Sponsored

Any benefit to supercharge newer engine?

smbsocal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT Vert, '17 C7 Z06, '19 BMW X5
I am loving my Mustang but want to add a SC to get a little more power out of it. I don't track or drag but want to get additional power under the hood. My '18 GT is a little over a year old and has 13k miles on it.

Is there any benefit to purchasing a new Mustang and putting on the Roush SC or is it better to take a broken in engine and add a SC to it? I know that I would get an additional 1 Year / 13k miles on the power train warranty with the new Mustang but of course I would be taking a hit trading in the old Mustang.
Sponsored

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
The car you have will be fine! I boosted mine at 10k, It has 15k on it now.

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
Should be fine. Only benefit is your starting with a healthy engine which is good.

Last edited:

Western Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ado
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 17 GT and installed a SC at 10,000 .. love it done 13,000

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Guess I am trying to figure out why a guy with a 17 Z06 and a 19 BMW X5 (what 160K in those two cars alone at minimum?) would be concerned over warranty on a Mustang? So what if you break it? Your loaded apparently......or so over extended you can't pay attention. Put the frickin SC package on it and enjoy it. A replacement long block is less than six months worth of payments on that X5 alone. Screw the warranty.

The only draw back is that you will then have to boost up your Z06 and your X5 to keep up with it. :like:

Just stay away from Roush. They are for old men who hang out at car shows in Jorts and New Balance tennis shoes...and drive..............oh never mind. I speak from personal experience with them. My current setup does have Roush on it, but I bought it already setup at a steal and retuned it so it would run like it should.

Look into the Edelbrock or Whipple setup. I know Edelbrock makes a CARB compliant package and it is a far cray better than anything Roush will produce. WHipple may offer something allowed in SoCAl as well.

If your in the LaJolla area do me a favor and enjoy a sunset at Wind-N-Sea for me. Spent 7 years out there and haven't been back to visit but once since 93.

Now go SC that setup. A man never forgets the first one. :rockon:

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I think you are better off with an engine that already has been broken in by at least 5k miles. And if maintenance has been kept up then you could get away with supercharging an engine with over 50k miles. Go for it!!

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 had 22km on the clock before the supercharger went on :) No issues what so ever.

Keep what you have, no real benefit really except you would have a new car?