Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It sounds like he sells bullshit too.
It amazes me that people will spend large amounts of money with companies without checking them out first. Anarchy’s bad reviews have been around for more than six years. Why do people keep ordering from him? It’s not as if there aren’t other companies to buy a shift knob from.

analogman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It's a real shame Derrick has let it come to this, because he does nice work. There are many other companies that make shift knobs, but when he delivered, his were among the best (his were solid steel, not like the plastics or 'phenolic resin' used by some other companies). But even a nice product isn't worth taking the risk of never getting either the knob or a refund.

I was 'lucky'. I ordered mine from him a few years ago before things went totally down the toilet. It only took 9 months to arrive. It was the same story others have reported. He initially said it would take 4-6 weeks, and then the timeline kept changing. It finally arrived and is beautiful, exactly what I asked for (a plain shift pattern on a solid round knob color-matched to my car in Competition Orange). I think he's a one-man 'operation', and he makes the knobs part-time in a home shop, so it's not much of a 'company'. I get the feeling he started out wanting to do this on the side, make and sell shift knobs when he had the time to do it, and it all just got away from him and he lost control.

Whatever the situation and reasons, there's no excuse for misleading people. A basic rule of business is 'you never get a second chance to make a first impression'. You tell people up-front and honestly what the realistic timing is going to be, and if someone isn't happy with how things are going, you promptly give them a refund. Period.

With so many BBB complaints, I imagine he's effectively out of business now.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
It amazes me that people will spend large amounts of money with companies without checking them out first. . .
It surprises me that anyone with a F rating in the BBB is even allowed to continue as an operational licensed business. I guess it wouldn't even be worth suing this guy because it sounds like he probably wouldn't have any assets to take.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
It surprises me that anyone with a F rating in the BBB is even allowed to continue as an operational licensed business. I guess it wouldn't even be worth suing this guy because it sounds like he probably wouldn't have any assets to take.
The BBB has absolutely no power to restrict access to business licenses. It's more a consortium of business owners that act together to make things better. Regardless, it is completely non-governmental, so there's nothing they can do, other than list him as a shitbag.

JR

Sponsored

CycloneRy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
_
BBB will try to mediate a situation. If the retailer lists BBB on their webpage it might actually mean something to the retailer. If not, good luck... its basically Angie's List.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
The BBB has absolutely no power to restrict access to business licenses. It's more a consortium of business owners that act together to make things better. Regardless, it is completely non-governmental, so there's nothing they can do, other than list him as a shitbag.

JR
I didn't mean it in that sense. I know what BBB is but there is enough consumer complaints to build a case against this guy and have his business license revoked. I'm sure there is lawyer out there that would do it pro bono. With the amount of evidence it probably wouldn't be a hard case.

TeachThis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
I have one of his shift knobs. It came later than expected but not insanely so-- it sounds like I got really lucky. The knob is very, very good.
Having said that, I was looking to get a new graphic on a knob and it sounds like I shouldn't try my luck with him again. What other company has a comparable custom product to the Atlas knob? I'd rather put my money elsewhere.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
It amazes me that people will spend large amounts of money with companies without checking them out first. Anarchy’s bad reviews have been around for more than six years. Why do people keep ordering from him? It’s not as if there aren’t other companies to buy a shift knob from.
Not sure about large amounts...depends I guess. I paid $85 for mine on my Focus RS. Still have the knob if anyone wants it. :)
Stormtrooper Shift Knob.JPG

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
Not sure about large amounts...depends I guess. I paid $85 for mine on my Focus RS. Still have the knob if anyone wants it. :)
Stormtrooper Shift Knob.JPG

How much are you asking for the stormtrooper, Timeless? you can PM me if like

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I use PayPal whenever I can.if the guy doesn't deliver they'll refund your money..

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Yet another reason to get the A-10. We don't care about our knobs. :crackup:

Olivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ernest
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT w/PP
I did read all the comments about AM before ordering anything from them. Made the (wise) choice and went with Shift Solutions instead. Couldn't have been happier, no trouble at all, great shift knob.
20180505_163804.jpg

doccoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1967 fastback, 2019 Bullitt
so, he has a knob that no one else has and it's really cool. all of your negative feedback means a lot. He has agreed to give me in writing via a PayPal invoice a guarantee of money back if not DELIVERED in 12 weeks. what do you guys think? I've always had great service through PayPal and never been denied a refund whenever I had a problem with a seller.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
so, he has a knob that no one else has and it's really cool. all of your negative feedback means a lot. He has agreed to give me in writing via a PayPal invoice a guarantee of money back if not DELIVERED in 12 weeks. what do you guys think? I've always had great service through PayPal and never been denied a refund whenever I had a problem with a seller.
Honestly anyone doing any business with this guy at this point needs to understand the money is most likely going to be thrown down the toilet.

If you can afford it and can live with being screwed over, then go for it.

And I was a big fan of his on the RS forums just so you know.
Sponsored