Apple Car Play and Built-in Navigation

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Is it possible to keep your iPhone plugged in and use Apple Car Play and also use the built-in Navigation. It seems like it only allows Apple Maps when plugged in.

Thanks in advance all of you experts.:fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
No? Mine seems to give you Maps instead of Nav on the menu. Maybe disable car play?

I have to admit though I would rather use Apple Maps and navigation over the cars navigation because the car doesn’t show you when there are speed traps.

OP
OP
gjbroder

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
No? Mine seems to give you Maps instead of Nav on the menu. Maybe disable car play?

I have to admit though I would rather use Apple Maps and navigation over the cars navigation because the car doesn’t show you when there are speed traps.
Thanks.... I just prefer the look of the Sync Navigation. I have made a conscious decision to enjoy my speed on the track and to not to excessively speed on the highway (due to past indiscretions)... so not worried about the speed traps.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
Thanks.... I just prefer the look of the Sync Navigation. I have made a conscious decision to enjoy my speed on the track and to not to excessively speed on the highway (due to past indiscretions)... so not worried about the speed traps.
Understood. I drive in states where everyone goes over the limit so I’m just matching traffic.

Just don’t plug in your phone then? Use Bluetooth audio instead?

Get a12v lighter adapter to charge your phone?

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Does the same with Waze on Android

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
As a side note. If you set a destination on the car, and plug in your iPhone, Apple Maps will take over the directions.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
CarPlay API also has a way to know the car speed, so if you use a 3rd party navigation app (I use TomTom) it knows the speed you are going even when there is no GPS reception. This way you know of speed traps and exits even in galleries.

Does the Sync navigation have real time traffic? It's bundled for free or you have to pay for it?

OP
OP
gjbroder

gjbroder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
CarPlay API also has a way to know the car speed, so if you use a 3rd party navigation app (I use TomTom) it knows the speed you are going even when there is no GPS reception. This way you know of speed traps and exits even in galleries.

Does the Sync navigation have real time traffic? It's bundled for free or you have to pay for it?
It does. Free for a few years then subscription through Sirius/XM.

86pagt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dale
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I find google maps and Waze are better than the factory nav…so when using apple car play and needing directions I use them. I have used the factory nav very very little
Sponsored