Markus83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Markus
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 Convertible
Hello all
I am new to this forum and it is possible that this issue was addressed before. I have a 2019 GT premium convertible with the 401A package.
1. The ambient light in the passenger door handle does not work. And the door seal light stays turquoise even when I change the color settings.
Do I have to change the entire wire harness or is it as simple as open the door and check the connectors?
2. Also my passenger rear mirror sometimes tries to get in position but gets stuck and makes a clicking noise.
3. When I close the roof the small passenger back window does not slide in place and leaves a gap of about 1/2 inch after closing the windows.
4. The passenger window moves by itself up and down a quarter of an inch without me doing anything and the normal 1/4 inch up and down when I open the passenger door does not work ( driver door works fine)

thank you guys already in advance for you help!!!
Sponsored

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I presume that you are out of bumper-to-bumper warranty, otherwise you would not be asking about these items.

1. The light not working could be a bad connection. I would not think at this age that it would be a LED failure yet. I am not sure what you mean by the "door seal" light, perhaps the Mustang logo on the threshold? You may want to try disconnecting the battery leads for about 10 minutes (and additionally touching the positive and negative leads together to discharge any residual power left in the system) and see if this resets things.

2. Yes, I have had this issue a few times in nearly 4 years of ownership. I generally just select the mirror and move it back to stop it, then hit the memory button to reset it to where it normally is. I have found this usually happens when someone other than me has driven the car and moved the mirrors.

3. This is a common problem. You can try lubricating the top seals and the seal on the leading edge of the rear glass with a silicone lubricant. Some here use a WD-40 product, others a silicone grease. I suspect though, with that amount of gap, you will require an adjustment to the window. In any event, it is good practice to raise the rear windows first, then the fronts, to help with this issue.

4. Again, this seems to be a common problem, which may be cured by cleaning the contacts in the harness plug for the window motor inside the door. They can collect water and corrode. I think a few have replaced motors, but more likely the harness plug needs attention.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Update to my previous post. If you are going to try the reset I suggested in item 1, I found a comment elsewhere that says you should hold the negative and positive cables together for 2 minutes or so.

OP
OP

Markus83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Markus
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 Convertible
Hello all
I am new to this forum and it is possible that this issue was addressed before. I have a 2019 GT premium convertible with the 401A package.
1. The ambient light in the passenger door handle does not work. And the door seal light stays turquoise even when I change the color settings.
Do I have to change the entire wire harness or is it as simple as open the door and check the connectors?
2. Also my passenger rear mirror sometimes tries to get in position but gets stuck and makes a clicking noise.
3. When I close the roof the small passenger back window does not slide in place and leaves a gap of about 1/2 inch after closing the windows.
4. The passenger window moves by itself up and down a quarter of an inch without me doing anything and the normal 1/4 inch up and down when I open the passenger door does not work ( driver door works fine)

Thank you John for your detailed reply.

I will try all of it!!

twbthird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium PP convertible, Ruby Red
Hello all

I have also noticed that keeping the rear quarter windows very clean helps them move fully to the closed position.
Sponsored