 8,299 Mustang sales in August not counting overseas sales, so how many by engine type? GTs ?, Ecoboost ?, and V-6 ? In the US? Also, does anyone know how many sold to rental car companies?

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK, 8,299 Mustang sales in August not counting overseas sales, so how many by engine type? GTs ?, Ecoboost ?, and V-6 ? In the US? Also, does anyone know how many sold to rental car companies?
No breakdowns by trim level. As far as fleet sales, there is no breakdown on that either, so even if Ford's percent of sales to fleet is 20%, that does not mean 20% of Mustang sales are fleet. Ford sells far more trucks and vans to fleet than Mustangs. The fleet argument is just something the GM boys and girls dwell on to make themselves feel better about how miserable Camaro sales are these days.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
The only numbers I can shed additional light on are sales in Canada

Brand / August / 2016YTD / % of YTD Sales
Mustang / 692 / 6297 / 58%
Camaro / 234 / 2014 / 19%
Challenger / 225 / 2566/ 24%

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I don't dislike the Camaro. It's quite fast and doesn't look that terrible. However the Mustang is also quite fast but looks so much better. Additionally the Camaro is cramped and too expensive, while the Mustang is comparitively spacious and reasonably priced. The one thing the Camaro has going for it is stock performance, which the Mustang can close the gap on with minimal investment. In every other category the Camaro falls short, imo.
Still hard to believe they decided not to improve visibility when that was the #1 complaint of G5 other then interior material quality.

Sponsored

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Still hard to believe they decided not to improve visibility when that was the #1 complaint of G5 other then interior material quality.
Wasn't just the material quality, it was the general interior design/layout. Gen6 improved on materials, but the interior layout is still less than stellar and an ergonomic mess, IMO.

Camaro is the better performing car in factory stock V8 trim while the Mustang is just a more likeable car all around. Sales reflects this.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Visibility, on a flat plane, across the front did improve (thanks thinner a-pillar!) the lower dash helpd too.

However the rear and rear 1/4 visiblity became noticibly worse..despite what any Camaro fan says.

I'm 6'2 and about 250lbs..broad shoulders...and the Camaro simply isn't comfortable for me. The Mustang is, and the Challenger even more so..but I'm a big guy.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
I agree with your list except for #4 (don't think that's a really big deal),
It's a huge issue.

Shortly after it's release I would read article after article after article on the net about it. When you went to the comments section (the buying public) of said articles the majority of responses were it looked the same and that they didn't do enough to change the looks. #1 response repeatedly.

The reason it's sales are in the toilet is because...

1.) Looks to close to last gen
2.) Visibility which can be tied to #1 from above
3.) Price
4.) Competition

The Mustang is an incredible car. It looks fantastic, completely different then the last generation and it's a way better all around car that cost less.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Wasn't just the material quality, it was the general interior design/layout. Gen6 improved on materials, but the interior layout is still less than stellar and an ergonomic mess, IMO.

Camaro is the better performing car in factory stock V8 trim while the Mustang is just a more likeable car all around. Sales reflects this.
The location of the "flight instruments" are all messed up. On my cousin's Camaro, they are located in front of the shifter...WTF is that?

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The location of the "flight instruments" are all messed up. On my cousin's Camaro, they are located in front of the shifter...WTF is that?
I used to give the 5thGen guys crap with this comparison:
image.jpeg

Sponsored

Zymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Cross-shopped the Mustang and Camaro (amongst other cars of different brands). What killed the Camaro was the really poor visibility. The looks of the car is ok, but the Mustang is SEXY! The availability was also a factor.

Stock performance is really not a factor. The aftermarket is open for everyone.

Last edited:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
A lot of cars in the 60's had them there. The location of the aux gauge quad pack on the 5th gen harkens back to the gauges on the 67-69's. They're meant for quick glances, not prolonged gazing.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I read the camaro6 sales thread. Depressing!:(Even the hardcore are starting to crack.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
No breakdowns by trim level. As far as fleet sales, there is no breakdown on that either, so even if Ford's percent of sales to fleet is 20%, that does not mean 20% of Mustang sales are fleet. Ford sells far more trucks and vans to fleet than Mustangs. The fleet argument is just something the GM boys and girls dwell on to make themselves feel better about how miserable Camaro sales are these days.

Ford can't be selling very many Mustang to fleets. Rental companies don't replace there cars that often and most of the cars they replace and buy are family cars 4 doors not pony cars. I would bet if we could get the figures that there has been quite a few months Mustang saw NO fleet sales. The last part of your statement rings so very true.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Every normal production American car has fleet sales..Challenger, Mustang, Camaro..Corvette, every single one. Some more than others, obviously.

That being said, the Mustang maybe sells 100-300 every month to fleets, not thousands.

Ford's biggest fleet master is the F series, after that it's the Taurus and Fusion.
Sponsored