ANC mic in 2021?

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Hey guys, I'm in the process of installing an amp/sub in my '21 GT (w/12 speaker B&O), and I've seen a ton of posts/vids about unplugging the rear ANC mic above the headliner. I went to do that today, and there is no mic there on mine. It drops down like the other ones (magnets hold it up), but the only things up there are the satellite antenna plug and the plug for the 3rd brake light. Will I just have to disable it once my obd plug comes in for forscan? Thanks

Also... Has anyone disabled the ANC using forscan on a '21? I've noticed other things vary from year to year using forscan, and I didn't know if this is another one of those things.
Sponsored

OF5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP
In the past, regular GT models did not have ANC. Only the EcoBoosts and Bullitt GTs had ANC. Your discovery of no microphone in the rear headliner area pretty much confirms that there is no ANC in your GT.

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
In the past, regular GT models did not have ANC. Only the EcoBoosts and Bullitt GTs had ANC. Your discovery of no microphone in the rear headliner area pretty much confirms that there is no ANC in your GT.
Thanks! I finished wiring it all up today, and I didn't seem to have any of the ANC issues I've read about... It sounded good. I'm glad I didn't have to screw with anything to make it work 😁

OP
OP
B-Mitch

B-Mitch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Just in case other people are wondering.... I've completed my install, and there are zero ANC issues. Guess a simple LOC (I used LC2i) on the subwoofer wires is all that's needed :)

and FYI:

Violet/Green- Voice Coil 1 +
Green/White- Voice Coil 1 -
White/Brown- Voice Coil 2 +
Violet/Orange- Voice Coil 2 -

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's no ANC on a GT (unless they added it in 2021, which I don't think is likely).
Sponsored