Sponsored

ANARCHY MOTIVE REVIEW

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
All of this anarchy for a shift knob ? Shoot any some 1 knows that O Reilly ' s sells those all day long ..
Sponsored

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red EB, Manual, PP, Navi, 201a etc.
Is he chiseling the engraving by hand himself??? 3 months is a joke!!! A local shop here will thread it, hard anodized or powder coat it, and engrave it in 2-3 days!!! And they have 3 employees!!! It's funny to see people jump on them if the order takes a week, imagine 3 months!!!
Nothing takes that long to engrave/paint
Seriously, no idea why it takes that long... I ordered mines from him back in Aug 2017, got it in April 2018, and sent it back same month due to missing engravings, and bubbles on the paint (totally was bad)... and just barely got it back. Totally not worth the wait, and honestly the engravings aren't even that great. Could've done way better for all that time.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Did take a few months but I felt it was worth it.

If you are an impatient type might want to try a different vendor.
I feel the same way. :thumbsup:

I am not condoning his business sense, just adding my $0.02. :cheers:

Is he chiseling the engraving by hand himself??? 3 months is a joke!!! A local shop here will thread it, hard anodized or powder coat it, and engrave it in 2-3 days!!! And they have 3 employees!!! It's funny to see people jump on them if the order takes a week, imagine 3 months!!!
Nothing takes that long to engrave/paint
I cannot disagree with you thoughts. My personal experience was similar to many here.....my knob took 3+ months to arrive. But my car was winter parked during the wait and I was more than pleased with the result.

As [MENTION=11068]Timeless[/MENTION] mentioned above, if in a hurry, try another vendor. :cheers:

12baller12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ciaran
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT Fastback
Vehicle Showcase
Mine took close to 6 months, then showed up with the wrong engraving on it (despite me having sent pictures of what I wanted) so had to be redone. Admittedly he was good about redoing it and answered my numerous messages, but it definitely took the shine off the whole experience when it showed up with the wrong engraving on it.

OP
OP

ZFLYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 mustang V6 -> 2016 GTPP 6M
*UPDATE*

After waiting for full 1 year, I requested for refund.

Derrick agreed after first decline on my request back in July. mentioned that it is not worth it anymore.

1 year... SMH. I lost all my faith and will never deal with them. ever.

Sponsored

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I cant say anything bad about AM from my expereince. Good communication, received mine within 2 months, quality was perfect..this was about 2 years ago however, maybe things have changed since then?

pinch_wezil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robb
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The fact is Anarchy-Motive/Derrick is a liar and crook. I ordered a shift knob on October 3rd 2018 and was told 8 weeks lead time.
On December 7, 2018 I asked about shipping date and was told I would receive an email when it shipped.
December 18th I asked again. I was told as stated before "You receive an email when it shipped"
Jan 16th "Continuing to pest and comment on things is not helping me I can not force production any faster, theres not some giant shop. Everything is made to order by one person. receive an email when it ships."
Also Jan 16th I asked for a refund since he cant fulfill the order in a reasonable time frame. was told no since my product was already coated. Was told "at the absolute latest the end of the month"

On Jan 17th "Dropped off at the body shop for clear this afternoon as soon as I get it back I'll ship it"

Feb 13th Asked him "what's the word it is now Feb 13th" NEVER A REPLY

All the while he is running boosted ads on Facebook and Instagram when he can't fulfill orders he has in the que.....

Dude is a liar a crook and shouldn't be in business. I have lodged a complaint with Shopify

sw686blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red Mustang GT PP
Did you pay using PayPal? Or credit card? You can very likely get them to refund you.

Derrick is full of shit. If you ask him how long of a wait, it's always 8 weeks and he knows full well that he cannot meet that obligation.

pinch_wezil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robb
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Yes I working on gathering up the details It's been son long I can't remember so I am looking through statements this weekend.

Fatevilmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT in Grabber Blue
So you guys think PayPal will refund me ? Cause I’m totally ready to leave him with a shift knob and no money. I ordered last year Labor Day !
9B2E4BDD-20FA-42AC-84F1-6F60A1BB4831.png

Sponsored

pinch_wezil

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robb
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am not sure you can try..... I finally received mine a few weeks back it took over 10 months to arrive. I think the guy makes a nice product but is shit at running a business and if he is doing this as a "side hustle" well then he should't take on so many orders. I feel the only reason I received my item was I kept blasting him and tagging him and Shopify on Instagram posting that it was a scam, reporting his ads on Instagram as fraud etc..

RadRubyRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT Premium Convertible
So you guys think PayPal will refund me ? Cause I’m totally ready to leave him with a shift knob and no money. I ordered last year Labor Day !
9B2E4BDD-20FA-42AC-84F1-6F60A1BB4831.png
So if I understand your post, it’s been over 12+ months since you paid for a custom product, yet the seller has not given you an exact date to deliver the product to you? If it was me, after one to two months, I would have contacted Paypal for a refund. The way I see it, you’re a buyer and this seller has had your money for over a year. This is beyond acceptable to me. I’d contact Paypal immediately if this was me.

Fatevilmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT in Grabber Blue
I’m calling in the morning. Already contacted shift solutions for a shift knob. Within the week they said already

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I love my Anarchy knob, but I got mine early when it was only 8-10 weeks from order to get it.

However, waiting a year - you're more patient than I am. I'd do everything I can to get my money back at that point. It's unfortunate because he makes a nice product, but I don't think he should be taking orders for product he can't fulfill.

BlueDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP Mustang GT - Ruby Red
I submitted a claim through Amazon Pay. It's been 13 weeks (I know that's not long compared to others). Of course they sent him an email because they have to try and let him work it out and this is what he replied with. Basically a screw you I can do whatever I want. My request is not extremely complicated plus he quoted 7-8 weeks.

"Customer read and agreed to terms of service on site before placing order. They are below. There are no cancellations of custom products.

READ NOTICE BELOW BEFORE BUYING:
• CUSTOM KNOB ORDERS CAN'T BE CANCELLED, RETURNED OR EXCHANGED
• CUSTOM KNOBS ARE MADE PER ORDER AND HAVE VARIOUS LEAD TIMES DEPENDING ON COMPLEXITY, STOCK, ETC. CAN RANGE FROM 6 WEEKS FOR MORE BASIC STUFF TO 12+ WEEKS FOR MORE EXTREMELY COMPLICATED THINGS
• ONCE THE ORDER IS PLACED, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM EDITING OR CHANGING THE ORDER
• YOU WILL RECEIVE AN ORDER CONFIRMATION AND THEN A SHIPPING NOTIFICATION WHEN THE ORDER SHIPS
• PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ASKING FOR AN ORDER UPDATE"
Sponsored