Anyone on Koya wheels yet?

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
The Mustang hips extend beyond the cabin to an extend that make it look 'wide' at the back anyway. I don't think you need too much wheel/tyre to 'muscle' it up.
I just want it sit flush once I lower it, don't really care about going to 11s if they poke out. I just want to make sure I order the right wheels and don't need the hassle of tyre poke from either rubbing or the cops.
Sponsored

RSPEC-015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Territory & Mustang GT
I just want it sit flush once I lower it, don't really care about going to 11s if they poke out. I just want to make sure I order the right wheels and don't need the hassle of tyre poke from either rubbing or the cops.
It all depends on the offset. The MRR350's are 11" wide with an offset of +55mm for the rear. These will not poke and most of us have fitted 295/35's to them. They can take a 305/35 tyre but this size difficult to source locally here in Oz.

My wheels are due to get fitted soon.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
I was ready to order the SF04s in 9.5s f and 11s r and just saw your post. How far did they poke out at the rear?

I saw this one has 20x12s on the rear with a fair bit of camber and coil overs. I was hoping the 11s would just sit flush.
http://mswt.com.au/gallery_view.php?FORD MUSTANG &ID=459

Then there is this one with 10s on the back which I guess doesn't look too bad.
https://scontent.fbne1-1.fna.fbcdn....=9069a52d9181ab954108c0f65f556698&oe=58476940
I had the deep concave in an 11 rear.. with the 305 it would not fit fullstop.. even with neg 2.5 camber it was WAY out past the guards.. If you put a 295 you would maybe get it under. The black car is owned by Lee who I think is on here. He is running super camber as well as stretched tyres to fit.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
I had the deep concave in an 11 rear.. with the 305 it would not fit fullstop.. even with neg 2.5 camber it was WAY out past the guards.. If you put a 295 you would maybe get it under. The black car is owned by Lee who I think is on here. He is running super camber as well as stretched tyres to fit.
As well as the probably the most hideously colored rims I have seen on a Mustang. He has spent so much on his build but the rims :doh:

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Rays Double Lock Lugs

Hi all
sorry for the delay, I now have photos.
Just as a recap.
I installed the Koya SF-06, where the rears have a large concave dish. Fronts 20"x10" wide with offset 35mm and Rears 20"x11" with 52mm offset. I then ran with Yokohama 275/30 front & 305/30 Rears
The lugs that Koya supplied were ok (acceptable) for the front but stuck out a country mile for the rears and they didn't have a security lug either. The length of the Koya lugs were 50mm
I eventually found lug nuts that were 33mm in length which from all my hunting is the shortest around in M14 1.5. In my last discussion with Koya they are still looking to find a solution. Asd you can see from the images the front lugs not sit about 2mm inside the wheel and the rears sit about 7-8mm out at the back. I am happy with this look , as its the best I think I am going to get.

I intend to lower it around 1.25" all around
IMGL3408a.jpg
IMGL3412a.jpg
IMGL3414a.jpg
IMGL3413a.jpg
IMGL3419a.jpg
IMGL3420a.jpg
IMGL3422a.jpg

Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
This is the packaging of the Rays lug nuts out of japan, Not cheap at $237 but well worth it
IMGL3397a.jpg
IMGL3398a.jpg

marto.s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty/Marto
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT
Hi all
sorry for the delay, I now have photos.
Just as a recap.
I installed the Koya SF-06, where the rears have a large concave dish. Fronts 20"x10" wide with offset 35mm and Rears 20"x11" with 52mm offset. I then ran with Yokohama 275/30 front & 305/30 Rears
The lugs that Koya supplied were ok (acceptable) for the front but stuck out a country mile for the rears and they didn't have a security lug either. The length of the Koya lugs were 50mm
I eventually found lug nuts that were 33mm in length which from all my hunting is the shortest around in M14 1.5. In my last discussion with Koya they are still looking to find a solution. Asd you can see from the images the front lugs not sit about 2mm inside the wheel and the rears sit about 7-8mm out at the back. I am happy with this look , as its the best I think I am going to get.

I intend to lower it around 1.25" all around
Looks great mate, was looking at those rims today. I'm still leaning toward the SF04s but those are ok. Are the SF04s built in different offsets because your SF06 20x11s fit easily inside your guards. That's with 305mm too!

FML, I really want to order rims but can't be certain they will fit.

I just want mild concave on the front and deep concave on rear and sit flush or just inside the guards. I guess this only leaves the Envisio EFS1 but they are getting a bit common.

So wait the 11s will fit if you go 295? how far inside the rims will the tyres sit?

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt

This was from the back. It looked way worse straight down. I think that the negative camber required would have been well into the -3 -4 range to get them under

Sponsored

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Looks great mate, was looking at those rims today. I'm still leaning toward the SF04s but those are ok. Are the SF04s built in different offsets because your SF06 20x11s fit easily inside your guards. That's with 305mm too!

I went through a Bob Jane dealership here, but the offsets can be machined by Koya to suite. Their web site liats the range pere rim type.
http://www.koya.com.au/make/2-1/

FML, I really want to order rims but can't be certain they will fit.

My arrangement was that if they didn't fit they would be returned.

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
Sharp looking car the 05STANG. As we have discussed I nearly went for that wheel due deep concave rear vs. the ones on mine being std Concave. The difference in depth is 13mm between a Deep Concave and Concave - I went to Koya and measured them.
msweet - here are some better photos of mine. The car is filthy - I am not game to wash since Opticoat until I get the foam spray device. This is halfway into a 350klm running in drive I did today in Sth East QLD - Mount Lindsay (great curves up the pass there into N'thn NSW, Christmas Creek Road, Kerry Rd. - all out beyond Beaudesert where you can give it wide throttle openings to surge in speed then ease off - without worrying other cars. Ride is great - press on driving reveals needs firmer suspension, esp rear for my taste. Very satisfying none-the-less. Awesome engine.

These wheels are Koya SF07 (same manufacturer as supplies MRR FS01) 20X11"x55 ET rear with 295/35 MPSS 105Y ('NO' Porsche Panamera spec), fronts are 275/35 (102Y - and it is a front tyre spec - this size available as a parallel import only) on a 20"x10" ET35. There is probably a tad more offset to be had but it is close esp. the front.
IMG_8382.1.jpg
IMG_8385.1.jpg
IMG_8384.1.jpg
IMG_8387.1.jpg
IMG_8397 (2).jpg
IMG_8405.1.jpg
IMG_8408.1.jpg
IMG_8412.1.jpg

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
Thanks 05STNG
Its still stock. I have in my garage the BMR handling springs, Konis and some other BMR stuff to go on yet. BMR handling springs lower it 30mm in front and 15mm in back. When I first drove it, I thought it was stiff enough, but now getting used to the car and giving it bit of a burn up and down Mt Lindesay (really a hillock), there are some bumpy/wavey surfaces there, getting that power down out of curves shows up what a rubbery rear end it has. The car has great mechanical grip but it does buck about a bit and needs tightening up IMHO. By the way I can't give it the Big Mac yet as its only done 600klms, but 2/3 throttle through to 4500 rpm showed this up.
Cheers

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe

This was from the back. It looked way worse straight down. I think that the negative camber required would have been well into the -3 -4 range to get them under

Hi MelbNut,
Your case sparked me to look at my specs closely to make sure I was OK. With that wheel (SF04) the only wheels you can use are the 20 x 9.5, 20 x 10 and 20x 11 std concave (front, front/rear and rear respectively). After allowing 3mm for the cap, say on a rear as an eg, the most aggressive "flush" fitment (eg Project 6GR) are 50 ET, so the wheel would have to have an offset range spec of 53mm. The deep concave 11" SF04 has a maximum ET of 45 so, allowing 3mm for the cap, its a 42mm ET wheel - therefore 8mm too far out into orbit. To carry this I suspect you need heaps of neg camber as you say. I have read in the suspension tech forum that the folks that go to neg 2 camber in rear say the cars handle poorly with this. Can recommend folks read MustangCollector reviews/threads covering suspension components and set ups. Best stay around neg 1.5 deg camber in rear from memory.

I hope you have it all sorted now. You could use the 11" std concave FS04 wheel and use the ET I have out back at 55 (which is the MRR350 rear ET), or look at 05STNG with his 52 ET. There is a wheel tech forum sticky of wheels but so many folks leave the vital measurements off so it takes a bit of sorting through to get the facts on this.
All the best.
Sponsored