Sponsored

Anyone have experience with these lifts?

G8rbcn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 & Audi A5 SB (RIP 2020 Explorer)

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
No fxckā€™n way in hell I would use that type of lift. There are much better options out there. Comes down to ceiling height.

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Wouldnā€™t one be limited to only doing minor jobs, such as tire and oil changes with any of these lifts? I wonder if saving for a good 2 post lift would be better?

Sponsored

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I don't know if I would trust that style of jack to work under..

OP
OP
G8rbcn

G8rbcn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 & Audi A5 SB (RIP 2020 Explorer)
Thanks everyone above. Will probably stick with the usual suspects.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know if I would trust that style of jack to work under..
The jack is just to lift the car. I wouldn't work under any jack without stands. (excluding a lift of course - but due to a herniated disk in my neck, i'd rather lay on my back to work on a car)

I also knew of someone who was smashed by a car when i was a kid so it probably traumatized me. lol

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
The jack is just to lift the car. I wouldn't work under any jack without stands. (excluding a lift of course - but due to a herniated disk in my neck, i'd rather lay on my back to work on a car)

I also knew of someone who was smashed by a car when i was a kid so it probably traumatized me. lol
I see where your coming from. Even when I got the 7000lbs Quick Jacks I was nervous until I actually worked on it. I can push on the sides and it doesn't move. The Locking Rails are heavy duty thick steel. I got over it, but took a few times under car to feel I was pretty safe. And I am a very Safety Conscious person. Good Luck

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I live in California.
An earthquake took the life of someone working under his car a while back. Never really heard what kind of system he was using but it obviously wasnā€™t enough. Wasnā€™t really that big of a quake either.

Sponsored

FKE SNK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350, 93 Cobra clone
I find the Quickjacks to be a solid option. Even with a 2 post lift, I wouldn't mind picking up a set if the price were right just for the ease of use and convenience.

The lifts in question just look like they turn your car into a see-saw. Fundamentally, I just don't see the point.

The Rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ive got the Quickjack 7000. Bought it mainly for oil change, tire change, etc. since I hate the process of jacking and setting jack stands on my gt350. Ive got a project fox body that I'll use if for as well. They're plenty solid and I have no problem being under the car while its up on them.
I got the 7000lb because they were on sale at Costco but Id probably recommend them over the 5000lb anyways.

Oh and the fact that they are portable and can be hung up on the wall is crucial for anyone that doesn't want to permanently sacrifice shop space for a lift.

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
I see where your coming from. Even when I got the 7000lbs Quick Jacks I was nervous until I actually worked on it. I can push on the sides and it doesn't move. The Locking Rails are heavy duty thick steel. I got over it, but took a few times under car to feel I was pretty safe. And I am a very Safety Conscious person. Good Luck
Its the same reason i bought the quick jacks. To be honest that system put my mind at ease for working underneath of the car. I used to double up my jacking with stands and keeping the jack in place before but even that made me uncomfortable. Like you said having the lock rails is awesome. I have climbed inside the car, in the trunk while up on the jacks and its solid as a rock. I think what pushed me over the top was watching the testing video of a quick Jack 5000. It can hold a butt load of weight before failure..More than i would ever put on it.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Quickjack. Much better than either of those.
Sponsored