August 2016 Mustang Sales - 8,299

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Do the "stage 2" Ford Performance power pack and have a dealer install it if you're concerned with the warranty. +21HP and 24TQ peak and you get +40TQ at 1500 RPM.

That would put you at peak numbers of 456HP and 424TQ with an enormous increase in torque at the low end.
Strongly considering this myself, but not quite yet. Maybe next year.
Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
I don't dislike the Camaro. It's quite fast and doesn't look that terrible. However the Mustang is also quite fast but looks so much better. Additionally the Camaro is cramped and too expensive, while the Mustang is comparitively spacious and reasonably priced. The one thing the Camaro has going for it is stock performance, which the Mustang can close the gap on with minimal investment. In every other category the Camaro falls short, imo.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Love this post over on C6:

Morale is really headed down over there and there's no fbodfather to rally the troops by encouraging them to "keep the faith". Makes you wonder if Scott S. saw the writing on the wall regarding the 6thGen and got out while the getting was good!
Here's another post from C6 where an angry fanboy is equating Camaros to Charmin toilet paper. Warning! This post contains some real butt hurt language.

"I'll let you in on a little secret...Mustangs suck and I don't care how many people buy it each month.
Most people buy bargain brand toilet paper over Charmin, but I don't need a monthly thread to tell me which is selling better, I'll still buy what I feel is best. However, most people like you will buy the bargain brand because you are so full of shit, it would kill your wallet to buy the better product. Basically what it means is that you frequent a site to knock a car you really want, a car you can't afford, and your full of shit (also buys cheap toilet paper).
Take this back to Mustang6 and discuss it with the rest of your rental fleet friends."

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Yeah that's Nvrsatisfied, at first he was dismissive and with each month he's become increasingly hateful and vitriolic, all the while claiming he doesn't care how much the mustang sells.

Camaro5/6 likes to go on about thePill, but they have had genuinely abusive and hateful people that are orders of magnitude worse. I thought LOWDOWN was bad, Nvrsatisfied is way worse.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
People really take this Mustang VS Camaro thing too seriously. Popular opinion and sales favor the Mustang. However, I still like the Camaro, or at least the fact that it's still around. We are in a great age of muscle cars and I like any player that is truly American. Not knocking the imports, but I will say I'm glad the age of fart cans is almost over. I had one so I can talk. A little ribbing between Ford and Chevy is fine, just don't set to killing each other over it. Over the years I've had (give or take) 15 Mustangs, 7 Camaros and 10 or so Firebirds. Just happen to like the new Mustangs better. OK, a LOT better..

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Here's another post from C6 where an angry fanboy is equating Camaros to Charmin toilet paper. Warning! This post contains some real butt hurt language.

"I'll let you in on a little secret...Mustangs suck and I don't care how many people buy it each month.
Most people buy bargain brand toilet paper over Charmin, but I don't need a monthly thread to tell me which is selling better, I'll still buy what I feel is best. However, most people like you will buy the bargain brand because you are so full of shit, it would kill your wallet to buy the better product. Basically what it means is that you frequent a site to knock a car you really want, a car you can't afford, and your full of shit (also buys cheap toilet paper).
Take this back to Mustang6 and discuss it with the rest of your rental fleet friends."
Holy shit. That clown has some SERIOUS, SERIOUS mental issues. I am a diehard Ford guy, no doubt. I still give the admiration to GM/Dodge/whomever on what they are building. I have some really close GM friends, too. I sure as hell don't talk like this. The more I read his comment, the funnier it becomes:lol:

My wallet hasn't been killed because I bought a Mustang. I can afford a 100k+ car if I wanted but having other priorities with children and other investments and purchases, I bought what I loved (my car is constantly being drooled over no matter where I travel :D:ford:) and still have sunk over 11k in my car after buying it 21 months ago.

PS - I never want the Camaro to go away, EVER.

I need to go wander over to that site and check out his other comments.

I would love to meet a toolbag like that in person and chat with him about his issues.

Biggdogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
More of a lurker than anything myself. Mainly for information waiting for my 2017 350 which finally got a build week of September 26th. So just an observation from a lurker. Not an unbiased lurker mind you. Dont give a damn about the Camaro. Drove the new SS, nice enough car, but my dad got me into Mustangs and generally Ford as a kid before he died. Now all of my previous vehicles are not fords. While I do love Ford I am not a blind loyalist to anything. Now I have never been to the camaro website until these threads from last month and this month. The thing that has struck me so much, and honestly made me laugh, is that this board, and that board, are exact carbon copies of each other. Its to be expected really since each respective forum is dedicated to their own specific car, so naturally it will have a rabid fanbase depending on which forum you goto.

What gets me is that one each side thinks they are better than the other. I didnt see a circus of helmet wearing drooling morons when i ventured over there, same thing for here. Now yes there are some absolutely mind boggling mouth breathing morons over there. That nvrsatisfied guy takes the taco for that. But reality is, this site has his carbon copy. Actually it has a few of them. People that you just know people at both ford, and chevy read their stuff and shake their head thinking to themselves while cringing "sweet mother of god I hope they have a bad experience so they will move on to another company".

There also seems to be some level headed non insanely biased actual car enthusiasts there, same as here. Ive just never gotten the whole blind loyalty to the point of really looking like a complete ignorant fool part. Hell in all honesty Zanewayne in all his chevy loving radiating from him like nyan cat (??) brings more level headedness and quality posts to this site than a lot of people the site was more directed at, given it is not a car enthusiast site, but a Mustang enthusiast site. Anyways I have rambled enough, and dont know why I even decided to post. But after seeing so much insanity and cringe worthy posts, plus quite possibly a large amount of borderline delirium from working 18 hours on a trauma night i guess I needed a ramble. And I guess that ramble is summed up as this. This forum, and the camaro forum are the exact same. They are mirror images. There are the people who I honestly dont know how they survive day to day life without swallowing their tongue from stupidity. The Mustang or Camaro enthusiast who are very loyal, and just prefer their particular choice or brand, but still act like a non mouthbreathing civilized adult, and then the new people that the brand tries to reach who have never looked at that specific brand before who are usually true car enthusiasts. Both forums have those groups, and neither forum has better or worse people than the other. Both have good and bad and then so bad you hope that a rabid squirrel chews their fingers off so they can never post again. Im hoping ford and the mustang keeps the sales numbers up by attracting that non brand loyal people here, I just hope the others dont scare them off by making them think everyone is like that. If so I hope the rabid squirrel population starts reproducing at a remarkable pace.

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
I am not heavily into cars, but when I went to find what kind of fun car, I did what a smart consumer would do. I tried many.

My goal was a fun car for ~40k.

I went to a Chevy dealer and asked to test drive one. The guy straight said with a budget of 40k, you aren't getting a V8 in a car. The cheapest they had on the lot was 53k. I didn't even get to test drive one because of it.

After driving as 370z which was the other car I thought about (Which is a hell of a lot of fun by the way. If I can convince the wife to let me get another toy, it would be a 370z), I went to ford and put my deposit down on a 17' GTP with PP nearly fully loaded for 40k.

Straight to the point, the car is too expensive. Period. The Camaro can be faster, it can be lighter, but the fact is that they are too high in the market segment, and need to come down if their goal is to sell more.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Holy shit. That clown has some SERIOUS, SERIOUS mental issues. I am a diehard Ford guy, no doubt. I still give the admiration to GM/Dodge/whomever on what they are building. I have some really close GM friends, too. I sure as hell don't talk like this. The more I read his comment, the funnier it becomes:lol:

My wallet hasn't been killed because I bought a Mustang. I can afford a 100k+ car if I wanted but having other priorities with children and other investments and purchases, I bought what I loved (my car is constantly being drooled over no matter where I travel :D:ford:) and still have sunk over 11k in my car after buying it 21 months ago.

I would love to meet a toolbag like that in person and chat with him about his issues.
That is kinda funny.:D

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

If I felt like getting a loan, I could have bought whatever I wanted, also. I didn't want a loan, and so I stuck with whatever V8 I could snag new for under $30k.

But if butthurt Camaro guy wants to sink himself into an ocean of debt to use Charmin toilet paper instead of "rental fleet" generic sh*t tickets, that's on him.

I don't want the Camaro to go away either, just because the price on Mustangs is liable to go up (and quality down) if GM dumps the car.

Sponsored

Martman GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT Premium
So, I wonder where this leaves me. I buy Charmin, and I chose to buy the Mustang. If I had a huge problem with getting sweaty balls while driving my car, I probably would have gone with the Camaro and that wonderful AC vent placement.

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
I've been thinking. Why did the Camaro really fail to impress the market?

1. Instead of building a great Pony car, GM built a defective Corvette.
2. It costs too much. The Pony car sweet spot is clearly a few grand lower.
3. They have an upmarket brand already (Cadillac). The Camaro isn't an upmarket car.
4. It looks like the 5th gen car. Idiots can't tell the difference. And idiots do buy cars, unfortunately.
5. Visibility sucks. Yeah, we harp on this all the time, but it's a big deal. These 2+2 cars can be a pita to drive as it is. If you can't see on top of that...

So yeah, they have a faster car, and that counts for something, but not enough to outweigh the other problems.
I keep puzzling as well over the reasons for Camaro's decline. I agree with your list except for #4 (don't think that's a really big deal), but I would certainly add the space issue of the Alpha platform.

But there is another issue that I think few have mentioned.
Camaro just does not have any classic design DNA to work with other than power and performance.
Look at these original designs.
64 MUSTANG 3.jpg
64 MUSTANG 4.jpg

1965_00059_02.jpg

1967_Chevrolet_Camaro_Sport_Coupe.JPG
1967-camaro-rs-327-rear.jpg

From the beginning the Mustang said "Look at me, I am new and different, and exciting". Three years later Camaro DNA just says, "I have the same proportions and I'm stronger", but there was nothing else different and exciting. All of Chevy's different and exciting style genes belonged to the Corvette.

When Camaro tried to find a new DNA with the 4th gen they totally lost their way. After a long rest they went scrambling back to the same not so classy styling from the first gen for the 5th gen and were afraid to move on styling-wise for the 6th gen and they are getting burned because of it.

Camaro does not have a classy retro style to go back to. If they want to sell Camaros to other than their fan base, they have to invent a new design not connected to the original Camaro, the Transformer movie, or to the Mustang. That's a tough challenge. Maybe they should give up on the Pony Car and go after the Challenger with a midsize Muscle Car.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Holy shit. That clown has some SERIOUS, SERIOUS mental issues.

Yep

& Yep.

If there was no Camaro, the Mustang would likely have < 400 hp still. The Camaro vs. Mustang competition between GM & Ford is what is driving more bang for buck.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
I know in the past V6s were the volume sellers but does anyone know if the EB's are leading sales over the GT? I'm sure the V6 isn't even on radar and I rarely even see them.
Sponsored