Anyone using a Motorla MA1 in their S550? Debating wireless options

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ever have that moment where you accidentally jiggle the USB A to USB C cable on your android phone and then your PLEX/Spotify/Whatever cuts out and you have to jiggle it again and hope like heck Android Audio doesn't mess up?

Anyone using the Motorola MA1 yet?

Motorola MA1 review: So good it's no wonder it's always sold out (androidpolice.com)

Supposed to allow wireless Bluetooth / android auto (or Carplay I'm sure)?
Sponsored

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I've been waiting for them to come back in stock, I was able to nab one yesterday, waiting for it to arrive. I've read a lot of positive things about it. I'll let you know once I receive it next week.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I've been waiting for them to come back in stock, I was able to nab one yesterday, waiting for it to arrive. I've read a lot of positive things about it. I'll let you know once I receive it next week.
Thank you sir! Whether I switch to an iPhone at the end of November or not remains to be seen however regardless of the route that I go I really would like to do wireless in the car. As long as PLEX works as I stream music from my own personal plex server.

94gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mat
Vehicle(s)
21' F150, 21' Mustang GT
i hope it works better than the native wireless Ford has introduced in Sync 4...it is dependent on wifi and in my 21' F150, it drops more than it works, then when you plug it into a USB cable it tells you that it is unsupported, and have turn wireless off, and 1/2 the time I need to reboot the phone to get it to switch back. The motorola seems to address this as it still uses a wired connection to Sync, and just leverages a normal bluetooth connection to their device. Pretty excited to hear the review on it too!

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Just be glad you folks south of the border can get it. Apparently, Canada doesn't have it at Best Buy at all. WTF!

Sponsored

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible
Guys, I have had one for about two months now and the thing works flawlessly. The only down side is I need another one because it is a pain in the ass moving between vehicles. I was able to score one the second round of purchases via Amazon. I highly recommend it. Keep in the closed portion of the console of the stang, Stream both XM and Pandora via the MA1 with no issues!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Guys, I have had one for about two months now and the thing works flawlessly. The only down side is I need another one because it is a pain in the ass moving between vehicles. I was able to score on the second round of purchases via Amazon. I highly recommend it. Keep in the closed portion of the console of the stang, Stream both XM and Pandora via the MA1 with no issues!!!
I'm actually seeing if I can add it to my watch list LOL

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have it on my wish list on Amazon but if you don't check the thing regularly you never know when it comes available.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No big thrills on the packaging... Basically, plug it in, sync to BT and you're ready to go.

20220616_114404.jpg

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Ordered one from Amazon as they have several sellers in the US that have it and the order confirmation shows a picture of a device which is NOT the correct device.

Buyer Beware.

1655394562216.png

Sponsored

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Been great for me for the past 4 months as well. Never had any dropped connection or hiccups.
I set a notification on Amazon and was able to snag one after missing out a couple times.

The only two minor downsides for me:

1. It uses Bluetooth to initiate the connection but data is actually streamed over a wi-fi network connection which the MA1 broadcasts and your phone connects to.
This means you can't connect to any wi-fi network while the MA1 is in use so you have to use your phone's data plan for things like google maps.
Not an issue for most but I have the ATT wi-fi service in my car which I can't use with my phone anymore. Still useful for my dashcam and other devices though.

2. The graphics quality is slightly lower than using a wired connection. Not a big deal and you'll get used to it quickly but if you switch back and forth between the MA1 and the regular wired connection you'll notice the difference.

Overall the convenience and clutter free setup far outweigh the downsides I mentioned

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
After my last experience 20 minutes ago I think I'll wait till Amazon.ca has it. Trying to find one that ships to Canada on Amazon.com means duty and taxes + when I ordered the one it showed the wrong item when confirming the order. That was a huge red flag.

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Try again on Amazon, I just ordered one for 7/3/22 delivery...

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Either Amazon.com has a ton of third party scammers OR there is a problem with the Amazon image associated to the product.

1655396375462.png

Ferrcad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know... My recent order... Now showing none available.

1655396851543.png
Sponsored