Sponsored

Anyone on Koya wheels yet?

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
FIXR7 -there is not issue with his level of lowering so guard lip profile is irrelevant. Nothing radical happening here. Go to the suspension section on main site where there is heaps of info on lowering to more radical levels. Guard clearance and rolling lips - this is a function of suspension lowering in mm, wheel offset, tyre size and camber. In my case, the combo I have is not going to trouble the underside of the guards. This I know from what I have read and from looking at what I have already.

Cheers
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man, when you drop it let me know how much tyre clearance you have on the guard lip as it radius' in? Is it a rolled lip from factory or still flat bottomed?
Lips are rolled from factory. From what I see, the yanks are using 11" +50 rears by running circa 2 degrees neg in the rears, which happens to be where my car sits after lowering on Vogtland springs....
Does this help?

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Freerein. I do already understand all that but I wanted to know about yours in particular because well, we're talkin about yours and you seem to have attention to detail which many people do not.
Cheers Burkey, that is helpful. How low did you go? I tend to go lower than most peeps so I'm probably going to go somewhere in the +55mm range on either a 10.5 or 11" rim and stay 19" diameter.
Thanks again Lads.

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Freerein. I do already understand all that but I wanted to know about yours in particular because well, we're talkin about yours and you seem to have attention to detail which many people do not.
Cheers Burkey, that is helpful. How low did you go? I tend to go lower than most peeps so I'm probably going to go somewhere in the +55mm range on either a 10.5 or 11" rim and stay 19" diameter.
Thanks again Lads.
I went with Vogtlands 35mm all rounders. This puts the car a whisker under legal, but it doesn't attract that kind of attention...
Obviously you'll get more neg if you go lower.
I agree that a +55 would be a little safer for an 11" rear. Some of the +50's do look like they poke a little, but from what I've seen, most of these guys are over-tyring the car (bigger than 305). For me, it makes no sense and just gives the tyres an awkward/bulgy look. Not a clue why they feel the need, but each to their own :cheers:

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Cheers Burkey,
I'll most likely be using H@R coil overs adjusted to about 65mm down. So i may stay 11" +55 as you say or 10.5" +50 and no wider than 295. I believe Koya will custom offset on certain wheels too so I'll see what I can get away with. Obviously I want to stand the tyres up a bit more too so hopefully there's enough camber adjustability or aftermarket bits to get that adjustability?
I agree with you on the bulgy look, it tends to make the car look like a roller skate. It's a shame these cars have sooo much positive, at least falcons were a more manageable 36.

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Cheers Burkey,
I'll most likely be using H@R coil overs adjusted to about 65mm down. So i may stay 11" +55 as you say or 10.5" +50 and no wider than 295. I believe Koya will custom offset on certain wheels too so I'll see what I can get away with. Obviously I want to stand the tyres up a bit more too so hopefully there's enough camber adjustability or aftermarket bits to get that adjustability?
I agree with you on the bulgy look, it tends to make the car look like a roller skate. It's a shame these cars have sooo much positive, at least falcons were a more manageable 36.
Just make sure with the koya that you measure up first. Great wheels and great guys but i couldn't get the sf04 in an 11 to fit with 305 rear without huge poke. They were returned. It's a pity as they looked great

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks melbnut, Yes I read about that on yours. They must've supplied the wrong offset for you. After looking at lots of wheels I'm probably not going to use Koyas now anyway.
Cheers.

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi Guys
I am waiting on shorter Lugs for my Koya SF06 and once they arrive and wheels fitted will supply some photos.
With the Koya Sf06 the 11" rear will have a 52mm offset, which I obtained off the paperwork from the tyre shop which came from Koya. The trial install showed that both the 305 sit within the guard

I will then need to lower the car as the tyre Gap was very obvious and needs to be reduced. From what I have read most are dropping the rear hight by an inch. I have read that the FR3 product is a good option. Any thoughts?
cheers
simon

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Hi Guys
I am waiting on shorter Lugs for my Koya SF06 and once they arrive and wheels fitted will supply some photos.
With the Koya Sf06 the 11" rear will have a 52mm offset, which I obtained off the paperwork from the tyre shop which came from Koya. The trial install showed that both the 305 sit within the guard

I will then need to lower the car as the tyre Gap was very obvious and needs to be reduced. From what I have read most are dropping the rear hight by an inch. I have read that the FR3 product is a good option. Any thoughts?
cheers
simon
The FR3 track pack is an amazing upgrade, its just a shame it is so expensive. $2500 + fitment, I am not sure if a group buy would make it cheaper [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION]?

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi Guys
My new lug nuts with a security lug arrived today so I can finally get the SF-06 fitted. These lugs are ex japan and are only 32mm in length so they should only sit out 5-8mm on the rear and nothing on the fronts.

I'll post some pics on Friday
cheers

Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Hi Guys
My new lug nuts with a security lug arrived today so I can finally get the SF-06 fitted. These lugs are ex japan and are only 32mm in length so they should only sit out 5-8mm on the rear and nothing on the fronts.

I'll post some pics on Friday
cheers
Really keen to see how these lugs look on the rear. Mine are hanging out way too much

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
[MENTION=24589]FreeRein[/MENTION] do you have any more photos with the SF07?

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
FIXR7- sorry if I sounded short in my reply. I had not paid any attention to the guard lip shape knowing that what I was doing wasn't radical at all. I see that Burkey has provided the right answer.
msweet- I'll see what I can do this weekend with a SLR re photos. Car definitely needs lowering - the nose up stance somehow seems accentuated with the more prominent front wheels.

The bigger tyres on bigger offsets are more of a worry with road pick-up (stones etc). I had to negotiate a road repair at the end of my street and I drove so slowly for 200m or so through and beyond the repair, joggers and walkers went past me. I asked one of them if they wanted a lift but they said they were in a hurry....

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Just make sure with the koya that you measure up first. Great wheels and great guys but i couldn't get the sf04 in an 11 to fit with 305 rear without huge poke. They were returned. It's a pity as they looked great
I was ready to order the SF04s in 9.5s f and 11s r and just saw your post. How far did they poke out at the rear?

I saw this one has 20x12s on the rear with a fair bit of camber and coil overs. I was hoping the 11s would just sit flush.
http://mswt.com.au/gallery_view.php?FORD MUSTANG &ID=459

Then there is this one with 10s on the back which I guess doesn't look too bad.
https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn....=9069a52d9181ab954108c0f65f556698&oe=58476940

VNE000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Comp. Orange (Delivered Aug 2016)
The Mustang hips extend beyond the cabin to an extend that make it look 'wide' at the back anyway. I don't think you need too much wheel/tyre to 'muscle' it up.
Sponsored