Another broken Voodoo

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Today while I was at my local dealer picking up a spare set of pads and rotors for my 2016 GT350, they had a 2016 GT350 in the shop for a broken #8 connecting Rod. The engineer that was there said he's the only one in the country that inspects the 5.2 voodoos. They are replacing the long block with a new one. Dealer cost on the new 5.2 long bock is $16000.00 The car had 1200 miles on it and also never had its oil changed yet. They found debris in the oil pan and filter. Glad I changed my oil at 200 miles and cut my filter apart.
Holy SHITAKI MUSHROOMS!!!! That sucks for the owner. Ford is taking care of its customer properly, good job FORD!
I did not change my oil at 200 but did a 1k miles. Glad I did. DAAAAAYUM!
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
The engineer that was there said he's the only one in the country that inspects the 5.2 voodoos.
He sure has been racking up some healthy frequent flyer miles as of late.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Agree, not a versus statement was made. Also, I agree that this should be a symptom that we ALL should be worried about. Obviously, too soon to speculate or formulate cogent opinions...does make one wonder though,hmmm.

I guess more to follow.

I just changed my oil at the dealer with 790 miles. I think they spilled something, I can smell oil as if it was dropped on the exhaust or something,,,hmmm again.

Oh, a little over $200 for an oil change, wtfo! All I can say is that here comes maintenance plan from Flood Ford.
Dealer spilled oil on my last change too. smelled horrible and had me checking the fluid levels until after 5 days or so it was burned off. I'm sure its quite a mess down there though. I nailed them on both their after review and the questionnaire by Ford.

Time to check the catch can.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Maybe y'all could do some research... I simply asked around about the mechanics at the local dealerships. I found he one with the most expertise and I saw his resume along the wall in the service department.

Had a chit chat with him on my first vehicle there and we hit it off well and I trust my babies to his care cause he involves me every step of the way.

Do the homework and possibly tip the guy if he's a really good mechanic. Mine accepts a quality 6-pack in return after hours.

derpington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Ford is taking care of its customer properly, good job FORD!
Are you the owner? If not, I absolutely would not make assumptions on how Ford is taking care of its customer. I'm on day 28 of having no GT350, and Ford has refused to do a buy back, and they are no providing a loaner car, and the dealership still has not received a new engine from Ford. Ford also refuses to tell me why they will not do a buy back, nor will they provide any information on their thought process. They will only direct me to the BBB. When it gets to be 30 days on Friday, I'll be going through the legal process for the lemon law.

I hope this guy is getting better treatment than I am because this has definitely soured my opinion of Ford, and I will never buy another vehicle from them. I sincerely hope others don't have the same kind of catastrophic engines failures on Ford's flagship vehicle like a decent number of people here have, and then get treated like we're not even worth the effort to explain decisions to.

Sponsored

G-FORCE

PATRIOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
MANY
O.E.M's treatment of customers can be real shitty. They should be required by law to at least provide a rental allowance for a rolling tin.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Are you the owner? If not, I absolutely would not make assumptions on how Ford is taking care of its customer. I'm on day 28 of having no GT350, and Ford has refused to do a buy back, and they are no providing a loaner car, and the dealership still has not received a new engine from Ford. Ford also refuses to tell me why they will not do a buy back, nor will they provide any information on their thought process. They will only direct me to the BBB. When it gets to be 30 days on Friday, I'll be going through the legal process for the lemon law.

I hope this guy is getting better treatment than I am because this has definitely soured my opinion of Ford, and I will never buy another vehicle from them. I sincerely hope others don't have the same kind of catastrophic engines failures on Ford's flagship vehicle like a decent number of people here have, and then get treated like we're not even worth the effort to explain decisions to.
Sorry to hear that.

You should post this in your thread as an update, I know some people were probably subscribed to it.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Sorry to hear that.

You should post this in your thread as an update, I know some people were probably subscribed to it.
I agree on both points..

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)

What assumption did I make? The engine is being replaced is it not? SMH You not having a car is not a Ford issue but a dealer issue. Every car I have taken to my dealer for unscheduled, maintenance. I was provided with a rental.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
What assumption did I make? The engine is being replaced is it not? SMH You not having a car is not a Ford issue but a dealer issue. Every car I have taken to my dealer for unscheduled, maintenance. I was provided with a rental.
sorry, Ford needs to get its shit together, no reason a flagship vehicle has to wait 30 days or more for the engine to be sent.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350

Very sorry to hear about your issue, and subsequent treatment. Its hard to believe Ford would treat you in this manner. I can share that when the ecoboost F150s began shitting vacuum pumps on the breaks Ford unfortunately did very little. It took over 4 years and government regulators for them to finally do a warranty / recall for the darn things and it was a safety problem. I waited over 47 days for a new pump due to their supply chain issues. Dealer offered a rental but not at full rates so the out of pocket was not insubstantial. This car is what brought me back to Ford and how they handle this could make me reconsider trading into the 2017.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
28 days without any feedback or replacement with no rental car is disgusting. Don't be so blind. Stop with the fanboyism and realize this is an actual issue. Or let me guess, since it doesn't affect you it doesn't matter? Ford engineer should have provided a response by now, not the dealer.
Sponsored