Anyone Use an Electronic Centri BOV

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Hey, I was wanting to know if anyone with a Centri is running an Electronic type Boost controller, to Run the centri like a Turbo. Like if you install a 12 psi pulley and have like 3 different program tunes loaded on your ngauge or what ever device like for 7psi, 10psi, 13psi . When you want to change your boost level, you would change your Electronic BOV boost controller to that psi setting and then load the applicable tune for that boost and be on your way. Is this possible?
Screenshot_20220823-002620.png
Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
sometimes folks don't want full power mode and running lower boost is easier than running Ypercent less throttle everywhere. Bit like snow mode i guess.
Question though, if your car is mapped to Xpsi boost, surely it'll be mapped to X-whatever psi boost as well or because a supercharger (i dunno does it?) always run Xpsi since it's mechanically driven by engine speed only ever needs one map / one boost fuelling curve ? Just asking for me

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Waste of money IMO....

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
If the ebc does it what it is suppose to then you really only need one tune. There is no need to run different tunes unless changing fuels or want a tune with more or less timing. I run the same Lund tune for 8-14 psi.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
If you want "like a turbo".....buy a turbo.
Nope, just want the flexibility of a turbo boost management without having to go with an actual turbo. Plus saves 4k-5k.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
this is just a very expensive torque booster setup. you get the same thing by running a pulley for 20psi and a waistgate. you can then run any boost up to 20psi. you can put together a torque booster setup for $200-$300

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Great sale price BTW, dropped from $999.00 to 989.00!

1Slow5PointOh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerald
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium PP
this is just a very expensive torque booster setup. you get the same thing by running a pulley for 20psi and a waistgate. you can then run any boost up to 20psi. you can put together a torque booster setup for $200-$300
$200-$300 would seem like a very, very, low budget torque booster setup.
Most semi-decent wastegates (Tial MVR, Turbosmart comp gate, etc.) run about $350-400.
Then you have to add in fabrication, vacuum lines, an electronic boost controller and solenoid, smaller pulley, etc.

I'd go with this setup personally, but again I don't think 200-300 will cover it.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
It's been discussed once or twice on here before. Very popular in the mopar world with PD blowers, but primarily because it was designed by a mopar shop. They were attempting to dabble with some Ford performance (bought a mustang or two, sent a tuner to learn about Fords), but it doesn't seem like that went very far.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
A torque Booster? Do you have a link to a high quality/reliability one?
Thanks for your help

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
A torque Booster? Do you have a link to a high quality/reliability one?
Thanks for your help
buy a different system if you want power down low.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I don't know how they are marketing the product in the screenshot above, but this device was designed to do the exact opposite of what is being discussed. The original intent of the product was to soften the hit of the PD blower and bring the power in slower with the added feature of being able to dial in a boost number up top.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Beefcake has one on their site that I believe they developed. Sorry, don't have a link but I can't imagine it would be too hard to find.
Thank You. When I will contact Beefcake to check. I want to make sure I have all items I will need and want when I buy everything at once this fall. And to respond to the Turbo guy, I don't want a turbo for I am not chasing maximum top end HP plus the cost for the same results is staggery more expensive. I would love nothing more then to put a PD on my car for they are absolutely the most fun to drive on the street but: I don't want the Heat Soak issues, Necessary modifications for the install, the extra heavy weight or chasing parts due to instant torque. But, that's just me. Thank you for your help.
Sponsored