Sponsored

Anarchy Motive Custom Atlas Knob

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Hey guys,
After a much anticipated 9 week wait, my knob arrived. I was impressed with the weight and the finish. Attention to detail on the engraving was on point. Can't speak for durability or heat retention at the moment,but stay posted. The only thing that I will say is that the EGA didn't want to align front to back, and always stayed skewed, regardless of where I position the lock bolt. All in all, just something minor. Haven't had a chance to drive with it on, but as I said, I'll keep you guys posted.
Sponsored

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
Hey guys,
After a much anticipated 9 week wait, my knob arrived. I was impressed with the weight and the finish. Attention to detail on the engraving was on point. Can't speak for durability or heat retention at the moment,but stay posted. The only thing that I will say is that the EGA didn't want to align front to back, and always stayed skewed, regardless of where I position the lock bolt. All in all, just something minor. Haven't had a chance to drive with it on, but as I said, I'll keep you guys posted.
Where are the pics??? I'm hoping to get mine in the next week or two!

OP
OP
Cobo_pro

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
As requested here's a pic.
A few notes;
I love the weight on this thing
The knob sits too low for reverse to work with supplied nut
The fix for this was a larger M12x1.25 Nut and 2 (7/16") washers
Sits a bit higher than stock, but its man sized, gotta love it
Had a bit of heat exposure, doesn't seem too bad so far
Shift Knob Sized.jpg

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Did you hear from them at any point after you ordered? I placed my order about a month ago and never heard anything. I'm hoping that when they eventually get around to doing mine they will let me know :shrug: Or maybe I'll just get it in the mail one day...

OP
OP
Cobo_pro

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Did you hear from them at any point after you ordered? I placed my order about a month ago and never heard anything. I'm hoping that when they eventually get around to doing mine they will let me know :shrug: Or maybe I'll just get it in the mail one day...
The product is great, the service, not so much... It's his second job and he gets a bit backed up. He was supposed to get more help, don't know if he did. Lead time is supposed to be about 6 weeks, took about 8 or more for my knob. The quality is spectacular, but I don't know that I would buy it again based on the feeling I had when I was waiting without response to email until I told him if I didn't get a response I would contact BBB. I'm a finance guy with the world's 2nd largest institution, so we generally know about how a client should be treated, this isn't it...

Sponsored

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Looks good. AFA the alignment of the graphic, this knob is probably like many aftermarket knobs in that you have raise the nut underneath the knob progressively higher until you can get the knob to be both tight and straight.

MGW provides a special flat wrench so you can hold the knob straight with one hand while tightening the knob upwards/like you're loosening it, against the bottom of the knob. Hope this helps.

abharwani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT Premium
I was quoted just over a months time and I'm now sitting at over 11 weeks. I wouldn't have minded waiting this long had I known from the get go it was going to take this long. He's been decent at communication when I reached out to him using facebook messenger.

OP
OP
Cobo_pro

Cobo_pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Looks good. AFA the alignment of the graphic, this knob is probably like many aftermarket knobs in that you have raise the nut underneath the knob progressively higher until you can get the knob to be both tight and straight.

MGW provides a special flat wrench so you can hold the knob straight with one hand while tightening the knob upwards/like you're loosening it, against the bottom of the knob. Hope this helps.
Thanks, I got it aligned with the bolt I bought stated earlier in the post. Flat wrench won't work because of the large bore needed for reverse lockout. I had to just buy a larger one and a couple of washers to fix the issue, no big deal. But there is an adhesive that makes the bolt stick to the knob which doesn't allow the bolt to lock to be able to align. Isn't my first rodeo, but this was the trickiest alignment I've ever done on a knob
Sponsored