Sponsored

August 2016 Mustang Sales - 8,299

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
No matter what all these camaro fanbois say year to date with Mustang being in it's second year and super car camaro in it's first year, 80829 buyers say the Mustang is the best to the camaros 47958 nearly 2to1. And whats even better the old man Challenger is closing in on camaro :ford:
Sponsored

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
No matter what all these camaro fanbois say year to date with Mustang being in it's second year and super car camaro in it's first year, 80829 buyers say the Mustang is the best to the camaros 47958 nearly 2to1. And whats even better the old man Challenger is closing in on camaro :ford:
They conveniently forget to mention that the YoY numbers are comparing the Mustang in its 2nd year to its monstrous 1st year. This should be the Camaro's monstrous 1st year. Who knows, maybe by next year this will have proven to be the big year for 6th Gen Camaro sales.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They conveniently forget to mention that the YoY numbers are comparing the Mustang in its 2nd year to its monstrous 1st year. This should be the Camaro's monstrous 1st year. Who knows, maybe by next year this will have proven to be the big year for 6th Gen Camaro sales.

Don't have YOY but YTD Mustang is only down 5940 units wile camaro is down 8340 units. Unless the bottom falls out sales the Mustang will sell over 100.000 again this year. And if your last statement is correct the 6 gen camaro will be the last. :thumbsup:

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I love my GT, but if I could snap my fingers and have the Camaro SS engine swapped in, I would.
Then you brought the wrong car, should have just buy the Camaro.
BTW if you don't mod your car then Camaro is the car to buy. For enthusiast that mods their car Coyote is the great engine.

ngiotta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT / 1970 Mach 1 (Twin Turbo Coyote)
I just test drove a 2017 GT and while I liked it, the dealer only had a blue one in that new lightning blue, which IMHO looks totally horrible in person. Luckily, he was able to find a brand new Deep Impact Blue 2016 that was on a lot down south. In a few days when it gets here, my '08 GT500 will go bye-bye and I'll officially be a member of the S550 club. Hooray! By the way, not really any incentives on the 2016's still. I guess they don't need much, since they're destroying the Camaro in sales.

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just test drove a 2017 GT and while I liked it, the dealer only had a blue one in that new lightning blue, which IMHO looks totally horrible in person. Luckily, he was able to find a brand new Deep Impact Blue 2016 that was on a lot down south. In a few days when it gets here, my '08 GT500 will go bye-bye and I'll officially be a member of the S550 club. Hooray! By the way, not really any incentives on the 2016's still. I guess they don't need much, since they're destroying the Camaro in sales.
Congrats welcome to the club. :ford:

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
guys the mustang is so popular in australia it is a 18 month wait. sales are about 600 a month and increasing
I love to hear this! Do wish you guys could get them sooner though.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I love to hear this! Do wish you guys could get them sooner though.
I agree if the Mustang isn't selling as many cars here in the U.S. lets keep production up and send them to Australia and Europe. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

white880

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shelby super snake 2017
guys also about the australian mustang. we get price gouged. it is about 51 thousand us dollars for a gt premium. there are no 5.0 gt to test drive and the car is essentially bought unseen. It is so popular ford is going to increase prices by 5000 and it still walks out the door. i have been waiting a year know and can buy a second hand one but they sell for between 10 to 20 thousand over the dealer price. you can check this on carsales.com.au.
i am spending another 100 grand and getting a shelby super snake 750 bhp package as the gt350 are not sold here. a supersnake can sell for 80 thousand over all costs from mustang and shelby here.
no discounts are offered by dealers and no cheap finance on these cars. ford could sell triple the amount here if we had stock

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Love this post over on C6:

Does anyone besides myself find it odd that this site doesn't get the frequent Cameo appearances from the Big dogs of the Camaro world (like right after a new variant is released) like they use to when sales were high and many (not just enthusiasts) were raving about the last Gen Camaro. They were on here often basking and soaking up the praises. It speaks volumes when you can't stand it when it starts to rain; every day isn't sunny. I bet a few others beside myself would like to hear some of their points of views but I'm sure they will give a "canned" statement or two and aren't able to speak honestly about the negative aspects of the new Camaro. They would often come on here talking about how much they wanted to beat the Mustang in all areas and yes that it's always about competition. Where are they now? I watched the Woodward Dream Cruise footage by Chevy it paled in comparison to the show Dodge put on for the Challenger/Charger with their 10 year old chassis and people still salivate over the car. What gives Team Chevy? Don't hide when things aren't going well, play both sides of that coin hard.
Morale is really headed down over there and there's no fbodfather to rally the troops by encouraging them to "keep the faith". Makes you wonder if Scott S. saw the writing on the wall regarding the 6thGen and got out while the getting was good!

Last edited:

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Then you brought the wrong car, should have just buy the Camaro.
BTW if you don't mod your car then Camaro is the car to buy. For enthusiast that mods their car Coyote is the great engine.
See there is more to a car than performance. Price, ergonomics, style, comfort, etc.

Its actually possible that the cars are better in different aspects.

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I've been thinking. Why did the Camaro really fail to impress the market?

1. Instead of building a great Pony car, GM built a defective Corvette.
2. It costs too much. The Pony car sweet spot is clearly a few grand lower.
3. They have an upmarket brand already (Cadillac). The Camaro isn't an upmarket car.
4. It looks like the 5th gen car. Idiots can't tell the difference. And idiots do buy cars, unfortunately.
5. Visibility sucks. Yeah, we harp on this all the time, but it's a big deal. These 2+2 cars can be a pita to drive as it is. If you can't see on top of that...

So yeah, they have a faster car, and that counts for something, but not enough to outweigh the other problems.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Same old problems:
MSRP is too high
Quality complaints are piling up and being ignored by GM (HVAC, paint, panel installs)
Incentives aren't as strong as you've conditioned your customers to
Chevrolet will never be "the new upgrade", accept it and move on
You don't advertise your priciest vehicles? Dafuq?

Same old fixes:
Give the damn car its' own national TV campaign. Try pre-movie theatre commercials if you're cheap. Magazines are DEAD.
Drop the "new upgrade" upmarket bullcrap and get humble with "Chevy is for you" marketing and pricing to relate back to the people that used to buy your vehicles.
Get rid of the f'ups on the assembly line. These errors are unforgivable on a vehicle that costs more than the median US salary.

You have 5 months of inventory sitting on lots getting stale. Are you planning on all your labor dropping dead but still needing to have cars to sell one day?

Someone over at c6g has some sense found this over there
Sponsored