Sponsored

Anyone else running without a belly pan?

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Sooo....how necessary is the PP1 belly pan? I'm considering just doing without the belly pan altogether when replacing my chin spoiler, but concerned if theres anything more just a dirty underbelly....will it effect the aero at all? Has any of yous just slapped on a new chin spoiler and took out the non pp1 belly pan?
Sponsored

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
Sooo....how necessary is the PP1 belly pan? I'm considering just doing without the belly pan altogether when replacing my chin spoiler, but concerned if theres anything more just a dirty underbelly....will it effect the aero at all? Has any of yous just slapped on a new chin spoiler and took out the non pp1 belly pan?
It will absolutely negatively affect aero performance. That flat bottom in the front generates downforce and you will lose the brake scoops by removing it thereby eliminating your brake cooling. It is also used for rigidity for the bumper; holds it in place better. I would advise against removing it.

All that being said, if this is mainly a street car, then downforce and brake cooling are a non-issue.

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
They aren't cheap I just bought a new chin spoiler and had to upgrade the belly pan, best price I found was 162.00. But do you really want to cheap out on this upgrade, I wouldn't cut this corner!

OP
OP

Tyeayo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I don't track it at all, and my "spirited driving" compared to most would be laughably timid, lol

That being said, I'll check with my local Ford dealer....see if they'll price match.
Sponsored