Anyone use Laser Shifters?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Wondering is anyone here uses a laser shifter and if so what kind. Have they ever saved you from a ticket?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Have you ever tried TMG?
No, sorry never personally tried it. I've seen the system, I followed them for a bit a few years ago but I stopped after some time. It was supposed to be a good budget competitor but they took forever on development and the software was pretty poor.. I think they were supposed to release a new center head but I don't think they ever did. TMG did finally release the VPR head, maybe in 2020 or earlier this year? I just watched this video:

Vortex says, shifting still isn't up to par with the ALP, but it costs much less. At launch their software was just terrible.. Looked like something from old Android. I think they were looking for some third party developers, but I'm not sure they ever got enough interest.

I heard performance was mediocre at the time and after watching that video they're still struggling with the newer stuff. Vortex says it's based on what's being used in your area.. So try to connect with some local enthusiasts and see.. Maybe you can get away with the TMG. For my money, I want what's best.. I think it's kind of silly to custom install a system.. spend that money.. and leave performance on the table.

If you do go TMG, and they don't have a sale going you can use the code "VortexRadar" to save $70 off of TMG Triples+ setups.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, I do have TMG. I have 3 in front and 2 rear w/ 1 VPR head. I don't have DragonEye where I am so it's not a concern. It's mated with the JBV1 app so it's world class in the respect. I've been hit front and rear and never ticketed.

Sponsored

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Thanks, I do have TMG. I have 3 in front and 2 rear w/ 1 VPR head. I don't have DragonEye where I am so it's not a concern. It's mated with the JBV1 app so it's world class in the respect. I've been hit front and rear and never ticketed.
Nice, always good to read success stories for TMG. Unfortunately DragonEye guns have been in use around here for just over 5 years now. I was excited to see some competition for ALP back when I started digging.. Sticker shock was real. JBV1 is pretty solid but I'm not a Valentine fan.. I rely on Waze and my Uniden R7 until we see something from Radenso on Theia.

I'm really surprised nobody else has weighed in.. I know when I was searching for head install pictures there were some good threads around the forums.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Nice, always good to read success stories for TMG. Unfortunately DragonEye guns have been in use around here for just over 5 years now. I was excited to see some competition for ALP back when I started digging.. Sticker shock was real. JBV1 is pretty solid but I'm not a Valentine fan.. I rely on Waze and my Uniden R7 until we see something from Radenso on Theia.

I'm really surprised nobody else has weighed in.. I know when I was searching for head install pictures there were some good threads around the forums.
Theia is vaporware.

2JZFAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 AG GT350
Theia is vaporware.
Maybe.. we'll see. I'm sure Radenso was behind before Covid, but the microchip shortage is widely known.. Not hard to imagine they're having trouble getting Spartan 7 FPGAs while trying to keep control of the price. RC M is a standard in the industry and the Pro M isn't bad for a white label windshield device.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yeah, but the Valentine kicks everybody's butt. 😁😁
Sponsored