Sponsored

AU Delivery Checklist

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
My car had 8.3 klms on it before it was pre-d'd and had 21 klms on it when I picked it up 2 weeks later. I know it had say 1/4 tank fuel before pre-d and it was full when supplied to me. Its about 5-6 ks between where they pre d the car and the showroom. Car was filled with fuel somewhere in this distance also or separately, as dealer gave me a full tank (probably usual these days for this gesture).
Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I contacted Ford Aus about the 58klm on delivery , Quote from Ford Aus .. "Your vehicle was most likely chosen at random by QC for road testing"

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Had a good look at the factory lock nuts toady.....wow they are ghastly. But will be happy to say that it did indeed come with the lock nuts and two keys. very happy with car overall. Had a small chip on the bonnet where id say some tool opened the bonnet with the window wiper up (at a guess) rear panel alignment on the boot lid but that I can live with. So fun to drive shame it raining though atm, touch wood tomorrow will be better.

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
Has anyone took the car for a spin as part of the delivery process?

Last edited:

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I believe it has been addessed.. HOWEVER, still check it!
Hi, great info here thanks.

Can anyone explain the wiring issue with GTs? Does anyone have a pic of the rectified (correct) way vs the incorrect way?

Thanks!

Sponsored

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Hi, great info here thanks.

Can anyone explain the wiring issue with GTs? Does anyone have a pic of the rectified (correct) way vs the incorrect way?

Thanks!
Sorry no pics but I went into the dealership the other day to check something while I'm waiting for mine and on the left side of the engine bay there was something silver that caught my eye upon closer inspection I believe it is the wiring loom and it is wrapped in an industrial silver foil to act as a heat shield. The loom is quite hefty probably as thick as a broom handle and sits about 10cm max from the exhaust manifold if I'm not mistaken.

Zepboy

5LitresOfDemocracy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Race Manual GT
Mine had 58km on it when it was delivered in June. Of course, they actually "delivered" it to me at work. Drove it from the dealer to my work for me......

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Sorry no pics but I went into the dealership the other day to check something while I'm waiting for mine and on the left side of the engine bay there was something silver that caught my eye upon closer inspection I believe it is the wiring loom and it is wrapped in an industrial silver foil to act as a heat shield. The loom is quite hefty probably as thick as a broom handle and sits about 10cm max from the exhaust manifold if I'm not mistaken.
Thanks Zee.

I have attached a photo of my GT in the area you described. Part of the wiring loom is wrapped in foil. If this is the area that has been outlined as a point of concern it would appear my car has either had the foil from factory - or was fixed at it's first 3k service. But is this consistent with other GTs?
IMG_3248.jpg

Zee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2003 WRX, 2013 Forester XT
Thanks Zee.

I have attached a photo of my GT in the area you described. Part of the wiring loom is wrapped in foil. If this is the area that has been outlined as a point of concern it would appear my car has either had the foil from factory - or was fixed at it's first 3k service. But is this consistent with other GTs?
Yeah that's it, however they put a lot more of the silver heat shield along mine as in it length ways, that looks like it should have a bit more either end. Even on mine where the loom kinda splits into a "T" section I will be getting some more to cover that part as it actually sits the closest to the exhaust manifold.

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Yeah that's it, however they put a lot more of the silver heat shield along mine as in it length ways, that looks like it should have a bit more either end. Even on mine where the loom kinda splits into a "T" section I will be getting some more to cover that part as it actually sits the closest to the exhaust manifold.
Thanks Zee. I might get Ford to look at it at the next service - and ask if they should put more heat shield foil along.

Sponsored

tze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tze
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Defects!

long time lurker, first time post :)

Frustrating to say - dealer calls me an hour before the scheduled pickup to inform me that they bumped the car while trying to park it into the show room!.
I insisted on going to see it anyways - long story short:
They chipped a tiny bit of the paint off the bumper - easy fix .
However, upon checking the car - found multiple paint defects all along the bumper, and boot lid.
Defects where it's scrappy, and parts where it's not smooth at all.

Dealer said it will be fixed up - however they needed to lodge a warranty claim to have it repainted - jsut worried that the panel beaters can't get the paint right -

Question - any chance of the colours being 'off'? ie - bumper vs the rest of the body?

Very frustrating as the car is such, and i can't pick it up as well. Plus due to the storms, all the panel beaters are busy with priority insurance claims!!

argh!

--end rant -- :headbonk:

pony1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Disappointing to hear that TZE! Similar story to my car 9 months ago. Not only must there be little quality control in the factory (still!) - but then the dealers are generally not checking the cars before delivery either! Anyhow, the new paint on my car is indistinguishable from the rest and apart from some other minor warranty items since the car is fantastic. It's worth persevering before you actually take delivery.

Reactions: tze

KS50GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Coupe
long time lurker, first time post :)

Frustrating to say - dealer calls me an hour before the scheduled pickup to inform me that they bumped the car while trying to park it into the show room!.
I insisted on going to see it anyways - long story short:
They chipped a tiny bit of the paint off the bumper - easy fix .
However, upon checking the car - found multiple paint defects all along the bumper, and boot lid.
Defects where it's scrappy, and parts where it's not smooth at all.

Dealer said it will be fixed up - however they needed to lodge a warranty claim to have it repainted - jsut worried that the panel beaters can't get the paint right -

Question - any chance of the colours being 'off'? ie - bumper vs the rest of the body?

Very frustrating as the car is such, and i can't pick it up as well. Plus due to the storms, all the panel beaters are busy with priority insurance claims!!

argh!

--end rant -- :headbonk:
TZE,
Was yours on the Tiger?
If so, how did you manage to avoid the hail?
All five at the dealer where I'm getting mine were damaged, sitting on the wharf awaiting collection.
Have you checked yours for any hail dents?

tze

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tze
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
TZE,
Was yours on the Tiger?
If so, how did you manage to avoid the hail?
All five at the dealer where I'm getting mine were damaged, sitting on the wharf awaiting collection.
Have you checked yours for any hail dents?
mine was off Tysla - on the day of pickup - it was hailing ;) but car was inside the showroom. Due to the chip, left it in there - probably a blessing in disguise:)

UPdate : Still waiting warranty approval on the car - but picked it up first anyway. Dealer will update me when they are ready to fix it. Delays probably due to the hail storm! :)

Namda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue manual GT
Another possible defect for the list.

Got offered a cancelled order. Noticed that there is about a 2mm gap between the top of the instrument cluster and the dashboard. Has anyone else seen this and, if so, was it repaired easily?

Also, all 3 cars on the showroom has paint runs between the bumper and rear quarter panels. It's a minor issue, that you will only ever see if you look for it, but it seems common.
Sponsored