Sponsored

Are we in trouble?

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
If you read the finer details of that article you will note that it's gutted most of the interior and added in a roll cage. Not exactly a production spec vehicle.
Sponsored

LeonBorden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2JZ Formula D Pro AM Cressida, 2015 EB PP
Believe it or not, some people DO buy cars for other reasons than stop light to stop light races. I bought a mustang because it's the best RWD turbo vehicle that's priced reasonably. I'm not a BMW guy and the Genesis makes me vomit.

I wouldn't personally spend 40k on a fwd Honda, but calling it junk is a severe lack of judgement IMO. The car looks to be incredibly engineered, and I think it's going to do some pretty cool stuff once they make it to market. It's great that automobile manufacturers are actually making fun vehicles again; that's something we should all be excited about.

grecoan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT performance package
If everyone is worried about the civic what about the Focus RS I think that is going to be the real force to be reckoned with. AWD 315+ hp WOW.. STI hunter maybe.. I have a GT Performance pack :) so I plan on eating that civic like rice in a burrito..

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
If everyone is worried about the civic what about the Focus RS I think that is going to be the real force to be reckoned with. AWD 315+ hp WOW.. STI hunter maybe.. I have a GT Performance pack :) so I plan on eating that civic like rice in a burrito..
The RS will be above the EB... Price/performance wise. Less weight, and AWD will be of huge benefit on launches.

It depends what you want out of a car, really. I mean, Right now one of my friends owns a WRX, less HP, less weight. He can still pull better 0-60s than I can. But, given the choice I like the EB a lot more than his WRX. If you're going to be going stop light to stop light, the EB is not the best choice... Albeit, it's not a bad one either.

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Believe it or not, some people DO buy cars for other reasons than stop light to stop light races. I bought a mustang because it's the best RWD turbo vehicle that's priced reasonably. I'm not a BMW guy and the Genesis makes me vomit.

I wouldn't personally spend 40k on a fwd Honda, but calling it junk is a severe lack of judgement IMO. The car looks to be incredibly engineered, and I think it's going to do some pretty cool stuff once they make it to market. It's great that automobile manufacturers are actually making fun vehicles again; that's something we should all be excited about.
Amen! I will also add, that if someone wants to spend way more $'s on a car than I did and then even more on modifications just to beat me to that next stop light then by all means, knock yourself out! Corvette's can beat me all day every day but so what? That is not what I bought my car for. If there was nobody else on the road, no other car to compare to, and no other cars to race me I would still love driving my Mustang.

If your happiness is judged based on comparisons to other people then you are destined for a lifetime of disappointment. There is a saying in the boating world that sums this up the best; "there is always a taller mast in the marina."

Sponsored

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
Too bad its a mini van!

Jk, I wish they did the widebody treatment on it. But you can't get everything.

The RS will be above the EB... Price/performance wise. Less weight, and AWD will be of huge benefit on launches.

It depends what you want out of a car, really. I mean, Right now one of my friends owns a WRX, less HP, less weight. He can still pull better 0-60s than I can. But, given the choice I like the EB a lot more than his WRX. If you're going to be going stop light to stop light, the EB is not the best choice... Albeit, it's not a bad one either.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Wait, which one is the minivan.. The RS, Stang or WRX? lol :)

I really find the WRX interior/features lacking

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I would have gotten an evo x over my EB except...they are like 35k. if it had been around 29-30k OTD I would have went and bought one instead....but 35k for a base model? no way. Mitsubishi looks like its on its way out of the car industry anyways, they closed both of the dealerships in my city and one of the cities over. Thanks for the eclipse, 3000gt and evo, bye bye mitsu.
The EVO is an awesome car, but....that interior. I personally do not want to spend $35k on a car with an interior thats out of a $15k econobox. Other than that i would've had one in a heartbeat.

Billy G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Guard Metallic PP Ordered: 1/23/15
If your happiness is judged based on comparisons to other people then you are destined for a lifetime of disappointment. There is a saying in the boating world that sums this up the best; "there is always a taller mast in the marina."
Well said Danny boy :clap2:

There will ALWAYS be somebody faster! How fast you want to go is in direct relation to how much money you choose to spend. To me, speed is a personal thing. I plan on an AP from Adam shortly and a few other things along the way. These things will make me smile when the car is floorboarded and that's what's important to me. Once you come to terms with what you're driving and it's limitations you'll be much happier. If you can't, maybe you should have bought the GT.....

Nihil

Cowabunga
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Grey Goop
The EVO is an awesome car, but....that interior. I personally do not want to spend $35k on a car with an interior thats out of a $15k econobox. Other than that i would've had one in a heartbeat.
the interior is pretty rough but that being said mustangs wasn't so hot either through out the years, the 15 is a much better upgrade but I love how they put so much bling on the interior you get blinded everyday driving when the suns above you. Really makes you notice how much shiny craps inside.

Sponsored

STREETMASTERS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2.3
So, been hearing a lot of news about the upcoming 2016 cars, mainly the new civic type r and the new brz sti, both of which are talking about 350+hp? Makes me somewhat rethink having the EB? Anyone else kinda upset over this news? Just hate the idea of our 4cylinder mustangs getting smashed by a civic Lol :headbonk:
Too late...any K swapped EK/EG hatchback civic will pretty much smoke a modded eb. Not to worry, we can go sideways ;).
why aren't people just drifting the EB and leaving the 1/4 mile to the v8 guys?? (bbring on the hate :p)

In all seriousness I do feel the EB is in a class of its own. For me I don't see it comparing to anything besides the nissan S13/14...Genesis... current brz. .. not often a rwd 4cyl is brought to market looking this good! Just wait until the external waste gates are more readily available...ggoing to be monster status (wwell sound anyway lol)!

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
The civic type R that ran the Nurburgring was a Prototype. Roll cage, no air conditioning, no seats, race tires.

If they ran that again with a stock production car, which they won't, it wouldn't get anywhere near that time. Just more marketing hype.

When they come out they will probably be pretty nasty on the highway from a roll. Just don't take off next to them at a stoplight or they may torque steer into oncoming traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Dennis.P

Dennis.P

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Ecoboost Premium
The civic type R that ran the Nurburgring was a Prototype. Roll cage, no air conditioning, no seats, race tires.

If they ran that again with a stock production car, which they won't, it wouldn't get anywhere near that time. Just more marketing hype.

When they come out they will probably be pretty nasty on the highway from a roll. Just don't take off next to them at a stoplight or they may torque steer into oncoming traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol I love this :lol: +1

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Why would we be in trouble? I got my base Eco 'Stang for under $23k. Tell me what other car I could buy new at that money that'd be faster or nicer looking? Honda will spin up the marketing hype, ricer fanboys will splooge in their pants and drop 30 large, or more, and the car will be slower than this prototype anyway.

And it'll still be a Civic. It'll look like crap, sound like crap and be driven by a guy who wants to prove he's a badass. So, before long, the type R will wound up wrapped around a tree somewhere or have its motor blown up because the driver tuned it past tolerance.

I mean, it's fine that Honda wants to make a fast Civic. Good for them. And I suppose if you want to buy it, that's your business. But my dollar stretches further with the Mustang. Not only did I get a fast car that'll take 95% or more of what's on the road today, but it looks beautiful, the build quality is amazing, it handles great, and it's RWD.

The Mustang has always been about this. The entire pony car segment was invented precisely to bring good power, good looks and fun driving to people who weren't loaded with cash. There will always be faster cars and even better looking cars. But your dollar will never stretch further than it will with a Mustang.

So even if some beefed up Civic takes you at a light someday, remember that he's probably rolling in debt just to drive a car that looks like crap and sounds like my ass after a round of Chinese food and Taco Bell. And you'll still beat any normal Civic without even trying - including the ones driven by morons who plaster their cars with GoFast stickers.

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
The RS will run high 12s I would bet. This would edge out the GT. Trap speed will be lower however.
Sponsored