OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
At least you guys in AZ and TX have dry heat, on the East Coast it's that heat with nasty humidity that comes along with it. The intercooler has been no doubt the best investment and I'll even say the factory one is almost unusable for even a DD in extreme high temps.
Trust me, when it hits 120; dry, wet doesn't matter, it's all miserable.

But agreed, idk how my car survived one summer on the stock ic, the atm unit has made it a much more tolerable summer. Just can't wait for the cold temps to see how she really performs.
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
But agreed, idk how my car survived one summer on the stock ic, the atm unit has made it a much more tolerable summer. Just can't wait for the cold temps to see how she really performs.
You will be amazed. When doing my test drive after putting my ATM in this past February, I was so used to anemic acceleration after even mild pulls. So after getting up to normal engine operating temp, doing a bit of stop and go, mild acceleration and listening for leaks and abnormal noises, I floored it and was completely unprepared for the response on a 50 degree day. Holy hell! :inlove: I actually mildly strained my neck muscles because I didn't brace my head on the headrest. Never made that mistake again.

Marvinmadman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EBM
Trust me, when it hits 120; dry, wet doesn't matter, it's all miserable.

Right now in South Louisiana we have +50% more humidity than Arizona. Trust me, I'd prefer the dryer heat so my sweat could actually dry and cool my body temp.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Right now in South Louisiana we have +50% more humidity than Arizona. Trust me, I'd prefer the dryer heat so my sweat could actually dry and cool my body temp.
Well come out west and tell me how good our weather is right now lol. Gonna be about 111 for the next week. You'll get heat stroke long before your sweat cools you

Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
could this IC be too big for someone with stock turbo ,(untuned as of now) and living in minnesota where car would be driven until its 40 degrees, and frankly it rarely hits 100 here. wasn't there a concern on the focus RS about condensation so they covered part of the IC with some plastic?

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
could this IC be too big for someone with stock turbo ,(untuned as of now) and living in minnesota where car would be driven until its 40 degrees, and frankly it rarely hits 100 here. wasn't there a concern on the focus RS about condensation so they covered part of the IC with some plastic?
I have a stock turbo. No issues at all. Now idk if you need this big of an ic as you live in MN, but I can't see how it would hurt you.
Sponsored