Sponsored

Any active duty Navy here?

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Shot in the dark. Any active duty Navy folks here? Have a son interested in joining would like to ask a few questions. PM me.
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
86-91 was in desert storm. If he doesn't go into any aviation related rate have him ask for a smaller ship. The food is much better. If he goes into some form of aviation, he will most likely end up on a carrier. I was on a frigate, 438' long crew of 300 officers included and the food was excellent. Also, they give you a chance to pick where you would like to be stationed, if he chooses a larger naval base, like Norfolk or San Diego he will most likely get it.

Also, back in 86 when I went in, they would ask you in boot camp if anyone wanted to be a navy seal or if they wanted sub duty. Don't know if they still ask now. Also if he goes to boot camp in the winter tell him to dress warm if he gets sent to great lakes naval training center, it's right on the shore of lake Michigan up by Waukegan Illinois, just south of the Wisconsin border.

Last edited:

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I did 11 years in the Navy sonar tech surface.I learned digital electronics. I really enjoyed it. Make sure to get a rate that has skills that transfer into a civilian job. All these skills have done right by me and I have made a good living.

Sponsored

Offshoregames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
21’ GT Premium PP1 Carbonized Grey Metallic loaded
Vehicle Showcase
My advice would be to join the Marines instead….. :wink:

Semper Fi 0331

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Fly Navy
1401101026440007.jpg

Look at Naval Air, it's a cut above black shoe.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Fly Navy
1401101026440007.jpg

Look at Naval Air, it's a cut above black shoe.
Back in the early 80's, I started out as a Aviation Machinist Mate, it was a dead end then as there was Nearly ZERO chance at making rate

Switched to Fire Controlman after half the FC shop got busted during the early Zero Tolerance Crack down.

I liked to tease those fly bouys on Good Luck out running those SAM's I'm gunna launch up you tail pipe.

Navy has the best electronic schools and chance at making rate IMVHO. Most of the guys we are hiring currently are Navy vets.

RADAR, ET's and even snipe Electricians.

Sponsored
OP
OP
newmoon

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Ask away here instead of PM. My son is AT1. I'm USAF retired.
I am only looking to speak with active Navy directly. I am former Navy myself but want to understand the present climate.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Back in the early 80's, I started out as a Aviation Machinist Mate, it was a dead end then as there was Nearly ZERO chance at making rate

Switched to Fire Controlman after half the FC shop got busted during the early Zero Tolerance Crack down.

I liked to tease those fly bouys on Good Luck out running those SAM's I'm gunna launch up you tail pipe.

Navy has the best electronic schools and chance at making rate IMVHO. Most of the guys we are hiring currently are Navy vets.

Best job I ever had, ........... 80"s LOL that was not the real Navy, that's a boys club.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
My step Father was an Ensign and a radio operator during WWII in the sea of Japan. He decoded the message the bomb had been dropped.

My Father in-law was an engineer also in the sea of Japan during the bomb drop. He was in the first engineering expedition force that entered Nagasaki to inspect and chart the effects of the bomb. He had bladder cancer (likely an effect of the radiation) at thirty and lived till 97.

Thank you all for your service!! :like:

Last edited:

DansFLHTI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

Retired civie fire control tech here.

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I was in the Air Force for 9 years. Loved it until I didn't. The military is a great way to start adulthood!
Sponsored