Sponsored

Anyone added a 50th anniv emblem to the tail panel on their 2015?

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Please yourself, not others (unless you're married to them).
Mine is only an Ecoboost:
03.jpg

I have added GT350 fenders, hood, front bumper cover and stripes... I like the looks and it's my car.

Enjoy your mods............... nice bell-bottoms too!

That is...interesting. I do have to ask, why are you trying to represent it as something it's not?
Sponsored

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
May I suggest something less specific?

20210816_172734.jpg
of course you can, but I'd prefer something unique- thus why I was hoping to find someone that could make up a unique one....

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 5.0 50th AY Appearance Pkg.
Vehicle Showcase
Since you have what some here say is the real deal, it looks like the fenders just have 5.0- and any OFFICIAL Anniv cars must have had to included the V8. So the only mention of the 50th is the back panel emblem?
My car is the factory anniversary appearance package: The leather seats are embossed with the galloping horse and the 50 years emblem, there's the 50 years icon above the glove compartment, and the deck lid and the 19" rims. Not sure of the numbers of those made in the MY 15.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Having a 2015 doesn’t make it a anniversary addition
You are not correct in saying “addition”, it’s “edition”. And BTW, his car is a 2015…50 years is 50 years. 👍

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
My car is the factory anniversary appearance package: The leather seats are embossed with the galloping horse and the 50 years emblem, there's the 50 years icon above the glove compartment, and the deck lid and the 19" rims. Not sure of the numbers of those made in the MY 15.
Being a Mopar expert, I know models like the Formula S Barracuda had to include certain items to qualify for the Badge. Did the Mustang have requirements for your model, like the V8? What paint colors were offered?

Last edited:

Sponsored

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The limited edition came in 2 colors, blue and white. Not sure of the "official" named colors of those 2. As far as the appearance packages, I've seen a grey convertible, but have not seen other colors. Someone in this forum could answer that. I've heard that Ford made less appearance packaged 50 years than the 1964 limited editions. But I'm not sure of the numbers.

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Stay dry and inside!

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Love the Mach 1 you had as your first car in the photo above. To answer your question though, the OEM emblem (ecoboost pony, tribar pony for V6 and GT emblems) all have 4 plastic prongs that are bolted through the decklid connecting to the actual emblem. To debadge the deckled, there are 2 methods. One is going through the trunk liner and completely removing the decklid and then removing the OEM emblem (there are lots of youtube vids out there for that) while the other is just carefully breaking the emblem off without removal of the decklid. Based on the circumference of the badge you are looking at online, it would fit and cover up the holes as long as it is centered correctly. Not one for badge swapping but to each their own. Good luck on the change out.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Mindo 389 (is that 389 the engine you had in your GTO?). Since you have what some here say is the real deal, it looks like the fenders just have 5.0- and any OFFICIAL Anniv cars must have had to included the V8. So the only mention of the 50th is the back panel emblem?
Different decklid emblem, front grille, rims and interior enhancements. The 5.0 emblem is the same.

OP
OP
burrpenick

burrpenick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
george
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang
Love the Mach 1 you had as your first car in the photo above. To answer your question though, the OEM emblem (ecoboost pony, tribar pony for V6 and GT emblems) all have 4 plastic prongs that are bolted through the decklid connecting to the actual emblem. To debadge the deckled, there are 2 methods. One is going through the trunk liner and completely removing the decklid and then removing the OEM emblem (there are lots of youtube vids out there for that) while the other is just carefully breaking the emblem off without removal of the decklid. Based on the circumference of the badge you are looking at online, it would fit and cover up the holes as long as it is centered correctly. Not one for badge swapping but to each their own. Good luck on the change out.
I never went for the idea of one for the tail end-and dont like the 50th FORD used there either. I like the stock one there just fine, its the front fenders Im interested in something for- no side stripes so its kind of plain. My car is the 50th year of the Mustang and I've always admired the 40th anniversary badge, so Im hoping to possibly alter one to say 50!

Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I never went for the idea of one for the tail end-and dont like the 50th FORD used there either. I like the stock one there just fine, its the front fenders Im interested in something for- no side stripes so its kind of plain. My car is the 50th year of the Mustang and I've always admired the 40th anniversary badge, so Im hoping to possibly alter one to say 50!
Oh gotcha, sorry I thought you were talking about the deck lid emblem. There are a few stick on badges available out there I think, but nothing for 50th anniversary. Ford never had a 50th fender badge like they did for the 40s. Post a pic of you ever get a custom 50th 3D badge made.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
That is...interesting. I do have to ask, why are you trying to represent it as something it's not?
Well, I also added GT350 rear suspension, front suspension, interior, wheels, brakes, rear spoiler, and a 5.2 liter VooDoo engine.
I like it...!!!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
How bout fake bullet hole decals , nice tight pattern

Even if it were not, that's perfection, look how tight & even the gaps are, very critical & impressive.

Spartan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green GT 400A
Well, I also added GT350 rear suspension, front suspension, interior, wheels, brakes, rear spoiler, and a 5.2 liter VooDoo engine.
I like it...!!!

Haha, OK, you got me. Was going to say, a nice looking replica. Good stuff.

mindo389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I guess badges are for eye candy. Just because I took a 351 Cleveland and put it into my '72 Coupe didn't make it a Mach 1. But it sure did haul ass!
Sponsored