Sponsored

Anyone leaving the ngauge mounted in the car? Where?

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
I just ordered an ngauge with Lund tune to go with the JLT intake and MBRP 3" cat back. You guys with ngauge leaving it plugged in? Where are you mounting it?

I really don't want something like the windshield mount, want it to be discreet or not there at all.
Sponsored

OP
OP

madsedan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT, PP/Prem
Looks good Matt, what do you have it wired in to? Think I should replace the vacuum gauge with the n gauge in my pp gt?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I have mine on the windshield suction cup mount at the base of the a-pillar.

Looks good Matt, what do you have it wired in to? Think I should replace the vacuum gauge with the n gauge in my pp gt?
The ngauge won't fit in the pp gauge, it's much larger.

matt713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium 401A
Thank you. It just stays plugged into the OBD2 port. Sorry just now realized you have a PP. I am not 100% sure but I believe the 2 gauges are a little bit smaller on a pp than my middle ac vent and may not fit if you want to replace one of the pp gauges with the nGauge. Maybe someone with a performance pack can chime in. Sorry about that.

Edit...yup stoli answered as I was typing.

Matt

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
No doubt that install looks very good, but one picture isn't always worth a thousand words.
Matt, care to chime-in on how you handled the unseen portion of this mod work like the gauge mounting and whether you plugged-off the center air duct or if you were able completely removed it in some manner?
Also were you able to do it all by accessing it from below without removing the dash?

matt713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium 401A
No doubt that install looks very good, but one picture isn't always worth a thousand words.
Matt, care to chime-in on how you handled the unseen portion of this mod work like the gauge mounting and whether you plugged-off the center air duct or if you were able completely removed it in some manner?
Also were you able to do it all by accessing it from below without removing the dash?
Sure, mounting the ngauge was fairly easy and went better then I expected. This is going to sound weird but the nguage just fits in the vent hole like it was made for it, all I did was wrap the outer part of the ngauge with electrical tape one time and some how the gauge secures very well and tight, once you do it, it will make perfect sense and you will see how nicely it fits. The only part of the dash I had to remove was the center brushed aluminum trim piece. I was able to run the wire from the OBD2 port to the ac vent without taking apart any of the dash on the drivers side.

As far as the ac vent goes, you really cant just remove the ac vent as the 3 vents are actually connected to one large molded plastic piece behind the 3 vents. (the air for the 3 vents come from the same place) I am concerned about the cold air blowing directly onto the back of the gauge and am in the middle of making something to deflect some of the air from blowing directly on the gauge. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Matt

kiko1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
this is how I mounted mine.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
As far as the ac vent goes, you really cant just remove the ac vent as the 3 vents are actually connected to one large molded plastic piece behind the 3 vents. (the air for the 3 vents come from the same place) I am concerned about the cold air blowing directly onto the back of the gauge and am in the middle of making something to deflect some of the air from blowing directly on the gauge. Hope that helps :thumbsup:
Matt
Yes, it's actually an air manifold I would assume. I do agree with your assessment on the re-directing of the middle duct air as well.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I have mine mounted like Stoli, and it is staying there.

I toyed with the idea of putting it in a vent, etc...but I really like the position of it being on the window at the lower portion of the A-Pillar.

That said, I am all about function > form.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
this is how I mounted mine.
That make more sense to use the left if you are going to mount in the vents, but I think I'd have a major ocd issue with the remaining vents being off balance aesthetically. yep -> :crazy:

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Regarding airflow, once the Ngauge blocks the vent opening, you shouldn't need to worry much about cold or hot air blowing on it. Since the flow is blocked, the air will be mostly stagnant around the gauge and will flow out the other vents instead.

A deflector of baffle might help of course, but it may not be necessary either.

Looks pretty cool mounted in the vents like that. I'd have a hard time deciding whether to do the left vent or center vent. Left makes sense functionally, but center is more symmetric.

-T

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
I guess I am an idiot....although I have never mounted anything to the window. How the hell does the NGauge attach to the window mount???
Sponsored