Anyone using a Motorla MA1 in their S550? Debating wireless options

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
Maybe someone is looking for an alternative?
https://www.androidpolice.com/search/aawireless/
https://www.aawireless.io/
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B71XC7VG/
I decided to go with AAwireless before there were any alternatives and have not regretted it so far.
Biggest advantage, the cable is not permanently attached, so you can discreetly hide the box somewhere and get a suitable cable, if necessary even with angled plugs (a simple USB cable is included).

We currently have AAwireless in use on the Mustang, the Escape (called Kuga in the EU) and two vehicles with GM Intellilink.
3 modules total from at least 2 different hardware generations and there are no problems at all.
And everything I've noticed so far, the support of AAwireless also performs very well when there are problems (AAwireless was once a crowdfuning campaign).
Sponsored

Last edited:

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Was just going to suggest people try AAWireless if they can't find the motorola. Mine works quite well, no real issues other than I had to do a factory reset once. But their walkthrough troubleshooting guide was super simple to get to that point.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Been using the MA1 for about a week. Absolutely delighted with the speed of initial connection & lack of lag. Given I picked mine up in Australia with 2 day delivery, I'd assume the availability issues are resolved too.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

MikeMr305

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I shrugged this off a long time ago but coincidentally looked it up now durring the sale so i ordered one. My 2022 330i wireless AA really made the mustangs bother the hell out of me because every bump on the road would disconnect it and im tired of replacing anker cables. Hopefully this behaves as good as reviewed long term. New anker cables seem to act up after 6 months or so. Any long term users still around?

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
I shrugged this off a long time ago but coincidentally looked it up now durring the sale so i ordered one. My 2022 330i wireless AA really made the mustangs bother the hell out of me because every bump on the road would disconnect it and im tired of replacing anker cables. Hopefully this behaves as good as reviewed long term. New anker cables seem to act up after 6 months or so. Any long term users still around?
No issues with the two that I own currently. Been a little over a year and half now.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I own one for Carplay since I jumped ship over to Apple with the 14 Pro. The only thing I've experienced with wireless stuff is a delay when using WAZE. Sometimes it can be up to 30-60 seconds which when you are navigating can be problematic LOL

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I own one for Carplay since I jumped ship over to Apple with the 14 Pro. The only thing I've experienced with wireless stuff is a delay when using WAZE. Sometimes it can be up to 30-60 seconds which when you are navigating can be problematic LOL
That's a show stopper then. You can't navigate if there is ANY delay let alone 30-60 seconds!

Are you sure it's not just waze because Waze has had issues lately even with my wired connection to my Pixel 7 Pro it would not update my location live. That has now been fixed

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I've never had a problem with the Android one, in either car.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
That's a show stopper then. You can't navigate if there is ANY delay let alone 30-60 seconds!

Are you sure it's not just waze because Waze has had issues lately even with my wired connection to my Pixel 7 Pro it would not update my location live. That has now been fixed
It may have been WAZE. Apple Maps works flawlessly and I've since switched over to Apple Maps because it seems to convey more data.
Sponsored