Sponsored

Anybody successful with a buyback after engine replacement?

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
I've tried searching but I've seen minimal info. Feel free to PM.

Thanks!
Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I was not, but i did not push very hard. There has been a few in the facebook group that were persistent enough to get it done though. One of them swung a deal for a buyback, but it included the purchase of an R too...unsure if that made the deal any different.

If i knew then what i do now, I would’ve absolutely pushed harder. I got an extended warranty and was fine with that at the time...but when i listed it for sale, there was zero interest, and it was at a price that similar cars(with original motor) received interest. You absolutely take a hit in value, even with a new motor and extended warranty that’s transferable to the next owner.

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would also really appreciate hearing anyone's GT350 buyback or extended warranty stories and the reasoning you used to persuade Ford to make the situation whole.

f10550i

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I was not, but i did not push very hard. There has been a few in the facebook group that were persistent enough to get it done though. One of them swung a deal for a buyback, but it included the purchase of an R too...unsure if that made the deal any different.

If i knew then what i do now, I would’ve absolutely pushed harder. I got an extended warranty and was fine with that at the time...but when i listed it for sale, there was zero interest, and it was at a price that similar cars(with original motor) received interest. You absolutely take a hit in value, even with a new motor and extended warranty that’s transferable to the next owner.
Could you please share more about your experience or post a link? Did you end up selling your car and at what discount to the market value? I am assuming the engine replacement went on the carfax? If you can link the referenced Facebook group, that would be helpful also. Thanks in advance

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Could you please share more about your experience or post a link? Did you end up selling your car and at what discount to the market value? I am assuming the engine replacement went on the carfax? If you can link the referenced Facebook group, that would be helpful also. Thanks in advance
The group is ford shelby gt350 owners...sometimes good info, sometimes not lol...but lots of it nonetheless. Search around and you may find some answers. It’s not kept in as easy to find format as a forum, but there’s more people there.

I’m unsure on the carfax, but i listed it in my ad. I told Ford i wasn’t too happy with this whole process and they offered a 7yr/100k Powertrain or 5/60k on everything, and the buyer could have it transferred for a small fee. I chose 7yr/100k, but decided to sell...no bites. So i traded it and they actually gave me 48k towards their car. It was the best deal available and i’m Enjoying the new car now.

For reference all others when talking trade value were mid to low 40s.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The group is ford shelby gt350 owners...sometimes good info, sometimes not lol...but lots of it nonetheless. Search around and you may find some answers. It’s not kept in as easy to find format as a forum, but there’s more people there.

I’m unsure on the carfax, but i listed it in my ad. I told Ford i wasn’t too happy with this whole process and they offered a 7yr/100k Powertrain or 5/60k on everything, and the buyer could have it transferred for a small fee. I chose 7yr/100k, but decided to sell...no bites. So i traded it and they actually gave me 48k towards their car. It was the best deal available and i’m Enjoying the new car now.

For reference all others when talking trade value were mid to low 40s.
I just noticed...… You bought a 1LE? Thoughts? Impressions? I would respect your opinion.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I just noticed...… You bought a 1LE? Thoughts? Impressions? I would respect your opinion.
well, i'd never even considered it until i had such bad luck with the 350. i didn't feel like the Ford rep really cared what i said until i told him this car made me consider other brands...in all honestly, it was too late to be saved. there are too many choices of awesome cars to let a bad apple and sucky dealership make you regret buying what should be your pride and joy.

the 1LE is exactly what you see on reviews...a rough riding, unapologetic, brute of a car that is a blast to drive. seriously, i have been smiling since i got it. the low end torque is unreal and the tranny/shifter is buttery smooth. i can't even go over 4k rpm right now and i am still having fun. i resisted for months, because i'm a mustang guy at heart...but this was the right decision.

it is my opinion that many more will go through what i did with this car, so i'm sticking around to help when i can, not to bad mouth my experience nor the car/brand. it just wasn't fun and i really hope the GM dealer can fare better...if not, i will buy older out of warranty cars and we will do the work ourselves

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
I've tried searching but I've seen minimal info. Feel free to PM.

Thanks!
After one engine I didnt even consider it an option. I got a brand new engine and numbers matching was not of concern to me as I was driving the piss out of the car on and off track. After a second engine however, deal was struck with relative ease. You really need to look into you local laws as they vary substantially by state.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
well, i'd never even considered it until i had such bad luck with the 350. i didn't feel like the Ford rep really cared what i said until i told him this car made me consider other brands...in all honestly, it was too late to be saved. there are too many choices of awesome cars to let a bad apple and sucky dealership make you regret buying what should be your pride and joy.

the 1LE is exactly what you see on reviews...a rough riding, unapologetic, brute of a car that is a blast to drive. seriously, i have been smiling since i got it. the low end torque is unreal and the tranny/shifter is buttery smooth. i can't even go over 4k rpm right now and i am still having fun. i resisted for months, because i'm a mustang guy at heart...but this was the right decision.

it is my opinion that many more will go through what i did with this car, so i'm sticking around to help when i can, not to bad mouth my experience nor the car/brand. it just wasn't fun and i really hope the GM dealer can fare better...if not, i will buy older out of warranty cars and we will do the work ourselves
You are a class act, thank you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Edward

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Lightning
Surprised that there's not more experiences. I suppose that those who did do buybacks likely moved on to another car and don't come here anymore.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Surprised that there's not more experiences. I suppose that those who did do buybacks likely moved on to another car and don't come here anymore.
I don't understand what's so surprising. I can't say that getting to the point of meeting the law requirements and then actually negotiating a buyback is a pleasant one. Maybe that's why no one is responding.

I didn't move on I bought an R.

Ixse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Even when all the stars align to meet requirements for buyback, usually corporate will try to deny as much as possible. For better success, you need an attorney to negotiate. Theres a guy that tried to do buyback on his hellcat, and it was shit load of hassle. Heres youtube link :

Relak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 - Oxford White
After one engine I didnt even consider it an option. I got a brand new engine and numbers matching was not of concern to me as I was driving the piss out of the car on and off track. After a second engine however, deal was struck with relative ease. You really need to look into you local laws as they vary substantially by state.

This^

I was successful in getting a buyback replacement vehicle but only after months of phone calls with ford and the BBB. In Maryland there is a clause in the lemon law that states if your car is undrivable for a certain amount of time in the first 10k miles then it is considered a lemon. I used this clause because my car was in the shop for four months out of the first year of owner ship with engine issues, ac evap, panel fitment, electrical issues.

At the end of the day you need to know what your states lemon laws are and what you’re willing to do to get that car bought back. It may cost you money in the end, mine did. I had ppf installed on the first one, ceramic tint, ceramic clear coat, and an mgw shifter. When I got my new Shelby they only replaced the MGW shifter for me, which I consider to be lucky. A lot of guys payed ADM for their Shelby’s but in a buyback they would not see any of that money back, I fortunately got mine at MSRP back in 2016. Everyone’s story and ending will be different., but if you have the case to make and feel like it’s worth your time then you should do what you need to in order to make it right. Best of luck
Sponsored