Sponsored

AU Delivery Checklist

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
Another possible defect for the list.

Also, all 3 cars on the showroom has paint runs between the bumper and rear quarter panels. It's a minor issue, that you will only ever see if you look for it, but it seems common.
If you look back you will see I mentioned this when I picked my car up last year.
Every Mustang I've seen has them (some worse than otters) and at this stage I've elected not to have mine fixed (appears most owners done the same). I did however get a few other paint issues (roof) and front bumper fixed.
Sponsored

OP
OP
V8 coyote

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Seperate to the OP, is there a predelivery list anyone has to recommend of things to ask the dealer of?

All I can think of is not to drill holes for the number plate holder if they are personalised ones?

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit
Depends on what you want. I've asked for the car not to be washed or detailed inside or out for example in addition to not installing plates or brackets.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be putting together a customised delivery inspection list to make sure I don't forgot any of the Mustang specific issues in addition to the usual checks. That'll allow me to systematically work around the vehicle and check off or bring to attention any issues.

Don't forget there's also the Ford predelivery site where you can request what you want the dealer to go over, set up radio stations etc etc:
https://www.ford.com.au/predelivery/welcome

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Depends on what you want. I've asked for the car not to be washed or detailed inside or out for example in addition to not installing plates or brackets.

Over the next couple of weeks I'll be putting together a customised delivery inspection list to make sure I don't forgot any of the Mustang specific issues in addition to the usual checks. That'll allow me to systematically work around the vehicle and check off or bring to attention any issues.

Don't forget there's also the Ford predelivery site where you can request what you want the dealer to go over, set up radio stations etc etc:
https://www.ford.com.au/predelivery/welcome
Keep in mind some dealers wont allow you to have it delivered without it being 'detailed' by their 'professional staff' because they are paranoid about getting a less then favourable survey result after delivery. If anything the main items to push for are.

A: Do not fit the number plates or brackets (this one is obvious)
B: Do not spray the tyres with silicon, because the crap they tend to use is a mongrel to get rid of and the paint on the factory rims is quite soft and prone to scratches.

If it was me i would also take in a high power led torch, this will show up paintwork imperfections far better then the dealers fluro lighting, i wouldnt get too worried about minor spiderwebbing and marring so long as you cannot feel it with your nail, a competant detailer will be able to remove them easily enough.

You also want to pay close attention to both the water channels on the roof (if you are going to get paint thinness it will be there) and on 'low points' of vehicle looking for paint runs.

Paint alignment is also covered.

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They'll get a far less favourable result if they don't follow instructions. I'll also be even more thorough if they want to play games and take all the paint tools and go over every inch and pick every pinhole and do it again after it's been "fixed".

For the average person, definitely take a torch to allow you to look for paint and panel defects more readily but also helps with checking the interior.

Paint is an easy fix, it's the interior that bothers me the most and if they use the usual 2 gallons of silicone spray.

Sponsored

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have made up an eight page check sheet, that accounts for every section of the exterior and interior, underbody and as to date reported issues..............
I have a bad vibe that the red pen is going to cop a workout when I first view the car:eek:
Do you have this somewhere that you're willing/able to share? I'm going through putting together my own (hence going back through this thread) but if a lot of the work has already been done it'd help speed things up.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
Any progress on the 8 page check list?
Planning an imminent pick up.
Thx

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've almost finished the first pass of my checklist but wanted to check a few things.

- How many key fobs are included and do they all contain key blades?
- How many manuals/service books etc are there and where are they?
- SD card for maps. is this still relevant for Sync3 / MY17 cars?
- Rear speakers. Located in side trims and/or parcel shelf?
- What tools are included and where? I seem to recall mention of a funnel?

I think that's it. Once done I'll post it here and welcome any comments and corrections.

OP
OP
V8 coyote

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
I've almost finished the first pass of my checklist but wanted to check a few things.

- How many key fobs are included and do they all contain key blades?
- How many manuals/service books etc are there and where are they?
- SD card for maps. is this still relevant for Sync3 / MY17 cars?
- Rear speakers. Located in side trims and/or parcel shelf?
- What tools are included and where? I seem to recall mention of a funnel?

I think that's it. Once done I'll post it here and welcome any comments and corrections.
look forward to that - thanks!

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
OK, here's the first pass. Not the prettiest thing I've produced but it'll do the job. There'll be some items that not everyone is interested in but I'd be interested in any feedback, especially anything I've forgotten or that needs to be corrected.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cgesSma7cZM5-ZgRKPljOytPr8HmXcYh9lcp0ssBIho/edit?usp=sharing
I would give your dealer a heads up that you're coming with a checklist that will possibly take hours to go through. I'd dare say if you're truly expecting everything on this list to be 100%, your car will never leave the dealer

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of what's on their is for my own reference. I'm only looking for major issues that I can't resolve myself. I'm in a far better position to correct paint issues than the dealership but that depends on the extent of the issue. Damage requiring a respray they'll insist on their guys doing it rather than me having it done at work for example but something simply requiring correction I'm better off doing. Similarly some panel alignment issues I'd rather handle, especially if it's something I'm going to pull off anyway. The big one is really the interior whereas most focus on the exterior. It's essentially impossible to fix a scratched interior panel for example due to the texture etc.

Doesn't take long too go over if you've done it a lot, especially with a couple of people doing it.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
If you go in expecting perfection you are going to be sorely dissapointed, there will be issues with panel alignment and paintwork. It is afterall american made and mass produced. It all boils down to what you consider 'good' and what your willing to put up with.

Bagration

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT delivered 8 May 17
If you go in expecting perfection you are going to be sorely dissapointed, there will be issues with panel alignment and paintwork. It is afterall american made and mass produced. It all boils down to what you consider 'good' and what your willing to put up with.
Fair comment. Just to put it into perspective though - my son picked up his Focus Titanium today. Beautifully put together - no alignment issues, no paint issues and the interior was solid. If this can be done in Thailand - I'd like to think that a Mustang should be presented at least as well if not much better. I get that it's not an audi A6 - but nor is it a holden cruz.

As to the list -it is something I won't slavishly use - but it's a prompt and I thank apsilon for the hard work - because it seems to me that a lot of what's in there is what is reflected in people's comments since pony cars started being delivered.

Fingers crossed that in a couple of weeks time the worries around delivery will be but a distant memory. :)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
slavishly
Being a bit of a wordsmith, it's not often that I'm left scratching my head......but you got me with that one.

:thumbsup:
Sponsored