Sponsored

Anyone have the new UPR Billet Oil Pan Drain Plug with Easy Drain Valve?

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Joe is it possible for the plug to vibrate and cause the threaded portion to screw inward causing oil to drain?

This is my main concern, once screwed outward, sealing the ring, daily driving would cause vibration to drive the o ring back causing a potential leak/drain oil?

Doesn't look to be anything locking it into the closed position (threads showing) ?
Thanks
I just did an oil change with the UPR valve after about 4000 miles, not a single problem at all with leaking. it does drain a little slow though, much slower than the OEM plug.
Sponsored

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
two oil changes, one track day and all kinds of twisty gear changing mountain carving runs. No leaks what so ever

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Just an update:

So far it works well. It is rather slow to drain. In the end, I still remove it to get the last bit of oil out of the bottom of the pan.

I tried to us the metal tabs to turn it but that was rather uncomfortable and ended grabbing the blue knob and black body to turn it. When I went to reinstall it, all was fine except that the blue knob seemed to get stuck in the open position. Needed a pair of plyers to get it to loosen and close.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
I have the UPR drain plug and catch can. Both are fantastic. You don’t have to remove the entire plug for oil change, but I’m ocd so I’ll usually do it just to check the magnet. But it’s very nice. Would recommend.

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I have the UPR drain plug and catch can. Both are fantastic. You don’t have to remove the entire plug for oil change, but I’m ocd so I’ll usually do it just to check the magnet. But it’s very nice. Would recommend.
I thought so too but when I went to look up the instructions, they say to clean the magnet and also inspect the rings.

Caution: It is best to perform an engine oil service when the engine has been allowed to cool. The UPR Billet Drain Plug is in direct contact with engine oil and WILL BE HOT to the touch if the engine is still at operating temperature. Use Gloves and Protective Gear when servicing the vehicle. It is important to clean and inspect the Billet Oil Drain Plug magnet and O ring. Replace O ring as needed. If the retaining tabs on the UPR Billet Drain Plug become loose or damaged, do not reinstall until they are repaired properly or the drain plug is replaced. Applying light pressure to bend them back into shape is acceptable as long as the retaining tabs properly engage the retaining groove in the oil pan.
Since I have jacking rails, I tend to have the car on all four stands when changing the oil. Tend to swap from winter to summer and back during this time as well. To me, the plug will still keep some quantity of oil in the pan that without removal, you will not get it all out. I have been toying with the idea of making a set of ramps so that the pan is more tilted back but haven't yet.