Anarchy Motive ripped me off

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
Whole thing about him and his business is really odd. So many people with terrible experience. Yet, he still actively advertises, even now on his facebook page has new posts and ads. So still looking for new business. Some people do get knobs - and those that do seem to agree they are very high quality top notch. Occasionally some people get on time. Some people late. Some very late. Some never. Seems no rhyme or reason. My luck would be the guy to receive one after the car was long gone. Just so strange to create a custom, cool product, one of which obviously takes time and care, one in which you would guess the creator has great pride, and then ruin it all with terrible reputation. So bizarre to me.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Whole thing about him and his business is really odd. So many people with terrible experience. Yet, he still actively advertises, even now on his facebook page has new posts and ads. So still looking for new business. Some people do get knobs - and those that do seem to agree they are very high quality top notch. Occasionally some people get on time. Some people late. Some very late. Some never. Seems no rhyme or reason. My luck would be the guy to receive one after the car was long gone. Just so strange to create a custom, cool product, one of which obviously takes time and care, one in which you would guess the creator has great pride, and then ruin it all with terrible reputation. So bizarre to me.
Spot on.....

Note
1. Very responsive to messages
2. No confirmed page owner
3. Only 2 posts all year.
4. 10% off sale running now.

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 2.27.24 PM.png

OP
OP

Flipping Bird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Ecoboost Mustang 6MT
Derrick is the ultimate knob. I had no idea there were this many victims. We should compile a list of those who were screwed by Anarchy Motive, be willing to swear out a complaint. Maybe we can get a creative DA in St Louis area to compile all these misdemeanor crimes into a felony. Could be hundreds of victims. I will be the first in line. Attorneys, feel free to tell me how off base I am. Criminal enterprise?

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Derrick is the ultimate knob. I had no idea there were this many victims. We should compile a list of those who were screwed by Anarchy Motive, be willing to swear out a complaint. Maybe we can get a creative DA in St Louis area to compile all these misdemeanor crimes into a felony. Could be hundreds of victims. I will be the first in line. Attorneys, feel free to tell me how off base I am. Criminal enterprise?

all you guys like mustangs....right? road trip? front door?

OP
OP

Flipping Bird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Ecoboost Mustang 6MT
all you guys like mustangs....right? road trip? front door?
Not a good time for a road trip. As I get older, the less I think like this. Revenge is better medicine. Some time in the greybar hotel should set him straight.

Sponsored

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Not a good time for a road trip. As I get older, the less I think like this. Revenge is better medicine. Some time in the greybar hotel should set him straight.
can you believe I've been seeing patients RELEASED from jail for far worse than this? crazy world.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I think it's pretty simple, really. The guy took money out of his business and he uses the income from new customers to make knobs for customers that have been waiting forever.

I asked him point blank once - why not stop taking orders until you're caught up? He said that wasn't an option. Speaks volumes.

Anyway, I posted about my experience with Anarchy Motive here. There's a lot more evidence of his scammy nature in that thread.

I ended up getting a custom knob from Billetworkz. It's of a much higher quality that my Anarchy Motive knob that took eight months and ended up being made wrong, and I got it wayyyy faster.

dsc_0008-1-jpg.jpg

More info on this knob here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/custom-gt350-knob-from-billetworkz.119210/

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I'm not defending him at all. There just has to be something else wrong in life there. Maybe just immaturity but so odd. If were me, I'd have either raised price and lowered my volume or really trained a few trusted skilled people and expanded and done job correctly and on time. Seems to me he could have made a living doing this only if put a lot into it. Seem like such good quality. I know I'm a empathetic guy by nature and tend to want to see the best in people and find a reason as to why they do the things they do, but.... It's gotten me burned in life more than a few times.

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I'm not defending him at all. There just has to be something else wrong in life there. Maybe just immaturity but so odd. If were me, I'd have either raised price and lowered my volume or really trained a few trusted skilled people and expanded and done job correctly and on time. Seems to me he could have made a living doing this only if put a lot into it. Seem like such good quality. I know I'm a empathetic guy by nature and tend to want to see the best in people and find a reason as to why they do the things they do, but.... It's gotten me burned in life more than a few times.
I agree with you, although his business motives are much unfortunate, I believe maybe we just all quit doing business with hin based off the lesson we all have learned. I mean obviously anyone here has the right to take legal action however I personally do not find that route the way I would want to go. I'll just spread the word to people who are interested in purchasing from him to maybe look elsewhere and save any other Enthusiast from wasting money and time!

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I agree with you, although his business motives are much unfortunate, I believe maybe we just all quit doing business with hin based off the lesson we all have learned. I mean obviously anyone here has the right to take legal action however I personally do not find that route the way I would want to go. I'll just spread the word to people who are interested in purchasing from him to maybe look elsewhere and save any other Enthusiast from wasting money and time!
People have been doing that with this guy for years. Yet he still keeps taking peoples money and doesn't produce. He should be out of business at the least. He still finds a new audience. He has been on every forum at some time or another. Probably should be in jail.

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I think it's pretty simple, really. The guy took money out of his business and he uses the income from new customers to make knobs for customers that have been waiting forever.

I asked him point blank once - why not stop taking orders until you're caught up? He said that wasn't an option. Speaks volumes.

Anyway, I posted about my experience with Anarchy Motive here. There's a lot more evidence of his scammy nature in that thread.
In my conversations with him he basically said he has to wait to get a good number of orders to make it worthwhile for him to have the work done. He obviously has it done by a third party and in a way that requires several orders at once.

rrdeloss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roland
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2006 Nissan 350Z Roadster
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a knob on February 7, 2020 after seeing his work on IG. I thought it was great. I had no idea of his reputation. It's now June 3, 2020 and nothing. I've checked on the status basically once a month since April, I was told 8 - 12 weeks LT. He got super rude and blamed me for delay because he has to stop to respond to me. WTF? Then he told me that the LT was 8 - 12 weeks or LONGER. I asked for a refund and he said no refunds on custom orders. Dude is a total ahole and jersey. After my last email with him I accepted the fact I got scammed and decided not to bother with him anymore. I paid over $100 for knob that I probably won't get and honestly don't want anymore. Unfortunately I paid with my bank card so I don't think I'm getting my money back. The only plus is I found out about some better companies by reading other's stories. STAY AWAY FROM ANARCHY MOTIVE!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a knob on February 7, 2020 after seeing his work on IG. I thought it was great. I had no idea of his reputation. It's now June 3, 2020 and nothing. I've checked on the status basically once a month since April, I was told 8 - 12 weeks LT. He got super rude and blamed me for delay because he has to stop to respond to me. WTF? Then he told me that the LT was 8 - 12 weeks or LONGER. I asked for a refund and he said no refunds on custom orders. Dude is a total ahole and jersey. After my last email with him I accepted the fact I got scammed and decided not to bother with him anymore. I paid over $100 for knob that I probably won't get and honestly don't want anymore. Unfortunately I paid with my bank card so I don't think I'm getting my money back. The only plus is I found out about some better companies by reading other's stories. STAY AWAY FROM ANARCHY MOTIVE!

You have a lot of patience ........ Bank card for internet sales OUCH.

To be kind you're leaving yourself wide open. CC in the only way to fly, you have protection, not afforded to you, publishing you ATM and pin over the WWW.

Sad to reading, but consider it a lesson learned, hopefully

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe he is still in business. Dude is a tool. I would not believe anything he tells you as most of it it is pure bullshit. My advice - Know your timeline for disputing charges with your CCC or bank and do not pass that date.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I can't believe he is still in business. Dude is a tool. I would not believe anything he tells you as most of it it is pure bullshit. My advice - Know your timeline for disputing charges with your CCC or bank and do not pass that date.
He’s still in business because people are not doing their homework and keep sending him money. He delivers on occasion to keeps things legit and appears to bank the rest.
Sponsored