Anyone else running without a belly pan?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic/Visual Mods (Exterior + Interior)' started by Tyeayo1, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Tyeayo1

Tyeayo1 Active Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Premium
    0   0   0
    Sooo....how necessary is the PP1 belly pan? I'm considering just doing without the belly pan altogether when replacing my chin spoiler, but concerned if theres anything more just a dirty underbelly....will it effect the aero at all? Has any of yous just slapped on a new chin spoiler and took out the non pp1 belly pan?

2. Ewheels

Ewheels Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT PP1, 2009 CBR600RR
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    It will absolutely negatively affect aero performance. That flat bottom in the front generates downforce and you will lose the brake scoops by removing it thereby eliminating your brake cooling. It is also used for rigidity for the bumper; holds it in place better. I would advise against removing it.

All that being said, if this is mainly a street car, then downforce and brake cooling are a non-issue.

3. zworld

zworld Well-Known Member

First Name:
    zane
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 mustang gt
    0   0   0
    They aren't cheap I just bought a new chin spoiler and had to upgrade the belly pan, best price I found was 162.00. But do you really want to cheap out on this upgrade, I wouldn't cut this corner!

4. OP
    OP
    Tyeayo1

Tyeayo1 Active Member

First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT Premium
    0   0   0
    I don't track it at all, and my "spirited driving" compared to most would be laughably timid, lol

That being said, I'll check with my local Ford dealer....see if they'll price match.