Sponsored

Another Hood Rust thread. Got it covered under TSB. PSA.

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey gang!

A couple months ago my 2017 GT Premium [32k miles currently] started developing the typical rust around the front edge of the hood, and some in the passenger front fender. I went to the dealership a couple of weeks after I noticed and the service manager started giving me BS excuses to not cover it; however, a godsend seller pulled me apart and told me to come back with a printout of the TSB and to mention the 'body panel perforation' warranty.

So I came here and did some research, printed out a copy of THIS TSB, and went back to the dealership with the printout and spoke with the service manager once more, mentioning the TSB and perforation warranty and she agreed to make a request for warranty. The new hood and fender should arrive next week.

TLD/DR; Don't get discouraged if the dealership declines to cover your hood rust issues, just go back, better prepared and you'll have way better odds.

That's all.
Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Do you happen to have pictures of the rust and the locations. Makes me want to go check mine 🤦🏼‍♂️

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I have a spot on my hood and trunk lid that I will have looked at soon. Just gotta find the time to deal with it and the headache being down a car will be.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I have a spot on my hood and trunk lid that I will have looked at soon. Just gotta find the time to deal with it and the headache being down a car will be.
Just FYI, the trunk lid is steel and not covered under the TSB. It would be covered under the standard warranty.

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Just FYI, the trunk lid is steel and not covered under the TSB. It would be covered under the standard warranty.
I knew the trunk was steel and would be the regular body warranty. It’s actually not as bad as the hood. The hood has some bubbling under the paint on top near the windshield. The trunk shows signs of starting to rust. First two images are the hood and the third is the trunk.
0209B399-B24E-46A4-9F22-2CCBA09681CD.jpeg
892BA429-3E31-423A-96FD-2D2DDD07E895.jpeg
91BF3D65-114D-433E-94A2-448B616180F9.jpeg

OP
OP
munizfire

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I did have a paint crack in the trunk, but the dealership turned down that request under the TSB; and started shying away from the perforation warranty.

But in all honesty, I'm not too worried about that, since I got rear ended last month and the body shop said they'll either replace or fix and repaint the whole trunk under the claim.

OP
OP
munizfire

munizfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Wow.

Where do you live?

D.
Well, this poor car has lived in Florida, Puerto Rico and Maryland. Can't attest to where in FL, but in PR and MD it has lived less than 30 minutes away from the beach.

HOWEVER, the rust started appearing this past winter.

Although I understand this also happens in dry non-coastal places too.

ddivinia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darin
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT-350R
Crazy. Glad they are handling it.

D.
Sponsored