2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I've owned my 2021 Mach 1 for about six weeks. I very much like the car, and living in the UK the car definitely gets a lot of attention from admirers. My question is for anyone that owns a performance car (any make) in a dense urban area. For me, it takes at least 20-25 minutes to get to a road with 70 mph speed limit and no average speed cameras (for miles). Then maybe another 5-10 minutes to get to quieter roads which allow "spirited" driving. So to have some fun I'm looking at 45-50 mins round trip of either city driving or driving in average speed cameras for miles. Admittedly, I have a manual so that adds to the annoyance of city driving, although to be honest, the manual in the city doesn't bother me much...it's just generally poking along in traffic or at 40 mph under average speed cameras that drives me crazy. I'm fortunate that my schedule allows me to go for fun drives in the middle of the day during the week, which is a luxury. I've admired nice sports cars for a very long time, but now that I finally bought one, I'm not really enjoying it given my location. I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Anybody else in urban areas think similarly? Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Getting to drive my car is what I look forward to. But, mine is not a daily, I'm lucky if I get to drive it once or twice a month
Similar to you, mine is not a daily, it's just an extra car.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I've owned my 2021 Mach 1 for about six weeks. I very much like the car, and living in the UK the car definitely gets a lot of attention from admirers. My question is for anyone that owns a performance car (any make) in a dense urban area. For me, it takes at least 20-25 minutes to get to a road with 70 mph speed limit and no average speed cameras (for miles). Then maybe another 5-10 minutes to get to quieter roads which allow "spirited" driving. So to have some fun I'm looking at 45-50 mins round trip of either city driving or driving in average speed cameras for miles. Admittedly, I have a manual so that adds to the annoyance of city driving, although to be honest, the manual in the city doesn't bother me much...it's just generally poking along in traffic or at 40 mph under average speed cameras that drives me crazy. I'm fortunate that my schedule allows me to go for fun drives in the middle of the day during the week, which is a luxury. I've admired nice sports cars for a very long time, but now that I finally bought one, I'm not really enjoying it given my location. I'm wondering if I should keep it or sell it. Anybody else in urban areas think similarly? Thanks.
Relocate.

Does the UK have a lof of speed cameras that issue tickets? They tried that here in the US but it was ended.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
6 weeks and you're already in doubts, that was fast 😄

You should take take it to a track hpde type of event, it will give you a whole new perspective of the car capabilities, how much you can push it how much more fun you can have. You just cannot get even close to that on public roads. I did just a couple events so far. I'm totally new to this myself, but I have much less interest in hunting for those fun quiet roads now, while having more appreciation for scenic driving type of experiences and just enjoying the car without the need to break speed limits. I also have full schedule of track events for next year :giggle:

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nope, this is the first car I've had where I don't get bored. Don't get me wrong, driving in traffic is never fun, especially with a manual. But the loud exhaust and presence and feel of the car entertains me at all times. I assume there's noise ordinances in England but I say look into enhancing the character of the car. It's better than feeling disappointed because you can rarely open the taps.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
This is why I bought the E/B HHP.
I can't safely use the 480hp v8 in much of the roadways I'll be using/driving on. And I work to much and have a family so taking a vacation week or a bunch of week ends to just go track the car isn't really in the cards.
I do have other v8 cars for when I need that lope and rumble and that bull in a china shop brutal torque .
I don't think I'd ever think of selling it just because the area I'll mostly be driving in the car can get past the speed limit in under 3 seconds. Stop sign/light jack rabbit starts to the speed limit is still fun.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Relocate.

Does the UK have a lof of speed cameras that issue tickets? They tried that here in the US but it was ended.
The UK has LOADS of speed cameras that issue tickets, and the average speed cameras are the worst. They take your picture and then 5 miles later take your picture and calculate your average speed. So you cannot just slow down at one point and then speed up again. It's literally miles and miles of average speed limitations.

Rilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Get involved in your local politics. Try to get things turned around for your community if it is too bad regardless of your political affiliation..

With respect to the car, how much rather drive my Mustang around town driving 25 then riding in a boring sedan. I think you'll also have a nice value on that car in a couple years. I would consider it as an investment then sell it.. I don't think you're going to lose out on too much money

Sponsored
OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
6 weeks and you're already in doubts, that was fast 😄

You should take take it to a track hpde type of event, it will give you a whole new perspective of the car capabilities, how much you can push it how much more fun you can have. You just cannot get even close to that on public roads. I did just a couple events so far. I'm totally new to this myself, but I have much less interest in hunting for those fun quiet roads now, while having more appreciation for scenic driving type of experiences and just enjoying the car without the need to break speed limits. I also have full schedule of track events for next year :giggle:
I've done track days with AMG Mercs including GTR and enjoyed them. Not sure I wanted to hammer my own car on a track. But I fully appreciate and know that track driving is totally different than road driving.

OP
OP
2021 Mach 1

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, this is the first car I've had where I don't get bored. Don't get me wrong, driving in traffic is never fun, especially with a manual. But the loud exhaust and presence and feel of the car entertains me at all times. I assume there's noise ordinances in England but I say look into enhancing the character of the car. It's better than feeling disappointed because you can rarely open the taps.
Lots of people mod their exhaust in the UK, so it's definitely available. It's not that I think I bought the wrong car, I think I'd feel the same even if I bought a Bugatti. It's that feeling of "what am I going to do with this?"

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Lots of people mod their exhaust in the UK, so it's definitely available. It's not that I think I bought the wrong car, I think I'd feel the same even if I bought a Bugatti. It's that feeling of "what am I going to do with this?"
Why did you buy it in the first place? What were you planning to do with it initially? And why did you chose Mach1 over a nicely spec'd and much lower cost GT if you never planned to take it to the track?

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
I daily mine and can't say I've gotten bored. I don't live in the city but it'll also take about 20 min to reach an area that's genuinely open and "safe." It also takes about 15-20 minutes to reach temps I'm comfortable redlining it so it works out.

Although, admittedly, if I lived somewhere that the most I could do is cruise or redline first then I would get bored. There's even an on ramp, by me, that no one uses. I can comfortably post up and do a pseudo 1/4 mile if I felt like it.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
i think we will have different points of view due to location, so my opinion may be moot to you. i’m about 3 weeks into my ownership, and i love it. i just hit break in, but even at that, i’m not going to be flooring it around here. i mentioned in another thread that in NJ, cops will be on your ass for anything, so I never really go over the speed limit, and they’re like 50 max here on main roads unless you hit the parkway, and then it’s 65, with most people doing 75-80 depending on the time of the day. However, i’m not running a front license plate which is illegal in NJ, so I don’t want to be any more of a target, so I relax. I feel the Stang is a great cruiser at low speeds because of that amazing 5.0 burble. I pop her into track exhaust every time i start her up, and even low speed sounds just so damn good. I would’ve never imagined getting the automatic, and I absolutely love the gearbox in this car. The car is comfortable, and has so many features I never had in my 2014 that i absolutely love, so to me, i find an excuse to get in the car and drive. I’ve already got swirl marks, i’ve already got 2 rock chips i had to touch up….but it is what it is. it’s my car that i’m driving and getting enjoyment out of, and these are things that are simply unavoidable. So to me, i absolutely love her!
Sponsored