Another suggestion post...

Hudb26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey everyone, I’ve been looking at KONI/Steeda pro-active shocks and then also the ford performance track suspension kit. My GT is a Base GT so I’m on standard suspension. Looking to improve handling while reducing bounce at high speeds and maybe make the overall ride a little more comfortable. I’m new to suspension when it comes to the car world so I know what I’m looking to do may or may not be possible, just looking for some guidance and if anyone has had the KONI actives and would like to share their experience with them. I’ve seen only a couple threads about them and was hoping to get some more info.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Koni Actives are a comfort oriented product. I'd look at them if you drive a lot of gravel roads or on really bad pothole roads. A good Koni or Track pack monotube shock should be a comfortable ride on normal streets.

The Ford track suspension pack is a good set of parts which will greatly improve the handling of a base GT. Koni or Steeda adjustables are nice, but shocks alone aren't as significant as doing the entire track pack, and the track pack monotube shocks are good parts if you don't need adjustable shocks.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
What he said. The Ford FR3 track suspension springs are progressive so they are very good on the street and excellent on track, I've been running them for about a year and it is a good kit. You still are going to find them a lot stiffer than what you have now, the maximum rates on these springs are on par with the GT350R rates, only difference is the R springs are linear, the FR3 is progressive so much better on street.

Suspension is a package, I am a firm believer in buying a complete package, springs, shocks and sway bars that are engineered to work together. I also believe Ford knows more about this car than anyone else.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
is the R springs are linear,
I'm gonna be pedantic and correct this. The R are linear front springs, but the rears are a dual rate, as are the FP rears (not progressive). The FP fronts are also linear, FYI.

On the left: linear rate
On the right: dual rate
388770.jpeg
Sponsored