Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
…For me, it takes at least 20-25 minutes to get to a road with 70 mph speed limit and no average speed cameras (for miles).

…Then maybe another 5-10 minutes to get to quieter roads which allow "spirited" driving.

…So to have some fun I'm looking at 45-50 mins round trip of either city driving or driving in average speed cameras for miles.
Here’s a tip from someone who’s daily driven sportscars for decades: make a driving circuit on your route to work with the best roundabouts, sharp turns, and highway onramps you can find.

and…it’s not about driving at a top speed. How quickly you get to the speed limit is the fun 🍻🍻.

— Mike
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
There are drivers and there are passengers that sit behind the wheel.

Drivers do not get bored with a car, and the least boring car to drive is manual.

First thing done after turning on the ignition. Which means BTW before start up, > settings> display> off

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Thanks for all your feedback, I really appreciate it. I enjoy hearing everybody's own love and challenges of their cars. In reflecting on your comments and my own situation, I've started to come to the conclusion that I might actually be driving my car too much. Let me explain. I probably put 1,000 miles on in 5-6 weeks. Remember, that's 1,000 non-commuting miles. Many of you guys and gals seem to enjoy your cars on the weekends or even every other weekend. That time is special, you don't get to do it very often. For me, it's the opposite. I can drive the car almost any day weather permitting. What that means is that if I go for a 1.5-2 hour "fun" drive, I'll have 50 minutes of city traffic or average speed cameras. So, I have this annoying 50 minutes of driving quite regularly, which is bad. Then for the fun bit of the drive, because I do it so often, it perhaps is less special to me versus others that get to drive like that less frequently. Does that make sense? It's almost like I would enjoy the car more if I drove it less and make each occasion more special.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Get a Corolla and drive that everyday. After that, give it a month or two, get behind the Mustang and then tell us how you feel.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
To me it sounds you just hate the area that you live in, because it’s not V8 friendly.
I daily mine , but the drive to work is only 15min which hardly gets the car up to operating temp, for red line.
Once every couple of weeks I will get up early on a Sat/Sun morning and go for a solo boost up thru the hills before there’s any traffic on the roads. These drives are what makes me love my car.

food_fanaticz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT Premium
Here’s a tip from someone who’s daily driven sportscars for decades: make a driving circuit on your route to work with the best roundabouts, sharp turns, and highway onramps you can find.

and…it’s not about driving at a top speed. How quickly you get to the speed limit is the fun 🍻🍻.

— Mike
^This. Yesterday on my drive back home from work I didn't want to sit in traffic like usual so I took the scenic route along the water. It's a farther drive, but no stop lights just beautiful views and winding road :like:

Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
77299076_2623022777792499_3014925419540381696_o.jpg

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I live in a suburb. 99.9% of the time, the driving experience is the same as rowing the gears of a loaded dump truck. Nowhere to stretch the Mustang’s legs.

My advice is to start doing track days. If you can get real performance driving into your life, you won’t care about the day to day boredom so much.
That is 100% correct

FinitePrimus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Nearly every modern car is boring simply because they are sooo good in every aspect the experience is numbed to the point of no engagement unless at high speeds or track.

If you seek day to day enjoyment sell it and buy a perfect and updated 1950s-1970s car.

They are fun to drive, demand engagement, and feel fast with low hp making lots of noise.

I find the shopping and ordering to be way more fun than owning even when I'm 30 min away from unpopulated mountain roads that are barely a joy to drive on in a new car.
This is the reason for a huge resurgence in the Fox body market. Having come from several Fox bodies 1989-1992 I can say (from memory) they were a lot more fun to drive than my S550 even if they were high 13s with the minor mods I had done.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
This is the reason for a huge resurgence in the Fox body market. Having come from several Fox bodies 1989-1992 I can say (from memory) they were a lot more fun to drive than my S550 even if they were high 13s with the minor mods I had done.

Curious when the last time you drove a fox body?
I picked up a beautiful 22K original 5 speed 93 LX 5.0 convertible 3 years ago (had been 20 years since I had driven a fox body)

I had the same memories as you.....

That car stock was crap. I added 4.11s/ headers/ full exhaust/ sub frame connectors/ springs and a bunch of other bolt ons

Still crap so I sold it

I think with a 347 stoker and a blower it would have been fun but I didnt feel like dropping that much coin into it

I remember back in the day- I loved my fox bodies- owned about 7-8 of them..... crazy how after 20 years it became one of those Im getting old things lol

Sponsored

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
There are drivers and there are passengers that sit behind the wheel.

Drivers do not get bored with a car, and the least boring car to drive is manual.

First thing done after turning on the ignition. Which means BTW before start up, > settings> display> off
I made a quick and dirty cardboard cover using duct tape to stick it on the bezel. I know it's cheap but quickly attached, I will think of something more sophisticated. I could not handle it anymore th go though the screen every drive.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Get a Corolla and drive that everyday. After that, give it a month or two, get behind the Mustang and then tell us how you feel.
I could not agree more, this year in February we had 2 weeks of snow. Loved driving the GT again after that.
During the year I noticed it took about 3 days until I could not resist to drive the Mustang again, so having another daily driven car is well worth it to keep enjoying something special.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Drive mine daily, love it. I take the long way just because I like driving it. Windows down weather is music to my ears, and everyone loves the car.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I made a quick and dirty cardboard cover using duct tape to stick it on the bezel. I know it's cheap but quickly attached, I will think of something more sophisticated. I could not handle it anymore th go though the screen every drive.

German engineering at its finest .... :champagne: