Android 8" PX6 unit

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
So keep in mind there are several different trim levels for these units for mustangs as mustangs have different trim levels. Mine is the sync 3 version for premium mustangs and I can only speak for those units. These units retain all OEM features because you swap over your toggle switches your air conditioning board and your sync 3 module. If you look at my dash pic you can see the ford oem screen displayed at the top of my unit. It is the same as was on the 8 inch premium screen. I personally have not lost any functions. all air, steering and voice functions remain just as oem was. As for android auto and apples car play... On the forums lots of people have issues with apples car play n these units and it seems to be hit opr miss and take some work to get them to work. Keep in mind I personally would expect this from apple products as you are installing an android head unit and well.... apple and android are competitors sooo... The sync unit you retain is made by Microsoft and again they aren't exactly apples friend either. As for android auto I dont use it, I find it to be an unnessiasry middle man app that locks stuff out and i find it just another step . People haven't complained about it working on the forums though but this is to be expected because well its android auto and you are hooking it ot an android unit so...

But with all that said why would you want android auto on the unit anyway? Its a full android unit. android auto is unnessiasry. you can run the only two apps it seems anyone uses native on the unit. (waze and Spotify nether which I use LOL) So again with these units android auto is unnessiasry.

you do need to get internet to the unit liek anything else. so you will need either a hot spot on your phone or if you have the premium ford units activate the 4g modem in the car. its 20 bucks a month for unlimited data through att.

I will say again mine is the premium unit for cars with sync three that requires the swap over of oem boards to make sure everything is 100%. The ones for the sync 1 and 2 and the 4 inch screen base model cars I can not speak for. I will answer anything else i can just ask :)
Well I have a 2020 GT Premium with the B&0 upgrade, car came with sync version 3.4 from factory. Can you post me the link of the unit that would work for me

Much appreciated
Sponsored

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Well I have a 2020 GT Premium with the B&0 upgrade, car came with sync version 3.4 from factory. Can you post me the link of the unit that would work for me

Much appreciated
you have same set up as me then mines 19gt premium sync 3.4 and b and o.

https://phoenixautomotiveinc.com/co...g-and-shelby-2015-2019?variant=32213224554542

once on the order page you'll have to select that its for the premium mustang with sync 3. They are also gonna want pictures of your dash sent so they can verify correct unit. it will take 3 to 4 weeks ot get unit. Use code st2020 at check out and it will knock like 70 bucks off price.

I will also add these are meant for professional install. if you plan on doing it yourself be prepared to be frustrated as they come with no instructions and the videos on the net are for other units and none explain the ac board swap. I finally found a russian video that showed a sync 3 board swap and you basically have to just yank the knobs off the board..... butt puckering i can tell you LOL

gregoory

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gergely
Vehicle(s)
S550 2.3 ecoboost
Just a heads up for ordering this head unit. I've been waiting for about 45 days now for the package to arrive. Seller gave me a DHL tracking number, which was for another name/address/phone number TWICE. Just started the refund proccess.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just a heads up for ordering this head unit. I've been waiting for about 45 days now for the package to arrive. Seller gave me a DHL tracking number, which was for another name/address/phone number TWICE. Just started the refund proccess.
Did you order from Aliexpress?

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
Stupid Question: Does anyone know if doing something like this voids the car warranty? I was looking at the bigger vertical Tesla screen, but don’t want any issues with my warranty. I’ve already gone through one Ford Buy Back and I’m kind of cautious at this point.

damships

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1 (Rapid Red)
So if I got the Tesla screen installed, they’d probably deny to fixing any potential electrical issues that could come up during my warranty period. I haven’t had any, but I think I know what you mean.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are plug and play. Don't cut any harness and you should be fine.

gpierce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
Did the tracking number they gave you show delivered? If so how long ago? DHL are well known to recycle their tracking numbers.

Sponsored

SnoopDank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just got mine in today! Had to trim the back plate, but went smoothly. Everything seems to work just fine for the most part.
20201127_161403[1].jpg

Do you have any issues with the sync app, OP? It seems to work, but i can't get any audio to play through sync. Apart from that and not knowing what the developer password is, so far so good.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got mine in today! Had to trim the back plate, but went smoothly. Everything seems to work just fine for the most part.
20201127_161403[1].jpg

Do you have any issues with the sync app, OP? It seems to work, but i can't get any audio to play through sync. Apart from that and not knowing what the developer password is, so far so good.

OP had same issue, no audio via Snyc. Where at the back plate did you have to trim?

SnoopDank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP had same issue, no audio via Snyc. Where at the back plate did you have to trim?

Mostly around the "U" at the top where the old screen used to be. Cut off all the protruding fins and ridges. Its too large otherwise.
Sponsored