AU Delivery Checklist

Erez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum GT Manual
In my opinion that is excessively high
That is very frustrating [MENTION=25100]MUS550[/MENTION]

Is there a there a point where you would "not accept" he car?
I read somewhere that the first 200Km are the most important for the break in period so what if your car arrives with a 100km on the clock?
Sponsored

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
How many klms are most people seeing on delivery ? I remember mine had about 58klms on delivery
58, wow that is high! Mine had 9.2

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yeah I thought it was a lot , mentioned it to my sales person and I was told that's normal :frusty:
Absolutely nothing normal about that, like I've said in an earlier post and from first hand experience working in dealerships, that is nowhere near what I would call acceptable. I would be questioning Ford Aus via Facebook or through the website/e-mail and seeking their opinion as your dealer doesn't sound reputable going off their response.

That's alot of driving to be done on something that is Brand New :mad:

Freman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eco boost 21-10-16
It's a worry, but what are we to do in those situations? Tell the dealer to stick it up their clacker? Pretty hard to do given the amount of time Mustang owners have to wait.

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Mine has 18.4 km's on it which seems about the average going by what everyone else has said in here.

Speaking to my brother (a salesman with Ford), he said that 58 km's sounds like yours was probably randomly pulled from the line and used for some quality control checks with some road testing. It should have a sticker on the windscreen to confirm this but he said that a lot of dealerships remove it. He personally leaves it on there on the cars he comes across that have them so that the customer can see that he hasn't just been thrashing their car around the block a few times.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mine has 18.4 km's on it which seems about the average going by what everyone else has said in here.

Speaking to my brother (a salesman with Ford), he said that 58 km's sounds like other was probably randomly pulled from the line and user for some quality control checks with some road testing. It should have a sticker on the windscreen to confirm this but he said that a lot of dealerships remove it. He personally leaves it on there on the cars he comes across that have them so that the customer can see that he hasn't just been thrashing their car around the block a few times.
Yeah that would have been the honest decent thing to do but sadly my sales person and dealership have been dishonest about many things to do with my mustang purchase and ruined my experience sadly . I still love the Mustang but if I had my time again would never purchase from this dealership :frusty:

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My Salesman went on about decreasing the value of the car if we were to opt to get the defects fixed. I tried to get the point across that the car he has presented to us is already DECREASED in Value due to the defects. He agreed, but then went on about how long term the value would be greater if it were presented as it was originally delivered. Then told me about examples of 60's and 70's with factory defects being worth X-amount, obviously didn't get the point I was trying to get across that what he's put in front of us isn't worth what is written on the contract. Short term these thing's may hold their value, but they aren't going to be big money spinners once the delay has caught up and they start moving on the 2nd hand market. We all know scratches, dings, runs, high Km's, and whatever else you can think of will get our asking or trade in price talked down.

The best thing we can do is try to get some discount on the car, likely won't happen as you've signed a contract for a set price. Next best thing would be to get accessories/services thrown in or at the very least at a heavily discounted rate. Your not going to not take the car, but you should try and get something back out of them!

Also use the survey's and feedback forms to your advantage, they all want glowing responses, if you haven't had a glowing experience make it known.

I know people will also say we may be over reacting, it isn't an Audi, BMW or Merc or whatever. I've had 2 brand new Rangers over the last 2 years and numerous Falcons before that and they have been what I would call perfect for what your paying. No damaged paint, all panels aligned spot on. If Ford can get their other cars right why is it so hard with the Mustang?

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Instead of any discount my dealership actually charged me an extra $1000 on dealer delivery from what was quoted on my original contract when I first ordered . Trouble in Tasmania is that there is not much competition as far as Ford dealerships go unfortunately

GTsteveMkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford Falcon 30th Anniversary EL GT
Yeah that would have been the honest decent thing to do but sadly my sales person and dealership have been dishonest about many things to do with my mustang purchase and ruined my experience sadly . I still love the Mustang but if I had my time again would never purchase from this dealership :frusty:
That's a real shame mate, supposed to be a really happy time and something to get excited about. For the dealership you've bought the car from to ruin the experience just really sucks. Hopefully though you can move on from it and enjoy the car.

M1TCH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Ingot Silver GT AT
Have a very close look at the rear bumper gap, between the bumper and the rear panels (both sides). You can also feel the un-even/ rough edge.

It's not a big issue and you can't see it from a distance (unless the light is right).

I've been told that the dealers are providing Ford AU head office a list of the defects that customers find. So perhaps if we point out the defects (even minor ones), then perhaps the QC might improve in Flat Rock.
I saw some in PD last week and a couple had signs of this. Where I've highlighted red the paint is bubbled or has a raised edge to it. I will be looking closely on mine at delivery tomorrow.
paint area.png

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I saw some in PD last week and a couple had signs of this. Where I've highlighted red the paint is bubbled or has a raised edge to it. I will be looking closely on mine at delivery tomorrow.
My left side of the rear back is in a bit so doesnt butt perfectly, i dont even notice it anymore and neither does anyone else.

Unkle Ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Instead of any discount my dealership actually charged me an extra $1000 on dealer delivery from what was quoted on my original contract when I first ordered . Trouble in Tasmania is that there is not much competition as far as Ford dealerships go unfortunately
Mate all I can do is sympathise with you. Sounds like you really got a raw deal there. Really sucks how the very first experience you have with the Mustang is a disappointing one. The worst is over and you can enjoy the car atleast, for all it's worth and the stuff we have to go through to get these cars I would do it all over again :thumbsup: :cheers:

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mate all I can do is sympathise with you. Sounds like you really got a raw deal there. Really sucks how the very first experience you have with the Mustang is a disappointing one. The worst is over and you can enjoy the car atleast, for all it's worth and the stuff we have to go through to get these cars I would do it all over again :thumbsup: :cheers:
Love the Mustang they are a beautiful car :thumbsup:

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I had a look at mine and it was the same, not lined up properly and rough edge which also has paint run cause of it.
I will be going there again tomorrow to check after they had it for a week fixing it all up.

jank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT TY
Mine had a paint bubble in the same panel gap but closer towards the wheel where the panels pinched in more.

Oh and 11km on delivery.
Sponsored