Sponsored

Anybody buying this media fueled COVID-19 bull schitt?

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Still think it is fake?
Screenshot (1133).png
Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
It says a lot when Reagans old economic advisor comes on national TV in a interview and says Trump is the best President we ever had. Considering that I felt Reagan was the best President during my lifetime says a lot.

With Trump the economy has been the best, the unemployment rate was the best ever.
I highly doubt he would purposely put all that success in a election year in jeopardy with the pandemic.

The Democratic Party is the real story. They care so much about Americans they wanted voting polls open during a pandemic and slowed the stimulus package for frivolous political gains on items they wanted. There is not one Democratic nominee or Biden (who is suffering from Dementia or onset Alzheimer’s) that I would want leading me through the pandemic right now.
Think about how many Americans would have died with those Democratic idiots waiting longer to shut down business the economy. You would have had mass casualties worse then what’s going on in NY. The economy would be worse and not recover as quickly as it’s going to if we would have waited for that scenario come to fruition.

Trump will be re-elected again. Especially when the economy bounces back in a big way.
Biden is not fit or capable of running this country. Democrats screwed the pooch not having a viable candidate (which there are some that would be a great Presidential candidate).
Pelosi is a idiot
I believe it was quite the opposite regarding who insisted on having voting in person during a pandemic.
Thats just cultish following when night becomes day .
Anyway, I agree there too much finger pointing . There is plenty of blame to go round and there will be plenty of time for that later .
No ones has been perfect in their response . Sure the W.H.O probably could have done more but when they did sound the alarm. someone was not listening (for example saying their fatality numbers are wrong based on a “hunch” it was lower ).
Almost everyone is being affected and this is time to put the partisan bickering aside .

I am grateful to still be working as an inpatient /ER psychiatrist and can’t claim to have the level of exposure some my colleagues have ... for now,

It looks like we are going to be asked soon to double as ER physicians if needed .

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Sorry for the long post

It says a lot when Reagans old economic advisor comes on national TV in a interview and says Trump is the best President we ever had. Considering that I felt Reagan was the best President during my lifetime says a lot.
Reagan was elected in a recession. The growth that took place was actually just growth you would expect to see coming out of any recession. Trickle-down economics, the idea that cutting taxes for the rich would cause them to spend more, invest more and result in creating jobs for others. 40 years on, and the reach has gotten way richer while the lower and middle classes have not benefited in the way the theory suggested. This is why the income gap has grown over the past 3-4 decades rather than closed. The 80s cemented wage stagnation that the 50s and 60s saw huge leaps in.

The reality is that the rich have less marginal demand and that they don't invest money when there isn't demand to justify investments. A tax cut doesn't mean they'll buy more cars or homes or go out to eat more. They won't hire workers or build a factory just because they paid less in taxes if the business itself doesn't have demand for its goods or services to justify the investment in more people or equipment. Sure, some of that money might get spent or invested but not immediately and not all of it. Meanwhile, more money in the hands of lower-income workers would very likely get spent quickly. There is pent up demand for new cars, better housing, more clothing, furniture, more eating out, etc. from those with limited means. This increased demand would boot businesses and then promote investment in growing the business to meet rising demand.

After 40+ years of practice, it is safe to say Reaganomics was not effective even though the GOP continues to push it as the main part of their economic policy. The joke is: the opposite of Reaganomics is prosperity.

With Trump the economy has been the best, the unemployment rate was the best ever.
Based on what? The GDP and Dow jones? Surely, not based on companies being able to afford overheard in a downturn. Our economy was growing at roughly the same rate it had been since the early 2010s. Eventually we were going to hit another downturn, like so. So the big question is how prepared are we going to be for that downturn, and what has Trump and congress done to prepare? And the answer is we weren't and they didn't.

Trump placed an unprecedented amount of pressure on the fed to keep interest rates low, despite the healthy economy, for fear it would hurt the stock market. So when the next downturn hit, we wouldn't be able to lower interest rates more to stimulate the economy. However, we did anyway and that blew up in his face... again.

The Keynesian school of thought teaches us that the gov't should go into debt during economic downturns to stimulate the economy and limit the depths of a recession. When the economy is healthy and prospering those debts should be paid down. Instead, we passed a huge economic stimulus package in the form of tax cuts despite the fact any stimulus proposed by Obama in our last recession was battled against by republicans led by McConnel so here we are fighting again.

GDP and the stock market have been healthy for about a decade now. But there were plenty of valid reasons to criticize the stewardship of the economy and now they're all manifesting because of this pandemic.

I highly doubt he would purposely put all that success in a election year in jeopardy with the pandemic.
Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.

Feb. 26: “So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.” — Trump at a White House briefing.

Feb. 26: “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” — Trump at a press conference.

Do I need to go on? The problem is the man doesn't know any better and doesn't listen to expert opinions.

The Democratic Party is the real story. They care so much about Americans they wanted voting polls open during a pandemic
What? Democrats want mail-in voting to be a possibility while Republicans would rather Democrats not be able to vote at all. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/09/wisconsin-republicans-primary-democracy

Trump will be re-elected again. Especially when the economy bounces back in a big way.
Very possible, I do not like Joe Biden at all. Basically which serial sexual harasser you like more.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Thats absolutely a lie . Wow .
Man your TDS is strong dude! It is a fact. Just go on their twitter page. ( )

Here is the snip in case they delete the tweet
WHO TWEET.JPG

Sponsored

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged

WHO TWEET.JPG
Yeah, they were wrong. This was their preliminary report, based on findings by Chinese authorities. Unfortunately, the WHO believed these reports by the Chinese. It's a good thing science doesn't just find a result and run with it. They checked and re-checked and that's why we are here. Stop living in the past.

Edit: When your options are study the evidence you don't trust, or be left completely in the dark about an infectious disease what do you do?

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
Again, if Trump would not have down played this from the beginning (to the public), and hit you all with a nationwide lock down from the start, telling citizens millions of deaths were going to ensue, mass hysteria and looting would have taken place all across the nation on top of losing the economy and jobs. All you have to do is look at what happened with face masks, cleaning supplies, sanitizers, toilet tissue, guns, ammo, food, etc. without a mass hysteria. That effect was felt in rural towns in my area and I can only imagine how horrible it was in a big city with mass population.

Trump and his task force handled this exactly like it needed to be handled. Trickling information on a need to know basis while still trying to figure out exactly what was going on since factual info was never given by China or WHO.
Trump and the task force are still doing a great job.

Come holler at me at the end of the year on how well the economy, small businesses and your jobs have rebounded since April.

Make America Great Again round two

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

WHO TWEET.JPG
... and please put the the koolaid down .

Like I said before, the W.H.O ‘s response was far from perfect and may be they should have been more skeptical regarding information they were given by the Chinese authorities.

However they did put out a warning to all global health leaders to be vigilant and keep looking out for signs of human to human transmission the same week.

Your refusal to acknowledge the glaring shortcomings of the Trump’s administration initial response as clearly outlined in a post above is nothing short of cultish .
85863EA7-2E39-42EA-9A28-14ED91C93B65.png
9C278CB2-F236-4BAE-88EB-11B93F3EF673.png

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
Again, if Trump would not have down played this from the beginning (to the public), and hit you all with a nationwide lock down from the start, telling citizens millions of deaths were going to ensue, mass hysteria and looting would have taken place all across the nation on top of losing the economy and jobs. All you have to do is look at what happened with face masks, cleaning supplies, sanitizers, toilet tissue, guns, ammo, food, etc. without a mass hysteria. That effect was felt in rural towns in my area and I can only imagine how horrible it was in a big city with mass population.

Trump and his task force handled this exactly like it needed to be handled. Trickling information on a need to know basis while still trying to figure out exactly what was going on since factual info was never given by China or WHO.
Trump and the task force are still doing a great job.

Come holler at me at the end of the year on how well the economy, small businesses and your jobs have rebounded since April.

Make America Great Again round two
Yeah, failing the biggest test of your presidency in spectacular fashion. Make America unprepared again.

Not surprising coming from the man who thought the disgraced former Secretary of the Navy's actions were correct. Lawd have mercy.

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
Reagan was elected in a recession. The growth that took place was actually just growth you would expect to see coming out of any recession. Trickle-down economics, the idea that cutting taxes for the rich would cause them to spend more, invest more and result in creating jobs for others. 40 years on, and the reach has gotten way richer while the lower and middle classes have not benefited in the way the theory suggested. This is why the income gap has grown over the past 3-4 decades rather than closed. The 80s cemented wage stagnation that the 50s and 60s saw huge leaps in.

The reality is that the rich have less marginal demand and that they don't invest money when there isn't demand to justify investments. A tax cut doesn't mean they'll buy more cars or homes or go out to eat more. They won't hire workers or build a factory just because they paid less in taxes if the business itself doesn't have demand for its goods or services to justify the investment in more people or equipment. Sure, some of that money might get spent or invested but not immediately and not all of it. Meanwhile, more money in the hands of lower-income workers would very likely get spent quickly. There is pent up demand for new cars, better housing, more clothing, furniture, more eating out, etc. from those with limited means. This increased demand would boot businesses and then promote investment in growing the business to meet rising demand.

After 40+ years of practice, it is safe to say Reaganomics was not effective even though the GOP continues to push it as the main part of their economic policy. The joke is: the opposite of Reaganomics is prosperity.
You fundamentally don't get that there is no level of taxation that will satisfy a rapacious Federal/State/Local bureaucracy. You also do not get that creating wealth does not remove it from someone else, and that is the definition of how the tech billion and millionaires accumulated their fabulous wealth.

In other words, you fail at a basic fundamental level to understand what drives people to succeed in our constitutional republic.

CA, IL and NY have to be shitting their pants because their utter strangulation of new business formation by fee and regulation is gonna gut them after the dust settles from the virus and no businesses rise to replace all the bankrupted small companies.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
You can very clearly see now how it's been the "best" - it crumbled completely in two weeks. It was "best" for some, rest was supposed to be happy they had jobs.

Look at European countries (I know - I expect a lot) - they were hit just as hard and have not laid off 1/10 of the country off. That's the real strength of economy. The bullshit stimulus package (PPP) is going through the banks (and is a disaster anyway - I have very close friend working for the bank on that very program) - do you think they're doing it for free ? Whose money they get their fees from ? Yours and mine.

Beside, it's all moot point. You've used past tense correctly. It has been. Gone and won't be back soon. Not sure what industry you work for, but mine does not expect recovery to pre-covid levels for at least 3 years - and those are realistic predictions, not propaganda.

He had a pretty decent chance of getting reelected (as much as I hate to admit it) had this not come or had he made right steps to act.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
You fundamentally don't get that there is no level of taxation that will satisfy a rapacious Federal/State/Local bureaucracy.
What point are you trying to make? Do you understand what the Laffer curve is? Because I don't think you understand economics at all.

I'll do you one better. What's the point of good corporate governance and fiscal responsibility? Companies that leveraged themselves to the moon did stock buybacks to hyper-inflate their stock price, live on constant debt instead of good balance sheets are now being bailed out by unlimited QE. Free money to cover your mistakes. Why would anyone run a good business? Just cheat and scheme and get bailed out over and over again.

You also do not get that creating wealth does not remove it from someone else, and that is the definition of how the tech billion and millionaires accumulated their fabulous wealth.
Weird how all these billionaire companies got all these tax breaks and have all these tax avoidance schemes and still can't afford to pay their overhead. It's almost as if they either have insane amounts of corporate debt or just don't circulate as much money as you seem to believe they do.

In other words, you fail at a basic fundamental level to understand what drives people to succeed in our constitutional republic.
What fundamental level is that? Are we talking about abusing bankruptcy loopholes, tax avoidance, and nepotism? Because that's exactly what Trump did. Those 'succeeding' Airline/Hotel/Cruise/bankrupt companies are doing everyone that has a pension and retirement with them real good right now, lmao. It turns out just because you make a ton of money doesn't mean you're doing the world a favor and are benevolent and beyond reproach.

CA, IL and NY have to be shitting their pants because their utter strangulation of new business formation by fee and regulation is gonna gut them after the dust settles from the virus and no businesses rise to replace all the bankrupted small companies.
No idea, but I wouldn't bet against NY and CA as they are two of the largest small business states.

Edit: Maybe learn how US business economics should work.

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
Yeah, failing the biggest test of your presidency in spectacular fashion. Make America unprepared again.

Not surprising coming from the man who thought the disgraced former Secretary of the Navy's actions were correct. Lawd have mercy.
You must not have ever served in the military. Military did exactly what would be expected by anyone who has served our country and know how the military works. A civilian thinks like you have about the military’s reaction to what the captain did. FYI being fired from the carrier doesn’t mean he has been kicked out of the military. His worse case scenario is a desk job on land for a period of time, then commissioned another boat. But being thought of so highly in the military community he will probably be commissioned another boat with not so much fire power and men to prove his worth.

SouthernCyclone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang 3.7 TT
You can very clearly see now how it's been the "best" - it crumbled completely in two weeks. It was "best" for some, rest was supposed to be happy they had jobs.

Look at European countries (I know - I expect a lot) - they were hit just as hard and have not laid off 1/10 of the country off. That's the real strength of economy. The bullshit stimulus package (PPP) is going through the banks (and is a disaster anyway - I have very close friend working for the bank on that very program) - do you think they're doing it for free ? Whose money they get their fees from ? Yours and mine.

Beside, it's all moot point. You've used past tense correctly. It has been. Gone and won't be back soon. Not sure what industry you work for, but mine does not expect recovery to pre-covid levels for at least 3 years - and those are realistic predictions, not propaganda.

He had a pretty decent chance of getting reelected (as much as I hate to admit it) had this not come or had he made right steps to act.
The economy has crumbled because Trump had to shut the economy down to save lives and your life as a matter of fact. The economy will bounce back stronger then you think. All these Americans holed up in their houses will be eager to work and spend money. You have money because Trump and Congress passed bills giving you the majority of your pay via unemployment, a job to go back to when this is over and stimulus money for you to have why not working.
Making the business loans a grant if retaining its employees with no penalty was genius.

Your comparing European countries to the USA, most them have the population of one State in the USA. If you think of European countries so highly pack your bags up and move to Europe no one is stopping you. The grass isn’t always greener.

watisthis

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Pro-charged
You must not have ever served in the military
I did 7 years in 3rd bat and 3 years elsewhere.

Military did exactly what would be expected by anyone who has served our country and know how the military works
Yes, Captain Crozier did what any good leader should do and put his men's safety and mission readiness before anything else including his own career.

A civilian thinks like you have about the military’s reaction to what the captain did.
Apparently, it wasn't just me considering Captain Crozier got the greatest send-off I have ever seen a Navy officer get. Also, disgraced former Sec of the Navy Modly resigned.

FYI being fired from the carrier doesn’t mean he has been kicked out of the military.
I didn't say he was kicked out, I said he was relieved of duty. Let's not twist my words here.

Turns out no one thought Modly's actions were justified. He would then travel nearly 8000 miles to Guam to berate thousands of sailors, the same sailors that Captain Crozier saved and who gave Crozier one HELL of a send off, later saying he stood 'by every word,' and then subsequently apologizing for the remarks less than a day later. The entire process by Modly was spineless and shameful. I'm glad the clown stepped down, opens the door for less toxic leadership.
Sponsored