Another Predator Engine Pic

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If the car is rear wheel drive and has normal Mustang sized rear tires, is there a real performance or street driving enjoyment difference between 700 hp and 800 hp? Seems like just bragging rights at that point, unless you are planning drag strip only.

Please explain this to me. I really don't understand those that are worried it will only have low 700s in HP.
Easy, bragging rights.
easy to explain, once you have a vehicle with 750 you don't want less. Sure, first two gears are virtually unusable, but ohh...the rest are fun.
this one should be easily 800 with bolt ons and a tune. so not terribly worried about it. it wont come in much more than my last one. I was hoping for starting where my last one was at.
everyone here likes to win at drag racing? at 700HP, it will be lucky to beat a hellcat in a straight line. those may be 250lbs more (than the GT500) but they also dyno at 740, not 707. I don't care if it's advertised at 649 as long as it dynos in the 740 area, I'm good with that.
and yes, I have my 350R for carving, I want a straight line car- from ford.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
easy to explain, once you have a vehicle with 750 you don't want less. Sure, first two gears are virtually unusable, but ohh...the rest are fun.
this one should be easily 800 with bolt ons and a tune. so not terribly worried about it. it wont come in much more than my last one. I was hoping for starting where my last one was at.
everyone here likes to win at drag racing? at 700HP, it will be lucky to beat a hellcat in a straight line. those may be 250lbs more (than the GT500) but they also dyno at 740, not 707. I don't care if it's advertised at 649 as long as it dynos in the 740 area, I'm good with that.
Even if it were just 707, for sake of argument, it's going to have about two adult males worth of weight advantage over a Hellkitten.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
there is no doubt it SHOULD be able to take the porker, but less HP doesn't make a car faster. sure, it depends on how it's put down but this car isn't going to be AWD... not this one anyway. maybe the next.
I'll be waiting to hear what this one is for sure.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
there is no doubt it SHOULD be able to take the porker, but less HP doesn't make a car faster. sure, it depends on how it's put down but this car isn't going to be AWD... not this one anyway. maybe the next.
I'll be waiting to hear what this one is for sure.
Ford isn't releasing a burnout machine like the Dodge. Rest assured it'll hook up.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Hopefully with the help of some wide ass rears!!! Aren't we hearing it is wider all the way around?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ProblemHouston

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Fastback GT350 replica
Hopefully with the help of some wide ass rears!!! Aren't we hearing it is wider all the way around?
I commented on the front fenders looking much wider but was told it wasn't. I still believe it will be wider in the front at least to match the back.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I would think 3rd would be virtually unusable as well (at least at full throttle), unless it's a hot day + very good road or you are at the drag strip. I realize you can use part throttle, but then you aren't using the full HP and the argument of needing more doesn't hold.

If you consider factory tires on a Hellcat vs. the widest factory tires for a Mustang it will win on grip alone if the HP is anywhere near 700. Unless you are at a well prepped drag strip, both vehicles should have some trouble hooking.

Ford isn't releasing a burnout machine like the Dodge. Rest assured it'll hook up.
Very interesting comment. I'm looking forward to the reveal.

Ken Block's AWD '65 Mustang originally made 845 hp and it appears to be able to burn all four stickies very, very easily.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I commented on the front fenders looking much wider but was told it wasn't. I still believe it will be wider in the front at least to match the back.
front facia is modded but I'm thinking fender widths stay the same. I think they just moded the headlight shorter, added the intakes etc in the front. I would think the back front quarters will look same as gt350.
they will probably run 305s up front on this gt500.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I would think 3rd would be virtually unusable as well (at least at full throttle), unless it's a hot day + very good road or you are at the drag strip. I realize you can use part throttle, but then you aren't using the full HP and the argument of needing more doesn't hold.

If you consider factory tires on a Hellcat vs. the widest factory tires for a Mustang it will win on grip alone if the HP is anywhere near 700. Unless you are at a well prepped drag strip, both vehicles should have some trouble hooking.

Very interesting comment. I'm looking forward to the reveal.

That AWD '65 Mustang originally made 845 hp and it appears to be able to burn all four stickies very, very easily.
AWD isn't the only way to hook up a lot of power. Weight transfer management and slip control...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
AWD isn't the only way to hook up a lot of power. Weight transfer management and slip control...
Weight transfer helps for sure - at least in a straight line. I'm not sure what slip control is, sounds like a way of reducing power more so than actually hooking it up.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis

at the top end, HP does matter. and you do use it. first couple gears, not so much, you do have to manage throttle, but after that it's pretty much full throttle, full HP.

Yes, it SHOULD be able to handle the hellcat with grip even tho there is a new wide body hellcat now, I believe they are only running 305s?? what helps the hellcat is that there is a lot of weight in that ass end. when drag radials are applied it's way quicker. the MP4S, should help this GT500 a lot.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
at the top end, HP does matter. and you do use it. first couple gears, not so much, you do have to manage throttle, but after that it's pretty much full throttle, full HP.

Yes, it SHOULD be able to handle the hellcat with grip even tho there is a new wide body hellcat now, I believe they are only running 305s?? what helps the hellcat is that there is a lot of weight in that ass end. when drag radials are applied it's way quicker. the MP4S, should help this GT500 a lot.
Are you talking about mile top speed runs or something? I would think with that amount of HP at 60 or 70 mph you are still in potential wheel spinning territory.
Sponsored