Sponsored

ATTN: All 5.0 Manual(PP/Premium/Base) S550 Owners (Possibly Widespread Trans Issues?)

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Heres the noises I hear, My 3rd and 5th gear grind sometimes even with the clutch all the way in. It has popped out of 6th as well once in its life. Car has 2400 miles now.

1:16 is exactly how my noise started, then it got worse. I have a third gear grind as well. Check my other thread, the dealer is replacing my trans. Id get yours looked at ASAP
Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

Shot on a cell phone. Sounds like the magnificent piece of machinery that it is.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

GoPro under the drivers door on the ground during the same time as my cell phone video.

I am curious, you guys with the noise issues, how did you break-in your cars? and did you remove the clutch assist spring?

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
I kind of hear that "sewing machine sound" youre talking about. I got that too.

I drove it pretty light the first 500 miles, then gave it the beans a few times after that. Didnt make the problem better or worse really. That first video you hear in my main thread, was right at 400ish miles. Thats how the noise started for me, then turned into that loud exhaust leak type sound.

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
I kind of hear that "sewing machine sound" youre talking about. I got that too.
:doh: I forget that not everyone knows old guy expressions. That is an expression used to describe a perfectly operating piece of machinery. It sounds like a V8 with manual transmission full of gears rotating. This would be the part of the visceral experience of Mustang I think some new Mustangers are not getting.

This is a very mechanical car, the transmission gears whine sometimes, things make mechanical noises. Buy a Mercedes if you want numb and disconnected. This is a drivers car. I intend to make mine less numbing.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
:doh: I forget that not everyone knows old guy expressions. That is an expression used to describe a perfectly operating piece of machinery. It sounds like a V8 with manual transmission full of gears rotating. This would be the part of the visceral experience of Mustang I think some new Mustangers are not getting.

This is a very mechanical car, the transmission gears whine sometimes, things make mechanical noises. Buy a Mercedes if you want numb and disconnected. This is a drivers car. I intend to make mine less numbing.
lol Im just saying, the noises got worse for me, and now they are replacing my trans . Ive heard quite a few new S550s , one of my buddies as well, and he has no noises at all and hes at about 4k miles.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
lol Im just saying, the noises got worse for me, and now they are replacing my trans . Ive heard quite a few new S550s , one of my buddies as well, and he has no noises at all and hes at about 4k miles.
I'll wait till it breaks :D

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
LOL OK, so I finally got around to listening to all these videos and Nemesys, your car sounds like an ole jalopy. Silverspoons has some odd noises as well.

The few others I listened to sound like a car is running. I still don't know if I'd classify this as 'widespread' quite yet...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
No doubt some of these are issues for sure. Glad Ford is addressing them for the new owners.

As Tim stated, mine purrs like a mechanical symphony. Sounds perfect to my ears. DOHC motors make the best music :D

Sponsored

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Maybe my ears are just tuned out to things running. From truck drivers back in the day "Do you here that"? "Yep, it's an engine running, you're welcome" to today with 4000HP natural gas engines running in detonation turning gear reductions backwards driving generators. You should hear those idle down, you're waiting for it to jump out of the frame. So yeah, I'm not too concerned with mine, I have whipped it since the day it came home. If something breaks, Ford will fix it.

OP
OP
Nemesys

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Don't get me wrong. I had a 500whp blown 3valve. It made noise too... Injector ticking etc. Some noises I'm fine with and some I'd rather not wait till a catastrophic failure or an out of warranty repair.

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
No doubt some of these are issues for sure. Glad Ford is addressing them for the new owners.

As Tim stated, mine purrs like a mechanical symphony. Sounds perfect to my ears. DOHC motors make the best music :D
I gotta say...that one dude's sounded like my buddy's Ford diesel truck. That would really suck. I feel for that guy! I hope mine doesn't start doing that. Right now with 500 miles it's running like a watch!

5oh chippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 black GT PP
My stang makes same noise

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
My point was my car sounds fine. On camera it sounds worse. Cellphones tend not to be very accurate producers of sounds.
Sponsored