Mustang GT Magnetic
Trying to figure out how to load pics
Sponsored

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
We had the wheel nuts removed from the package. Simple reason being that I've yet to see a set that don't poke too much (most of the rears seem to poke about 10mm or more on a staggered set up)
The plan is to use gorilla lugs and machine them to achieve the right look.
To me, the picture below just looks wrong. Must be an American thing. :shrug:
This I need to do! Mine stick out and it irritates the shit out of me!! Anyone know someone in Melb that can sort this out?

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
I have found these out of Japan (lug nuts and lockers), they are the shortest I have found in M14 1.5 at 33mm. These are expensive but not compared to what we pay for rims and tyres. I have purchased a set the Koya SF-06 rims 10" front & 11" rears with 35 and 52 offset whoich sit under the guards nicely. I measured my stud length from the seat of the cone section which is 25mm. So anything just longer will not pop the end of the closed lug nut off. Once these arrive I will put the wheels on. These should poke out less than those shown ion the Vossen image.
Its been a real struggle to find lug nuts in Aus and America that suite without sticking out 10+mm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RAYS-Whe...304089?hash=item41ae5e8459:g:hm4AAOSwdIFXxPnt

OP
OP
Burkey

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This I need to do! Mine stick out and it irritates the shit out of me!! Anyone know someone in Melb that can sort this out?
Any shop with a lathe should be able to remove material from the tapered section. Just be sure your lugs won't bottom before they grab the wheel...

Sponsored

Malibu1

Malibu
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Good work, yes that is it. Will be picking it up from Herrod's on Saturday. I posted a few pics of the wheels in an album Vossen VFS1. Back wheels have a concave dish and look good compared to front rim.

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Good work, yes that is it. Will be picking it up from Herrod's on Saturday. I posted a few pics of the wheels in an album Vossen VFS1. Back wheels have a concave dish and look good compared to front rim.
What did you have Herrods do?

Malibu1

Malibu
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I also struggled to find lug nuts for my rims that I liked and eventually found that Nice Products in Sydney have a huge selection and also lock nuts for the rims. Could not find what I wanted on their website but phoned them and they had what I was looking for.

Malibu1

Malibu
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Getting the works done: suspension, quad tip borla exhaust, short throw shifter, GT350R steering wheel, bonnet struts, supercharger, oil/air separator

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Getting the works done: suspension, quad tip borla exhaust, short throw shifter, GT350R steering wheel, bonnet struts, supercharger, oil/air separator
wow thats impressive cant wait to see that. Is that their $22k package?

Sponsored

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
Had my wheels fitted today - JAX Bowen Hills - great folks - took a lot of care and traded my tyres. See pics below. 20"x 11" rear ET55, front 10" ET35. The front honestly is about as big an offset you can go. I have 275/35 MPSS front and 295/35 MPSS rear. The rear you could squib a few mm. in offset max. I saw ET50's ( Project 6 GR) and I think these are too aggressive. I also think some folks are over tyre-ing the cars.

These are Koya SF07. Same as MRR SF01. (SF02? guess what I saw at Koya's warehouse a few weeks back)

My wheels are Koya's std. SF07 Concave, not Deep Concave. I agonised between these and SF06, but you have to allow 3mm for the cap, and my figuring that left only the SF07 as offering suitable offsets for the rear wheels. This is just me. Folks can't go wrong either way. Great weight saving by the way. But, like 05STNG, my nuts are too big. You'll see in the pictures Koya supply the wheel nuts and need to have a solution that will manage nil to near all wheel boss machining (to get offset variations) which impacts stud length and hole depth. So if you want less protruding nuts, its a search - see others above that have been searching for the perfect nuts.

MPSS - much better steering responsiveness than the Pirellis from the get go.

Photos are i-phone sorry - I am mainly showing you the line up with guards here. Lowering is several weeks away - ordered Koni's from Race Consultancy - the last piece of puzzle on that front.

(In review the photos on my PC are right side up, but on web-site preview they are u/down, half rotated - so I hope this works.)

You may be wondering where are my rear MGP grey caliper covers? Well they touched some-where like a bike with cardboard in the spokes. Not flash. Koya claim our rear brake caliper is quite different to US models.

Oh - I paid extra for gloss black paint - brilliant finish and a nice touch is a spec sticker on inner rim that describes the spec of my wheels and notes the technician that cut them.

Cheers
IMG_1529.JPG
IMG_1530.JPG
IMG_1532.JPG
IMG_1533.JPG
IMG_1537.JPG
IMG_1540.JPG
IMG_1541.JPG

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi FreeRein

These look sweet.
Whick Koni's have you ordered and how much will it lower the car as I have the the wheel arch gap issue as you

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
I like that wheel design. How much inside clearance do you have with the 11" +55?
I'd be interested to know what you think of the custom paint finish too?
I got some Koya Drift Teks for my XH ute and paid extra for custom colour and it honestly looks like someone painted them with a friggen spray can!? Plus it's already started to chip off!?!:frusty::frusty:

Last edited:

FreeRein

FreeRein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M17 Mustang GT 6MT Coupe
05STNG - the Konis are Yellow Sport adjustables. About A$1150 landed door to door. The springs that do all the lowering are BMR SP083 - go to the BMR site for all the info. These are about A$450 landed door to door. These lower it about 30mm front and 15mm rear. BMR offer a front only front that has a 30mm drop for US$120 a set plus freight which allows you to retain original struts etc. This is the cheapest way - almost same spring rate as std.

FIXR7 - I am very pleased with quality of wheel and paint job overall. I haven't been above 75klm hr yet - just passed 130 klms on the odo today. Paint job on wheels looks factory quality. The paint job was an outsourced job - Koya don't paint the wheels - they only do the machining as far as I know. They started as matt black wheels.

Spacing behind - I didn't look, but if you go to the wheels and tyres section on this site there is heaps of info and 12" and wider are possible with upto 345 tyres so there is no issue what-so ever with an 11"wheel. 11"x ET55 (GT350 MRR reps for a start) is a very common size with these cars in the US.

Cheers

FIXR7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
'93 Range Rover Rogue 351 powered, '17 Ruby GT, '99 XH V8-S ute, '69 Mercury Cougar XR7 S-code, '96 XH Ex-pork van
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks man, when you drop it let me know how much tyre clearance you have on the guard lip as it radius' in? Is it a rolled lip from factory or still flat bottomed?
Sponsored