Sponsored

Anyone added a 50th anniv emblem to the tail panel on their 2015?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why is the 2004 Mustang the 40th anniversary car and the 2015 the 50th?

It doesn't seem like Ford cares to be exact, why should we?
This was asked back in 2015. They waited for the 50th yr version to coincide with the S550 introduction. Since the 1964 1/2 was really a 1965 car it works, kind of.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Really the 2018 model should have been the 50th anniversary for the Bullitt car too. I suspect it was delayed due to the original betting found.
Exactly. It was originally slated for 2018 but as you know things changed.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Really the 2018 model should have been the 50th anniversary for the Bullitt car too. I suspect it was delayed due to the original betting found.
This was asked back in 2015. They waited for the 50th yr version to coincide with the S550 introduction. Since the 1964 1/2 was really a 1965 car it works, kind of.
Exactly. It was originally slated for 2018 but as you know things changed.
All of which kind of proves my point that Ford isn't above playing fast and loose with the "anniversary" thing.
So, for the OP, what difference does it make if he likes the 50 year emblam? None I can really see.. He wants to put it on a '15 car which, to me, is way less offensive than trying to make an EB look like a GT or a GT look like a Shelby...

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
All of which kind of proves my point that Ford isn't above playing fast and loose with the "anniversary" thing.
So, for the OP, what difference does it make if he likes the 50 year emblem? None I can really see.. He wants to put it on a '15 car which, to me, is way less offensive than trying to make an EB look like a GT or a GT look like a Shelby...
Thanks, and I think you described it best! Its definitely NOT a copy of the factory effort- they didnt put ANY fender emblems on the 50th. Im working on it now, but trying to start from scratch was difficult and expensive; Im going to try and modify a 40th badge- I like the satin and black design (attached); now I need someone that has access to a 3D printer to step up and help me! I need two #5's (3 w/be better if I mess up 1!) , it appears they are only .5" tall in Block style. Will measure the emblem to verify the size when it arrives. THANKS, George in NC

50th.png

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
My son has a good 3d printer if you will PM me dimensions and photos I'll see if he will put it to CAD and print it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
My son has a good 3d printer if you will PM me dimensions and photos I'll see if he will put it to CAD and print it.
OK, I ordered the emblem and it wont be here for a few days, but will definitely get them to you. The seller measured and told me 1/2" tall and 9/16 wide, approx, so since I want it to match the 0 (zero), I'll measure it including the thickness I will need after trimming off the 4, and let you know. Im thinking it should be fairly easy, but I've never used one of those printers.

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
OK, I ordered the emblem and it wont be here for a few days, but will definitely get them to you. The seller measured and told me 1/2" tall and 9/16 wide, approx, so since I want it to match the 0 (zero), I'll measure it including the thickness I will need after trimming off the 4, and let you know. Im thinking it should be fairly easy, but I've never used one of those printers.
THANKS THANKS THANKS- Im from WV- right on the border of KY

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Thanks, and I think you described it best! Its definitely NOT a copy of the factory effort- they didnt put ANY fender emblems on the 50th. Im working on it now, but trying to start from scratch was difficult and expensive; Im going to try and modify a 40th badge- I like the satin and black design (attached); now I need someone that has access to a 3D printer to step up and help me! I need two #5's (3 w/be better if I mess up 1!) , it appears they are only .5" tall in Block style. Will measure the emblem to verify the size when it arrives. THANKS, George in NC

50th.png
As promised, I just finished altering a FORD 40th Anniversary emblem to read 50th for my 2015 Mustang. A special thanks to member K4fxd in Kentucky for providing me with some 3D printed #5's. Waited or buy another used 40th emblem until I saw how the first one came out; it looks fine, definitely not perfect, but looks fine!

NOTE: My emblems w//mount on both front fenders where the 5.0 is on the V8 cars, NOT on the tail panel.

50th.png

IMG-0064.jpg

Last edited:

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
What is this, give the new guy crap week? I couldn't find a 2015 with the appearance package so I found a panel on ebay and swapped tail lights with a local member. I dont remember getting any crap for it; not that I would have cared. Is it a 2015? Then its the cars 50th year.

0809181905.jpg
For the longest time I thought that "wart "back there was for opening the trunk.
Sponsored